17:26, Sun 5 May
Going down was a masterstroke tbf, we can buy our full Premier League team and piss the next two seasons now.

Trust Wagners plan 😎

😁👍
18:26, Sun 5 May
Smiler
If I understand correctly your wage bill cannot exceed 60% of turnover.

Therefore, IF and it’s a big IF you can persuade some bigger earners to come and at the same time increase income streams we should be onto a winner.

I would have thought our income will be the highest in League 1? Am I right?
. “

Not quite. It is 75% for relegated teams. So we’re at an even bigger advantage.
And that doesn’t apply to those signed on 3 year deals before September 2023. So an even bigger advantage.
And then Wagner can give us whatever he want to buy players and that won’t count. The advantage gets bigger.

In summary, we may possibly be the most well off team in the history of league 1
18:33, Sun 5 May
HG20
Smiler

Therefore, IF and it’s a big IF you can persuade some bigger earners to come and at the same time increase income streams we should be onto a winner.

. “

And that doesn’t apply to those signed on 3 year deals before September 2023. So an even bigger advantage.
And then Wagner can give us whatever he want to buy players and that won’t count. The advantage gets bigger.

In summary, we may possibly be the most well off team in the history of league 1

Sorry to be a broken record but this 3 year deal point is really important. Because while the owners can inject equity, they can exclude a large number of expensive contracts from the SCMP rules if we keep those players.

So it may not be as simple as the likes of Bielik, Laird, Buchanan etc wanting to leave. It’s punitive for us as a club if they do so.
That's good news. Was wondering that as I read the thread.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
19:14, Sun 5 May
Huge chance this summer to build a team to steamroller league one and one that has the foundations of a top six challenger in the Championship.

My only worry is Craig Gardner
19:22, Sun 5 May
David Xavis
Huge chance this summer to build a team to steamroller league one and one that has the foundations of a top six challenger in the Championship.

My only worry is Craig Gardner

Gardner/Recruitment and Mowbray coming back.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
19:33, Sun 5 May
i was angry yesterday, but does anyone else feel a calming of the storms?, in other words i felt we had to go down in order for us to progress. I know that sounds mad and i was in heavy debate with fans on X about this as i mentioned any fan saying going down would be a good thing are effin stupid or villa fans. im surprised how much at peace i am with relegation today. maybe knowing its happened under knighthead and not TTA (ironic) gives me optimism for the future, although i wouldnt be fully satisfied unless we got automatic promotion through being champions, even though no team has a given right to be promoted, it took ipswich and sunderland ages to get back and they seem to be doing alright now. if it happened under TTA than you could easily see us sliding like a scunthorpe or yeovil, so i guess im more relaxed and less stressed today, anyone else feel the same, or am i talking bollocks?
Tam
19:37, Sun 5 May
SHAKRO
i was angry yesterday, but does anyone else feel a calming of the storms?, in other words i felt we had to go down in order for us to progress. I know that sounds mad and i was in heavy debate with fans on X about this as i mentioned any fan saying going down would be a good thing are effin stupid or villa fans. im surprised how much at peace i am with relegation today. maybe knowing its happened under knighthead and not TTA (ironic) gives me optimism for the future, although i wouldnt be fully satisfied unless we got automatic promotion through being champions, even though no team has a given right to be promoted, it took ipswich and sunderland ages to get back and they seem to be doing alright now. if it happened under TTA than you could easily see us sliding like a scunthorpe or yeovil, so i guess im more relaxed and less stressed today, anyone else feel the same, or am i talking bollocks?

Each to their own opinion, of course, and it would be nice to think that relegation was in some way cathartic, but we could have progressed and had a reset if we were still in the Championship. I don't think that relegation brings any benefits that survival would have, and significantly less in fact. My only crumbs of comfort are that I have every confidence in the future and as you say, under the previous regime it would have been, in all probability, staring into the abyss with a relegated side, a secretive ownership and a half closed stadium.
Make Blues Great Again
19:39, Sun 5 May
HG20
Smiler

. “

is this true?
19:42, Sun 5 May
SHAKRO
HG20
Smiler

. “

is this true?

Yes.
19:44, Sun 5 May
Wycombe have just been taking over by a multi billionaire

Hate them
19:49, Sun 5 May
Tam
i certainly feel cathartic and that catharsis has washed over me today.
19:52, Sun 5 May
My Blue Heaven
Wycombe have just been taking over by a multi billionaire

Hate them

FFS. We only need one billionaire in league one, thanks. Kazakhstan is basically russia last time i heard, hes got to be corrupt surely?
19:55, Sun 5 May
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
SHAKRO
HG20
Smiler

. “

is this true?

Yes.

sounds like great news but then in the same sentence someone posts wycombe have a billionaire and we all know we will be facing wrexham. the third tier of english football has too many billionaires. just our luck.
20:43, Sun 5 May
Means nothing unless they can increase the turnover for wages.