09:51, Thu 15 Feb
derbyblue
the extra row of seats and fencing put into the middle area of the Kop has narrowed the walkway, which does make it harder for two lanes of people walking in both directions, especially as stewards let people congregate at the fencing - that will need looking at for bigger crowds i’m sure as that could start to become a safety issue

I’m not sure if it has been narrowed, but the game against Bristol, I think, was absolute chaos. Took me 10 minutes just to get from my seat at the top of the Kop to the concourse. God help us up there if there’s a fire or emergency. I don’t think I’ll bother Saturday.
Gazball?
09:53, Thu 15 Feb
if there was a fire or an emergency you would go onto the pitch and people wouldn't just be stood around chatting to their mates
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
10:28, Thu 15 Feb
Elior - we have to work with them at different venues all over the country. They are just awful at almost every level. Every event a senior manager has to eventually get involved as there are too many things going wrong.

I assume they are just run very lean - cheap staff who are overstretched. It appears they are constantly fighting fires and they make our jobs so much harder as we have to triple-check everything and cannot accept their basic guarantees.

The sooner they get away from that contract the better.
10:33, Thu 15 Feb
CJ
CJ
Good article with many valid points. The sooner we move to a modern stadium like the King Power design the better. If they can sort out parking that will encourage a lot of people as well. I love St Andrews but it is old and not user friendly.

it's clear that there is so much scope to increase revenue at the ground with simple measures. And we have the guys that can implement them - will help tremendously in increasing our budget
10:44, Thu 15 Feb
You mention creating more space for fans outside of the stand and I think this could be an easy win for the club.

Are the turnstiles for the Tilton and Tilton/Kop Corner permanently fixed in to position? They're obviously dropped way back away from the road for the queues before the game but once we kick off if they could be pushed all the way back out towards the road then both sections would be much bigger for fans. I know in the GML they reopen the gate next to the turnstiles so fans can spread out past the street food so it would only be similar to this?
10:45, Thu 15 Feb
I think that’s something they’re looking into - I know others have had the same thoughts
11:24, Thu 15 Feb
Newbs
A new stadium isn't going to have lots of car parking

Its a very good source of extra income for the club though if at all possible
11:25, Thu 15 Feb
Newbs

Could they not put a car park under the stadium?
Happy Clapper
11:26, Thu 15 Feb
Thongs
You can walk from the Tilton to the Kop. They need to stop that, the riff raff have their own bogs and food outlets. Stay out of ours.

this

there is a mass migration at HT from people on the tilton using the first kop concourse/refreshment area. close the gate

its mental
11:33, Thu 15 Feb
Le Mod
Newbs

Could they not put a car park under the stadium?
Bit of a safety hazard I would’ve thought. Spurs stadium only have a few for disabled access.
Gazball?
11:34, Thu 15 Feb
Fair fecks, some of the modern stadiums in Europe and further afield has them under ground, underneath the stadium
Happy Clapper
11:35, Thu 15 Feb
I do recall going to and from the ground with attendances approaching 50,000 in the 70s.

Yes it was a nightmare but we just got on with it.

And drank our Bovril.
Formerly known as GuildfordBlue…
11:41, Thu 15 Feb
yeah not sure if it's a UK regulation thing, Everton were talking about floating parking on the docks, which sounds even more complicated, so there must be a reason it's not done over here. Hopefully we'll be so well connected by the time it's built parking demand will be minimal.
Gazball?
11:42, Thu 15 Feb
It wasn’t really a nightmare, not often. Worst I can remember is outside Kop gates for Watford QF when the police decided to cause chaos with their fecking horses. Plenty of pubs for refreshment breaks on the walk from town, or plenty of buses. No roads blocked off. Loads of buses outside after, all queued up.

Biggest nightmare was the bastard pubs didn’t open until half fecking five.
12:07, Thu 15 Feb
Good article Dan.

I think all of the things you mentioned will be under serious threat on Saturday and no doubt SHA will be full of issues that hopefully the club can use to make things better.

Parking will be the first issue that most people experience before heading to the pub, for us that is the Roost and lets be honest Its going to be rammed at all 4 bars inside and out.

As mentioned earlier I also remember a large Q of buses waiting after the game to ferry people away. Would be good to know why that that stopped or why it could not be re-introduced.

We normally dont leave the pub until about 245 -250 and that is usually no issue but Saturday I can see the Tilton/Kop entrance being back to the road. I Dont think the gates open until 130 so maybe going forward they could open earlier and have better beer pricing and selection to lure a few more in early.

After the game I would encourage everyone to fill out the online survey they send so they can get as much feedback as possible because at least now we know it does not fall on deaf ears.

KRO
Turn left when you get on a plane.