13:00, Thu 15 Feb
Dugarry21
Bluesince62
Some of us would love an ST but can't due to work, family commitments meaning an ST just isn't an option.
People like to feel superior though, instead of just enjoying what they have for what it is.

Those same people who cry about STH having a 'superiority feel' will also cry about Blues not buying a striker on this forum...

Or you could of course just totally ignore the point I'm making. Never mind.
Up the feckin Blues
13:01, Thu 15 Feb
Bluesince62
Some of us would love an ST but can't due to work, family commitments meaning an ST just isn't an option.
People like to feel superior though, instead of just enjoying what they have for what it is.

And that's absolutely fine I understand that, for some it's simply not an option and that's fine.

But for many, it absolutely is an option and they don't take it. I personally know several people who are all "I'm going to get a ST" and don't bother.

And for me it's not about feeling superior, I want more people to have STs because it makes the experience better and I think it gives us a better chance of success. It's frustrating to see fans who claim to be fans and don't bother coming down when it's about as exciting as it's been for as long as I can remember. Those who have legitimate reasons, whether it be money or other commitments, that's fine. But for those who said "I'm staying away until the Chinese are gone", "I'm staying away until the ground is fixed", "I'm staying away until Rooney's gone", "I'm staying away until we're pushing play-offs, don't want to watch us finish 17th every year" - that is incredibly frustrating, and fans who DO pay their hard earned money to go down and support whether it be through ST or game by game when they can make it or afford it are the ones I have much more respect for.

That being said, anyone who decides to come on board or come back on board is incredibly welcome. I can't blame anyone for not wanting to come over the last 10 years. But it'd be absolutely fantastic if we got 20k STH next year, there's no reason we shouldn't try to push those on the fence to fork out and see how they find it. I'm willing to bet it's a lot better than it was when they last had a season ticket.
13:03, Thu 15 Feb
KES
Hopefully we do a deal to pack the ground vs Norwich, and the weather and team play their part so everyone goes away with the feel good factor ahead of the Summer.

I think momentum heading to the end of the season will do as much, if not more, to shift season tickets than anything else.
13:07, Thu 15 Feb
mjd2505
Bluesince62

And that's absolutely fine I understand that, for some it's simply not an option and that's fine.

But for many, it absolutely is an option and they don't take it. I personally know several people who are all "I'm going to get a ST" and don't bother.

And for me it's not about feeling superior, I want more people to have STs because it makes the experience better and I think it gives us a better chance of success. It's frustrating to see fans who claim to be fans and don't bother coming down when it's about as exciting as it's been for as long as I can remember. Those who have legitimate reasons, whether it be money or other commitments, that's fine. But for those who said "I'm staying away until the Chinese are gone", "I'm staying away until the ground is fixed", "I'm staying away until Rooney's gone", "I'm staying away until we're pushing play-offs, don't want to watch us finish 17th every year" - that is incredibly frustrating, and fans who DO pay their hard earned money to go down and support whether it be through ST or game by game when they can make it or afford it are the ones I have much more respect for.

That being said, anyone who decides to come on board or come back on board is incredibly welcome. I can't blame anyone for not wanting to come over the last 10 years. But it'd be absolutely fantastic if we got 20k STH next year, there's no reason we shouldn't try to push those on the fence to fork out and see how they find it. I'm willing to bet it's a lot better than it was when they last had a season ticket.

Good post mate and I understand why some will look down on fans who don't have an ST. The waiverers will be more regular when there is more success - that's just how people are everywhere. People will always make excuses when times aren't so good either, everyone has a choice. In an ideal world every ST holder should be welcoming back those who've fallen away - not moaning because there won't be enough parking or the queue for the bar will be longer 😄. If we were 4th in the prem I still wouldn't be able to get an ST due to shifts etc and I'm not alone. I'm just glad we are on the up again.
Up the feckin Blues
13:20, Thu 15 Feb
Bluesince62
Good post mate and I understand why some will look down on fans who don't have an ST. The waiverers will be more regular when there is more success - that's just how people are everywhere. People will always make excuses when times aren't so good either, everyone has a choice. In an ideal world every ST holder should be welcoming back those who've fallen away - not moaning because there won't be enough parking or the queue for the bar will be longer 😄. If we were 4th in the prem I still wouldn't be able to get an ST due to shifts etc and I'm not alone. I'm just glad we are on the up again.

Cheers mate. Of course, you're always going to have fans like that, but I think as a club we have the potential to get more regular STH down than what we have. 20k is a big target but even if we fell short and got 18-19k, that's good and must be an improvement on what it's been before.

I'd like to think those moaning about the queue for the bar are doing so tongue in cheek, but then again, there are some right miserable feckers knocking about. I can't wait for Saturday, I'm bringing the mrs for her first game. Wouldn't have done so if it wasn't for the deliberate effort to get it sold out, but it's an experience like this that I want to be her first.

Everybody loves Wagner, he's very charismatic and inspiring, I think if he did something to try and get more STH's in then it'd work to an extent. We've struck gold with these, it's not just their professionalism and ambition, it's their passion for it already. Wagner loves it, it's clear to see, and even Brady who's scarcely involved nailed his promo when he was announced with the lines about loving being an underdog and saying keep right on etc. We'd love them even if they didn't have the ambition we know they have for us.

Exciting times ahead, it's all about getting as many people on board to share it with as we can!
13:24, Thu 15 Feb
Bluesince62

Those same people who cry about STH having a 'superiority feel' will also cry about Blues not buying a striker on this forum...

Who cries about season ticket holders having a superiority complex? I've never seen that.
14:01, Thu 15 Feb
Mr BS
number8
Calling people "fair weathers" is bullshit.

Nah it’s not. It was raining Tuesday so I thought, feck it
😂
Tony Fantastico
Bluesince62
On the flip side those who go to every game home and away have to sacrifice family time and and make that up at other times, sacrifice half days holiday here and there as well as the financial aspect. Plus there’s 5am alarms and not getting to bed until 2am the next morning for 3 hours kip and another 5am alarm. Me and the lad are doing every league this season for the first time and it’s a huge commitment but with him growing up and me being dead once we might not do it again. Those that do it every year are special imo. Fair effs to every one of them
Tony Fantastico
KES
14:15, Thu 15 Feb
People have work commitments, family commitments, financial commitments, committed to moaning about where the ground is and transport to ground commitments, until Tom Wagner said 'People, please come along and sell the ground out' and those commitments seemed to fall by the way side.

Thats why Tom asking them to commit to a season ticket might work.
14:32, Thu 15 Feb
KES
KES
People have work commitments, family commitments, financial commitments, committed to moaning about where the ground is and transport to ground commitments, until Tom Wagner said 'People, please come along and sell the ground out' and those commitments seemed to fall by the way side.

Thats why Tom asking them to commit to a season ticket might work.

Getting in as a one off is a different thing to buying a ST entirely. But we absolutely should be trying to sell more STs, and we should have more days like this, 3-4 a season would be great. Shouldn't have too much financial impact, yet will encourage people to come down and hopefully provide some positive experiences
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluesince62
On the flip side those who go to every game home and away have to sacrifice family time and and make that up at other times, sacrifice half days holiday here and there as well as the financial aspect. Plus there’s 5am alarms and not getting to bed until 2am the next morning for 3 hours kip and another 5am alarm. Me and the lad are doing every league this season for the first time and it’s a huge commitment but with him growing up and me being dead once we might not do it again. Those that do it every year are special imo. Fair effs to every one of them

I've got nothing but respect for out STers, look forward to re-joining the ranks again when I can - it was more aimed at the very few who seem a bit snarky about those who have fallen off. Of course, you are doing it because you want to and you love it though, so don't give it the old soldier! 😀
Up the feckin Blues
Most love watching Blues but seriously it takes some effort with my ticker and money on my salary. If it was that good we’d take a lot more than just over a thousand to places like Blackburn, Cardiff and probably Hull on a midweek night in winter. It really is an effort after a full day at work.
Tony Fantastico
15:18, Thu 15 Feb
mjd2505
Bluesince62

Cheers mate. Of course, you're always going to have fans like that, but I think as a club we have the potential to get more regular STH down than what we have. 20k is a big target but even if we fell short and got 18-19k, that's good and must be an improvement on what it's been before.

I'd like to think those moaning about the queue for the bar are doing so tongue in cheek, but then again, there are some right miserable feckers knocking about. I can't wait for Saturday, I'm bringing the mrs for her first game. Wouldn't have done so if it wasn't for the deliberate effort to get it sold out, but it's an experience like this that I want to be her first.

Everybody loves Wagner, he's very charismatic and inspiring, I think if he did something to try and get more STH's in then it'd work to an extent. We've struck gold with these, it's not just their professionalism and ambition, it's their passion for it already. Wagner loves it, it's clear to see, and even Brady who's scarcely involved nailed his promo when he was announced with the lines about loving being an underdog and saying keep right on etc. We'd love them even if they didn't have the ambition we know they have for us.

Exciting times ahead, it's all about getting as many people on board to share it with as we can!

Yep this. Bringing my grown up lad, who is also a shift worker. He's been bought up Blues, we had ST's in the family stand me and his brother and sister before I got into shift work.
As we improve so will ST sales, it's an organic thing. Even though I'm on nights Friday and not home till 6.30 in the morning it feels the perfect game to get back into it again, soon as I finish working me and the Mrs will get ST's again, soon as I get grandkids they'll be dragged down here.

We'll be ok, we're in good hands now and the fans will come back, and new ones come on board - I'm excited about our future - we don't need any negativity anywhere in the ground. Great times ahead.
Up the feckin Blues
Rab C Nesbitt
Most love watching Blues but seriously it takes some effort with my ticker and money on my salary. If it was that good we’d take a lot more than just over a thousand to places like Blackburn, Cardiff and probably Hull on a midweek night in winter. It really is an effort after a full day at work.

Can't argue with that, especially the shit we've had for over a decade. I've got 3.5 years till I retire, if I'm still kicking about then you won't be able to get rid of me 😀
Up the feckin Blues
Catch you for a beer Saturday?
Tony Fantastico