NouCamp
Was waiting all game for him to book someone for a shirt pull after he decided not to innthe first few minutes on JJ

Ended up being Bilek

They just make it harder by setting themselves up to fail, either book both or neither

They were both bookings

Did he book Ruddy for time wasting?

And Drameh for saying something?

I wasn't there yest so didn't see any of the shirt pulls but FWIW a shirt pull isn't an automatic yellow. It's only yellow if it's stopping a promising attack (or 'reckless' - which is fairly difficult with a shirt pull!)
STH on and off since 86. FML.
09:35, Sun 5 Nov
Spike
Their number 20 should have been gone after about 20 minutes.

The decision not to book him in the first minute is unjustifiable.
I know it was really early but if you don't book for a challenge like that at any time you are going to end up looking a prick ,which he did.

The 20 then cynically brought down Miyoshi from behind and with a competent referee that should be him in the bath.

Then there was the dive.
Thank you. I knew there was one I’d missed. The dive in the penalty area. He knew he’d dived as well. So did the ref or he’d have given a pen.
Does make Buchanan’s red at Watford look ridiculous doesn’t it?
Tony Fantastico
The one in the first minute was as stone wall yellow as you’ll see. The same player then did Myoshi after about 30 mins and still didn’t get booked. Ridiculously inconsistent refereeing
They were never NOT shirt-pulling. It was farcical.
bluearmyfaction
They were never NOT shirt-pulling. It was farcical.

I dare say that's true - I'm just telling you what the rules are. Teams can pull shirts and get away with it. Unless it's SPA or one player does it persistently refs can do eff all.

I don't like it any more than you do but that's the game.

Maybe we need to get a bit cuter ourselves about using these dark-arts to our advantage
I thought you said refs were told not to stick to laws?
And of course refs can do something. The narrative they can’t is a bit silly.
A shirt pull is consistently given as a yellow. As Buchanan found out at Watford and Bielik did yesterday. You can’t get cute and get punished when the opposition aren’t
Tony Fantastico
10:18, Sun 5 Nov
It’s very rare that you get decent officials in this league.🤷‍♂️
The female ref that we had a couple of games ago was one of the better ones this season so far.

BTW happy birthday Rab.
Rab C Nesbitt
I thought you said refs were told not to stick to laws?
A shirt pull is consistently given as a yellow. As Buchanan found out at Watford and Bielik did yesterday. You can’t get cute and get punished when the opposition aren’t

No Rab that not correct - I very specifically said refs are given guidance about how to handle dissent which means they take a "stepped approach" rather than going straight for cards as per the laws.

Shirt pulls are only yellows if they are stopping a promising attack or the player involved has been persistently fouling.

I'm pointing it out because there seem to be one or 2 on here who think a shirt pull is an automatic yellow and therefore the ref has let us down, but that's simply not the case.
Except that it is usually the case because that’s the choice refs have made.
They choose to ignore laws when it suits as I’ve explained in the last couple of days.
Tony Fantastico
10:22, Sun 5 Nov
👍
Tony Fantastico
Rab C Nesbitt
They choose to ignore laws when it suits as I’ve explained in the last couple of days.

"Refs usually give yellows for shirt pulls" is:

a. Highly debateable (ask Juke) and
b. Easily explainable if most shirt-pulls are SPA or persistent fouls

As I've said if the shirt pulls yest weren't SPA and weren't a player persistently fouling then the refs got them right which is what we all want.
I disagree
Tony Fantastico
They were persistently shirt-pulling. It was the only way Hutchinson and Burgess could mark.
the Kevin Langley fan club
Rab C Nesbitt

"Refs usually give yellows for shirt pulls" is:

a. Highly debateable (ask Juke) and
b. Easily explainable if most shirt-pulls are SPA or persistent fouls

As I've said if the shirt pulls yest weren't SPA and weren't a player persistently fouling then the refs got them right which is what we all want.

The issue is you didn't actually see the shirt pulls yesterday. One of them on Miyoshi was like he'd heard they were running out of shirts in the club shop and he desperately wanted one.
11:06, Sun 5 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Aiwu for time wasting and Drameh for waving an imaginary yellow. Drameh did that because the ref didn’t book their player. You can’t do that but their player should’ve been booked. Their wide right player made 4 fouls atleast. Him being booked early would have changed the game

He even told that player after his second foul that he knew it was his second one. So you would think he'd finally give him a yellow for the third.

The first foul should have been a yellow anyway. I thought after that he's going to let the game go a bit but no he decided to be inconsistent.