17:32, Sat 30 Dec
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton
I think that you need a few older cynics to be invited, perhaps with some business nous who have seen it and done it.

The first question I would have is about Managing Change and making incremental improvements versus ripping things up and starting again.

The second I would have is what interview process was in place to appoint Rooney and why he was allowed or expected to change the style of play immediately rather than judging the state of the team over a 3-6 month period.

All of it smacks of it wanting to run before we had achieved any form of stability.
R
There wasn't an interview process for Rooney mate, we know this.

I know, but the question would make Cook squirm.

If they even read it out. Those things aren’t Q and A sessions mate

I know, they are questions for behind closed office doors in reality.
Rab C Nesbitt
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton
I think that you need a few older cynics to be invited, perhaps with some business nous who have seen it and done it.

The first question I would have is about Managing Change and making incremental improvements versus ripping things up and starting again.

The second I would have is what interview process was in place to appoint Rooney and why he was allowed or expected to change the style of play immediately rather than judging the state of the team over a 3-6 month period.

All of it smacks of it wanting to run before we had achieved any form of stability.
R

A question to anyone. If you got invited would your aim be to make anyone from Blues squirm, with your question?

Rab in reality I know that these are questions for behind closed doors and not general consumption.
17:34, Sat 30 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton

R

A question to anyone. If you got invited would your aim be to make anyone from Blues squirm, with your question?

You wouldn't get the likes of Wagner or Cook to squirm even if it was an open Q&A unless you had something on them that wasn't public knowledge so you caught them out. Asking them a tough question they would just bat it away.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
mad
17:38, Sat 30 Dec
I doubt there's any way out of this. I think we have to expect to be told to swallow relegation whilst that lot win the treble. Anything short of those milestones will be a Brucey bonus
Robert Hopkins
Rab C Nesbitt
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton

R

You wouldn't get the likes of Wagner or Cook to squirm even if it was an open Q&A unless you had something on them that wasn't public knowledge so you caught them out. Asking them a tough question they would just bat it away.

To be honest I doubt they would want to answer in an open forum. The problem with these, like political programmes is that they are too stage managed.
17:44, Sat 30 Dec
El Mayor

I'll be honest, I didn't know this. So to put this into context, the day after sacking Eustace Cook made a decision to release a 'letter to supporters' with the following words -

Creating a winning culture in an organisation that has been on its back foot for a number of years is not easy. My executive team are aware that we are aspiring to be world class, but it takes more than words. Birmingham City Football Club needs world-class professionals across every department, to enhance our performance on and off the pitch. Experienced people who know how to be successful and are driven by winning. We are not going to stop identifying and adding such talent to help us realise our ambition. I do not expect our fans to agree with every decision we take. All I ask is that you keep in mind the Owner's and the Board's commitment to the long-term success of the Club and the desire to create a new and exciting future, the likes of which Birmingham and Birmingham City have never seen before.

He said this knowing that he was about to announce Wayne Rooney (far from a world class professional manager) as manager and there was no interview process, no proper due diligence? He is taking the mickey out of us.

The absolute irony of the words 'a new and exciting future, the likes of which Birmingham and Birmingham City have never seen before' when he was about to unleash Zola mk 2 upon us, is beyond compare. If I ever see someone stating that Cook is a filthy, lying snake who simply cannot be trusted and somebody scolds them for saying it, I will refer them to this thread. I don't care so much for 'distressed asset investors' throwing a bit of money about in order to make more money, I care about the team I support playing good football, winning games and trying to get back into the top flight. My trust in these owners, their choices and their employees is running very low right now because they are making bad decisions and their key employees are fakers and liars.
If the end is nigh we are probably going to have to throw £5-£6 million (when you include coaches) down the drain.

How much better if that money has been spent on improving the squad.
17:50, Sat 30 Dec
If your trust is low in them for this, how have you functioned as a blues fan for the last twelve years?

This is nothing - nepotism is absolutely rife in football and Blues have been part of that consistently for years. It’s just a thing - people appoint people they know cos they can trust them.
17:51, Sat 30 Dec
Latchfordfrancishatton
If the end is nigh we are probably going to have to throw £5-£6 million (when you include coaches) down the drain.

No we aren’t.

Managers and coaches don’t get paid off a lump sum like that
17:52, Sat 30 Dec
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton

No we aren’t.

But they could be paid until the end of their contract? If that's the case it's £2million a year for three years in funds not available for the team.
18:00, Sat 30 Dec
Latchfordfrancishatton
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton

No we aren’t.

But they could be paid until the end of their contract?

Could be, over multiple years remaining on their deal (which means it’s not the hammer blow to ffp that I might seem).

It be what it do. We could spend six mil on a player who’s completely useless… it’s not like we’ve never wasted money on players is it?
18:00, Sat 30 Dec
El Mayor
If your trust is low in them for this, how have you functioned as a blues fan for the last twelve years?

This is nothing - nepotism is absolutely rife in football and Blues have been part of that consistently for years. It’s just a thing - people appoint people they know cos they can trust them.

It's been difficult! But previous owners kept themselves at a distance. These owners and their CEO have presented themselves as being different - being the solution to the problems we have had. They have brought up and acknowledged the difficulties of the past decade and used it as an example of what they weren't going to do and promised that they would do things differently. They have made a specific point of stating that they are reaching out to connect with fans, that they are listening, that they care about the club like we do. They go so far as making the point that 'it takes more than words' and other things like that.

It's not the nepotism itself that rankles, it's the blatant lying and treating fans as if we're only worthy of being fed BS. It's the making of terrible decisions just after promising to do the exact opposite. I wouldn't care about nepotism if Cook's mate was a fantastic manager of the type of quality they had promised to bring in. I don't care about nepotism now, but I care that they promised world class and delivered Rooney. They lied and cannot be trusted anymore and in the process have taken the club backwards after promising the opposite.

Imagine if you found a new partner and they were rubbish. Then alternatively - imagine a new partner found you, knowing that your previous partners were abusive (you were a distressed asset). They sympathised with you and promised to make it up to you by being the opposite of your previous. Then they started being dishonest and made decisions which set you back a long way. It's not the same is it? The latter is worse because the person sought a vulnerable target and manipulated them. It's not a perfect analogy but I hope you get the point - they know what they are doing here and they are treating us like fools while speaking with forked tongues.
18:02, Sat 30 Dec
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton

No we aren’t.

But they could be paid until the end of their contract?

Could be, over multiple years remaining on their deal (which means it’s not the hammer blow to ffp that I might seem).

It be what it do. We could spend six mil on a player who’s completely useless… it’s not like we’ve never wasted money on players is it?

It'll be in the region of £2 million a year for three years which is not available for players. To me that's money down the drain.
mad
18:02, Sat 30 Dec
Not from a standing start either. They've literally dropped the baton