22:02, Thu 28 Dec
El Mayor
Thing is, a lot of people want to believe its true cos they don't like or rate Rooney so they want to believe stuff that makes him look bad - basically confirmation bias.

You keep rolling this line out but it's utter tosh in many cases, it's a sneaky way of attacking the person - suggesting that they're not capable of rational/critical thinking. If you disagree with something somebody is saying, you should be verbally dextrous enough (based upon your articles) to try and deconstruct their assertion with your own counter-assertion, rather than resorting to Ad Hominem, which doesn't win any arguments because it's a logical fallacy.
22:03, Thu 28 Dec
Blimey.
22:06, Thu 28 Dec
Feck me sideways
22:09, Thu 28 Dec
There’s pompous. And there’s WR pompous.

There’s a lot of shitty, whiney, petty comments on this thread.
22:09, Thu 28 Dec
Sorry.
22:10, Thu 28 Dec
😁. Just do better.
22:13, Thu 28 Dec
newblue

That sums up the majority of your posts.
22:14, Thu 28 Dec
These rumours are painful.
Results on the pitch will clearly dictate WR outcome, and things need to turn sooner rather than later for his sake.

However all this nonsense isn’t helpful in the slightest.

I can only see it ending one way for WR but come on some of these so called claims are scandalous.

If it doesn’t work out it will be purely based on his managerial ability, nothing else.
22:17, Thu 28 Dec
WR Blue
El Mayor
Thing is, a lot of people want to believe its true cos they don't like or rate Rooney so they want to believe stuff that makes him look bad - basically confirmation bias.

You keep rolling this line out but it's utter tosh in many cases, it's a sneaky way of attacking the person - suggesting that they're not capable of rational/critical thinking. If you disagree with something somebody is saying, you should be verbally dextrous enough (based upon your articles) to try and deconstruct their assertion with your own counter-assertion, rather than resorting to Ad Hominem, which doesn't win any arguments because it's a logical fallacy.

You may not like this pal, but based on my interactions on here and FB I worry that many people really aren't capable of rational or critical thinking.

You can be as verbose as you like mate, but it's not making this stuff about training any truer.
22:22, Thu 28 Dec
You’re right it doesn’t help, but it’s only going to continue and get worse unless Rooney can do his job, and get us winning. Tbh I think we’re past the stage of just performing alright and not getting results, that won’t stop the toxicity and divisions, and criticisms. As others have said hundred s of times, football is a results business.
22:26, Thu 28 Dec
WR Blue
newblue

That sums up the majority of your posts.

Blessedly short.
22:26, Thu 28 Dec
WR Blue
El Mayor

Alternatively there is the Simon Jordan style of presenting an argument.

Slaughter the English language in an effort to convince others that the opinion being presented is, somehow, more valid than others.
If football is a results business any other BCFC manager would have been sacked by now.

Personally I think he has two games to turn it round.
22:34, Thu 28 Dec
I swear that since Rooney came in I have seen a tribal, distasteful side of some of our supporter base that has really conflicted my view that by and large we share the same philosophy.

This stirring that is being manufactured from within and this desire to believe it or want to believe it is weird. Almost our losing and then getting to rip into Rooney on social media is becoming more enjoyable more Schadenfreudesque than actually wanting the appointment to succeed and seeing us a build up a head of steam.

If I was the owners I would be starting to think screw this, is it worth it?
22:34, Thu 28 Dec
El Mayor
You may not like this pal, but based on my interactions on here and FB I worry that many people really aren't capable of rational or critical thinking.

When you expand it to include mass social media, then I don't disagree. In my experience it's the minority who have studied critical thinking in any meaningful form. But previously you made the confirmation bias accusation directly to me in one or two discussions on here, this time you're not specifying exactly who you're aiming it at, but doing so within a thread where various people fit the profile you're suggesting ('those who 'believe it's true') - in a thread where I suggested that because many are suggesting it, that might give credence to the suggestion.

Some of us who were in threads where you previously made this type of accusation of confirmation bias took the time and effort to provide plenty of reasoning to support our assertions to try and demonstrate that it's nothing to do with a personal dislike of Wayne Rooney the person, it's about a personal dislike of the team playing really badly - and unfortunately, they're doing it in a manner which suggests that Rooney is doing a really poor job of managing the team.