This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Re: Getting Relegated

Le Mod replying to Ray Mac
14:32, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Ray Mac
But we were proper men in them days...most of us had left home by the time we had reached 12 years of age. ...not like you modern youth. ...still suckling on your mom's tit at 30 plus....

Sorry, I know most of you were abducted at some point in the 70's, so I sympathise, but I have no interest in what you watch online.
@LeMod1875
Tweet Topic

Petebaldwin replying to mr_crosby
14:34, Wednesday 13 September 2017
mr_crosby
So let's get the ages of all the negative posters from the last 5 days to see how that stacks up?

Are we allowed to include this thread (and this one [www.smallheathalliance.com])?

Both seem jam packed with oldies having a moan.
Tweet Topic

coventrybluenose replying to Petebaldwin
14:39, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Just remember us oldies haven't much time left!
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
Tweet Topic

mr_crosby replying to Petebaldwin
14:42, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I was thinking more this one
[www.smallheathalliance.com]
And this one
And most of this one
Tweet Topic

bluer than blues replying to mr_crosby
15:47, Wednesday 13 September 2017
TBF, it was meant more like a rallying cry than a moan. Whoops!
Tweet Topic

wannabee bailey replying to bluer than blues
17:11, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I'm 66 and very positive - despite 61 years of following Blues.
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk
Tweet Topic

Bluestaines replying to Freud
20:37, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Freud
Oldham
Yeah, the 'gerritforward' brigade.

One up front, hoofed up from the back.

Rowett has a lot to answer for.

Yeah, bas***d, making us get used to winning games.
Tweet Topic

Bluestaines replying to Le Mod
20:39, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Le Mod
Just taking the piss to be honest, killed a few minutes.

Very amusing too. If a little (worryingly) well observed.
Tweet Topic

QBBC2 replying to Le Mod
20:46, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Le Mod
It's the oldies, rattling on about how good it used to be when they were rolling down muddy hills at half time, pissing in each others pockets, paying 25p for a ticket whilst being mindlessly wrecked on 3% pints of bitter, no comprehension of how the team were playing, their hands dirty and their perms stinking of cheap fags and disappointment.

They corner you at the game and waste no time in lecturing you about the amazing players that we had in the 70's and that today's lads don't stand up to them, with only their hazy and drink fueled memories to support their claims.

Their heroes won less for Blues than Stuart Parnaby and dragged us into relegation battles through the 70's on a diet of Mars Bars and lard, playing hungover and looking 43 years old despite being 23, the fitness levels of semi-professional darts players.

Bob Hatton? He'd kill scarf lady to have Martin Jiranek's winners medal, if only he was half the player, he might have had one in his bungalow, if he hadn't pawned it already.

If Jonathan Grounds was transported back to 1976 and played for Blues he'd be their favourite player, the oldies know it, they just can't bring themselves to remove their Werthers Original and admit it.

That's a great post Le Mod. I don't agree with any of it but it's a great post none the less. Bravo!

[media.tenor.com]
Tweet Topic

Wingman Blue replying to Bluestaines
20:51, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Things have deteriorated since Elsie. A lot of us looked forward to Chris Hughton after McJudas but after losing to Blackpool you could sense something died.
Elsie, despite hoofing the hoardings and manic post-match interviews, brought a wave of negativity that also infected the Rowett era. You then got lads spending the game watching their I-phone to see how Liverpool or Arsenal were getting on, only bothering to look up if the crowd erupted.
Between the odd, polite clapping from the oldies and the phone-starers, is it any wonder Stans is becoming a morgue?
Where's the vim and vigour?
Tweet Topic

The Bat replying to QBBC2
20:52, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Shame he would never say that to an older lads face. Internet warrior slagging off the old school.
Tweet Topic

Bordesley not Small Heath replying to coventrybluenose
22:20, Wednesday 13 September 2017
coventrybluenose
Since I started supporting a Blues as a 9 year old we have had 3 good periods when watching Blues was fun, 1971-1979, 1993 -1996 and 2002 - 2011. All the rest has been largely poor or nondescript. For me the problem so far this season has been the high expectation that a corner has been turned only to find we are going deeper into the dead-end.

bronx hat!!

I started in 75 but i would also add the jim smith years of 80 and 81 to your list. The club really felt 'alive' during these 3 periods you mention.
1985\86-89 still depresses me!:)
Tweet Topic

Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist replying to Le Mod
22:40, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Le Mod
It's the oldies, rattling on about how good it used to be when they were rolling down muddy hills at half time, pissing in each others pockets, paying 25p for a ticket whilst being mindlessly wrecked on 3% pints of bitter, no comprehension of how the team were playing, their hands dirty and their perms stinking of cheap fags and disappointment.

They corner you at the game and waste no time in lecturing you about the amazing players that we had in the 70's and that today's lads don't stand up to them, with only their hazy and drink fueled memories to support their claims.

Their heroes won less for Blues than Stuart Parnaby and dragged us into relegation battles through the 70's on a diet of Mars Bars and lard, playing hungover and looking 43 years old despite being 23, the fitness levels of semi-professional darts players.

Bob Hatton? He'd kill scarf lady to have Martin Jiranek's winners medal, if only he was half the player, he might have had one in his bungalow, if he hadn't pawned it already.

If Jonathan Grounds was transported back to 1976 and played for Blues he'd be their favourite player, the oldies know it, they just can't bring themselves to remove their Werthers Original and admit it.

You're a trier, I'll give you that! :D
You know what? I think I'd quite like to sit near Miguel.
Tweet Topic

Getting Away with it...

Blue Zoot Saxonian replying to Le Mod
02:10, Thursday 14 September 2017
Edwin Brown - we miss him bossing it

[en.wikipedia.org]

Alex Govan - we are him and his spirit needs to re-boss us

[en.wikipedia.org]

[www.youtube.com] This one bosses all the bossmen on song writing ability with a guitar...

Do we need anything else but Blues as our club? We will win the next game B)

Z
Tweet Topic

oldtank replying to Le Mod
10:38, Thursday 14 September 2017
It was more fun in the old days because err... we were younger then. There's slightly less point after losing a match to feel justified in storming the away end to seek your own entertainment, vengeance , justice ,and a warriors death in Vall Halla when your Merc's in the club car park and your grown up kids who sit in the
Kop worry about your blood pressure.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »