10:55, Tue 28 Nov
jefflynneshair
Does anyone know if Neil Moxley was there? Looked to me like Cook offered a slight dig at the media in the little bit that I saw.

He wasn’t. I saw him on Thursday and he said he wasn’t going. For the best imo.
10:56, Tue 28 Nov
Thanks for that Dan. It's good to get an overview of the evening not having been there myself.
I understand BluesTV broadcast it live last night and wondered if it is available to view anywhere does anyone know?
I very much fall into the category of giving the new owners time to implement their plans before jumping to any conclusions but the initial impression is very positive. I get that the football has not been the best since Wayne Rooney has come on board but I for one did not think it was that great under John Eustace. Norwich away anyone? How we beat Plymouth and WBA is still a mystery to me given they were both much better than us but even we have some luck sometimes. I think there are signs of how Rooney wants us to play and we are going to have to be patient whilst he gets his ideas across and that may take some time. I get that some supporters are frustrated but don't see the point in the boing and moaning at him when things don't work out. Rooney may not have been the choice of many but he is the choice of the owners and the least we can do as supporters is respect their decision and give him a fair chance. Rooney has been tasked with laying the foundations of a progressive, possession based style of play that will be the basis for our playing style for years to come not to replace a failing former manager. I don't think the owners do things on a whim and will have seen potential in Rooney to get us where they want to go or they would not have appointed him. The aim is to get us able to compete with the best not the average. The behavior of some sections of our support against Hull was disappointing and of a few, embarrassing. Rooney has a plan and I have not the slightest doubt that if he does not perform then he will be replaced by the new owners. They are not stupid, they watch the games as we do and won't need verbal abuse from the fan base to tell them if change is necessary. I think Rooney will prove a much better manager than many think but it could be a couple of seasons to see his football style fully take hold and if that is the case then so be it as long we don't end up in a relegation fight which for the record, I don't think we will. KRO.
10:57, Tue 28 Nov
El Mayor
jefflynneshair
Does anyone know if Neil Moxley was there? Looked to me like Cook offered a slight dig at the media in the little bit that I saw.

Haha, brill. Hope he stays away for good.
10:57, Tue 28 Nov
El Mayor
jefflynneshair

was there any media/press there at all?

looks like Cook was doing interviews with them beforehand instead.
11:00, Tue 28 Nov
Were you allowed to ask Rooney questions? If so, you shoulda told him.
H

Consistently correct.
11:03, Tue 28 Nov
HackneyBlue
El Mayor
jefflynneshair

was there any media/press there at all?

looks like Cook was doing interviews with them beforehand instead.

No, I don’t believe so.
11:03, Tue 28 Nov
Nikola Zigic
Were you allowed to ask Rooney questions? If so, you shoulda told him.

No, sadly not, we were told before we went in that we were well over schedule and there were to be no questions. I'm unsure if the first few groups to see him got more of a chance.
Happy Clapper
11:04, Tue 28 Nov
I thought WR looked handsome without the hat and beard. Have you ever considered smartening up Mayor?
11:13, Tue 28 Nov
Thongs
I thought WR looked handsome without the hat and beard. Have you ever considered smartening up Mayor?

Nope, never.

I actually asked WR where the beard had gone and he admitted he’d had an accident when using an electric razor. He said the beard would be back soon enough.
11:16, Tue 28 Nov
Would you do it for charity? Maybe for the charity Blues are supporting? What would be the price for a clean shaven Mayor?
11:20, Tue 28 Nov
Thongs
Would you do it for charity? Maybe for the charity Blues are supporting? What would be the price for a clean shaven Mayor?

No, I wouldn’t, I’m sorry.

I have no price I’m afraid. Learn to love the beard Thongsy, it’s going nowhere.
11:22, Tue 28 Nov
That’s a shame.

A clean shave, a good skin routine and those eyes would pop. It would put fatty Watson in the shade.
11:25, Tue 28 Nov
Thongs

🤣🤣

Careful, he's already a hit with some of ours fans as he is 😉
11:34, Tue 28 Nov
You mention that you didn’t expect ‘massive granular detail’, but I do think football is like no other business in the way fans in particular and the media overall crawl over every word, event, gesture, purchase or sale etc - it’s what makes sport and specifically football a bit different. PR exercise as undoubtedly it was, what other business would be so concerned to talk even in this level of detail to representatives (not shareholders) of its customer, or more precisely supporter, base?

Even then I don’t think most clubs would think to do this (or perhaps think to need to do this). The fact they were able to do it in a coherent and professional way is indicative of massive improvement in the fortunes of the club.
11:42, Tue 28 Nov
Thongs
That’s a shame.

A clean shave, a good skin routine and those eyes would pop. It would put fatty Watson in the shade.

I’d settle for eyes that worked right now mate.