This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Re: Gardner medical tomorrow

number8 replying to Tall
13:09, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Yeah, Little had something worng with his back.

Thank Christ, it was bad enough TF going, if he'd have been replaced by that fanny I'd have slit my wrists.
The Morose Mr Miyagi
Tweet Topic

JohnP replying to Tall
13:11, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Albion fan's analysis:

Hardworking, likeable sort. Reads game well. Technically reasonable, great shot especially in right foot. Not useless in the air. Never understood his selection this season though as he has absolutely no pace whatsoever. Tries to tackle a la Richard Sneekes, ie without success.
Tweet Topic

Tall replying to JohnP
13:12, Wednesday 11 January 2017
I would have thought his lack of pace would fit him in well with the rest of the side. I suppose being under 35 means he isn't quite old enough to get a game.
It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor. Just as long as you've got chickens.
Tweet Topic

b.casual replying to JohnP
13:13, Wednesday 11 January 2017
No pace. Brilliant.

The one thing we are crying out for.
Tweet Topic

Tall replying to b.casual
13:14, Wednesday 11 January 2017
He's never had much pace but, he does drive through centre of midfield, which is also something else we desperately need
Tweet Topic

Bob Latchford replying to Zulu89
13:16, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Zulu89
Gary Rowett
He's not a Blues fan to come out with that Villa spiel

The detail of the specific games he lists gives it away. Im a similar age and i couldn't tell you that they beat Tranmere in a semi final.

Throw into the pot the 'no brainer' slur.

I think he'll be half decent at this level, i just dont want him kissing the badge and playing up to being Mr Blues.

I think the reality is he's neither Blues or Villa, and just grew up preferring to play football and maybe went to the odd Blues game, odd Villa, and owned loads of Barca and Real Madrid shirts

I know his family and hes Blues. Him & his brother always used to banter about it as Gary's vile

Give me the source of your ''hes a villa'' statement ? The thongs tribute acts are getting embarrassing now, and even that was boring to start with

Here you go

Craig Gardner, self confessed "Villa through and through"

[news.bbc.co.uk]
Tweet Topic

Petebaldwin replying to Tall
13:20, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Not every play has to be pacey providing their game is adapted around it. Kenny Cunningham was one of the slowest things I have ever seen in my life but he always knew EXACTLY where to position himself so it was rarely an issue. Kevin Phillips is another good example.
Tweet Topic

Bluewurst replying to number8
13:22, Wednesday 11 January 2017
number8
Yeah, Little had something worng with his back.

Thank Christ, it was bad enough TF going, if he'd have been replaced by that fanny I'd have slit my wrists.

I remember vividly "conversations" with scummers about who was better, Little or Francis. They actually thought they had a case.

So relieved the fanny never signed for us. Des and Dennis chuckle were enough
@Bluewurst1875
Tweet Topic

number8 replying to Tall
Tall
He's never had much pace but, he does drive through centre of midfield, which is also something else we desperately need

This. Gardner on his own isn't going to change us. He's not pacy. He doesn't hit 45 yard passes to feet.

But he does put himself about, has a great shot in two feet, drives forward and will keep going.

Anyone who thinks he won't improve us should give up watching football and try curling instead.
The Morose Mr Miyagi
Tweet Topic

Tall replying to Petebaldwin
I agree but, somebody with pace would be nice. Maghoma seems fairly quick but, seems to become hampered when running and ball are combined
Tweet Topic

number8 replying to Bluewurst
13:23, Wednesday 11 January 2017
I'll exempt Bremner, he did OK for us and hit that screamer in the 90th minute v Leeds to win the game and get me chased down the Cov road.

Mortimer was an abortion.
The Morose Mr Miyagi
Tweet Topic

Tarquin replying to number8
13:26, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Quick enough for a central midfielder.
I saw the rain dirty valley, you saw Brigadoon. I sighed...you swooned.
Tweet Topic

b.casual replying to Tall
13:28, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Tall

True but I disagree we are desperate for him. Fabbrini, Brown even Stewart on his day can do that with more technical finesse than an over the hill Gardner.

Not disappointed with it by all means, he gives us more options but I'd have a 'no.10' pretty low on the list of priorities right now, plus I'd hasten to bet he isn't a Zola player.
Tweet Topic

Le Mod replying to Tarquin
13:30, Wednesday 11 January 2017
This will (hopefully) be one of 4 or 5 signings, players that go straight into the line-up.

As long as 3 of them are quick, I'm happy.

Gardner does give us a threat, he can shoot off either foot from anywhere, he has drive, and he will give the fans a lift.

He will be very good for us in a 3 in the midfield given a license to join in with Juke and try and score some goals.

He would start for the vast majority of sides in this division, you cannot say that about many of our signings over the past few years.
@LeMod1875
Tweet Topic

Tarquin replying to b.casual
13:30, Wednesday 11 January 2017
b.casual
Tall

True but I disagree we are desperate for him. Fabbrini, Brown even Stewart on his day can do that with more technical finesse than an over the hill Gardner.

Not disappointed with it by all means, he gives us more options but I'd have a 'no.10' pretty low on the list of priorities right now, plus I'd hasten to bet he isn't a Zola player.

Gardner is a better player than all of those you mention. He has payed more than 250 games in the premier league for a reason.

He's not a marquee game changing signing, but will definitley take us up a level in his position.
Tweet Topic

b.casual replying to Tarquin
13:34, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Yeah, that's a fair enough assumption but I'm more for improving what we have got, rather than loaning turncoats in their twilight.
Tweet Topic

13:36, Wednesday 11 January 2017
He is improving what we have got.
Tweet Topic

13:38, Wednesday 11 January 2017
I meant improving our own stock, but I suspect you knew that.
Tweet Topic

Bluewurst replying to b.casual
13:38, Wednesday 11 January 2017
b.casual
Yeah, that's a fair enough assumption but I'm more for improving what we have got, rather than loaning turncoats in their twilight.

You don't think playing alongside better players would improve our current ones?
@Bluewurst1875
Tweet Topic

b.casual replying to Bluewurst
13:39, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Not if they aren't playing.
Tweet Topic

13:40, Wednesday 11 January 2017
So you would rather us not buy any new players and just coach our current ones to a much higher standard instead?
Tweet Topic

Zulu89 replying to Bob Latchford
13:42, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Bob Latchford
Zulu89
Gary Rowett
He's not a Blues fan to come out with that Villa spiel

The detail of the specific games he lists gives it away. Im a similar age and i couldn't tell you that they beat Tranmere in a semi final.

Throw into the pot the 'no brainer' slur.

I think he'll be half decent at this level, i just dont want him kissing the badge and playing up to being Mr Blues.

I think the reality is he's neither Blues or Villa, and just grew up preferring to play football and maybe went to the odd Blues game, odd Villa, and owned loads of Barca and Real Madrid shirts

I know his family and hes Blues. Him & his brother always used to banter about it as Gary's vile

Give me the source of your ''hes a villa'' statement ? The thongs tribute acts are getting embarrassing now, and even that was boring to start with

Here you go

Craig Gardner, self confessed "Villa through and through"

[news.bbc.co.uk]

His Villa cousins I know say hes always been Blue.

feck it *** loads shotgun *** wait till I see him. DVB, fekoff Craig :D
Tweet Topic

Bob Latchford replying to Zulu89
13:43, Wednesday 11 January 2017
I don't care who he used to support. Will be interesting to see how those who caled Rowett a DVB try and deal with this though
Tweet Topic

Le Mod replying to Bob Latchford
13:44, Wednesday 11 January 2017
All 3 of them.
@LeMod1875
Tweet Topic

13:45, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Tarquin
So you would rather us not buy any new players and just coach our current ones to a much higher standard instead?

No, I would rather we buy players in order to build a squad and not throw money at badge kissing no brainer loans in positions that aren't a priority.
Tweet Topic

13:47, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Oh it's the loan thing you disapprove of. That's fair enough.
Tweet Topic

Zulu89 replying to Bob Latchford
13:49, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Bob Latchford
I don't care who he used to support. Will be interesting to see how those who caled Rowett a DVB try and deal with this though

Exactly, I couldn't really care less. I'm dont think any footballer that has been with academy's since such a young age is a real true fan anyway. Other than obviously the likes of Darren Carter..

Happy with the signing. Still not the pacey / silky player I would have expected Zola to go for, but finally we have a midfielder who will bang a few in
Tweet Topic

Ser Tait replying to NZ19
13:58, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Le Mod has basically just confirmed what I said. Made you look silly x
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
Tweet Topic

NZ19 replying to Ser Tait
14:02, Wednesday 11 January 2017
I wasn't doubting you, I thought it was ridiculous to do that to kids.
Only at Blues.
Tweet Topic

Ser Tait replying to NZ19
14:05, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Now you've made me look silly, it is extremely ridiculous.
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
Tweet Topic
  • Get £2.50 off at FunkyHampers.com
    From Sweet Hampers to Chocolates and Retro Gifts to Flowers, FunkyHampers have exclusive gifts for all occasions.
  • Advertisement
  • Handmade Turned Items
    Looking for a unique gift? Browse our website for handmade turned items.
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »