22:41, Tue 26 Dec
If Rooney had won 7 of his first 10 like McKenna it might be a valid comparison
22:49, Tue 26 Dec
We are f*cked

We've took the piss out of Villa fans for years. We are very possibly worse.

We can do lolz about bed sheets and that though.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:52, Tue 26 Dec
Your point about McKenna completely ignored where they were when he took over.

If anything it shows what a good manager coming in to take over a struggling team can do.

No idea wtf you are on about now.
22:58, Tue 26 Dec
I get you but it also shows a bit about giving people a chance surely. It's not even been half a season.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
23:00, Tue 26 Dec
yea they are better than most hence being second, the reason for that is likely the coach

Thank you. They are better than most. Not just us, so to use their current success as a stick to beat Rooney with is pretty effing puerile
23:02, Tue 26 Dec
Said before that nobody in that squad wows you, they have ability sure, but how many prem teams would be banging down Ipswich’s door for any of them players?
Fair play to them for somehow keeping their momentum going, McKenna will go onto bigger and better things than Ipswich Town imo, but to the original point they are a million miles ahead of us!
To just judge the game we played against them would be naive, look at the body of work over the season so far, it’s night and day to where we’re at right now.
23:03, Tue 26 Dec
Think it's best we leave it until we're in the bottom 3 and then give him a few more months just to be sure.....
23:03, Tue 26 Dec
I’m always on board with giving people time but it’s very hard watching performances like that, particularly with a manager who hasn’t shown much previously.

Rooney was effed over being hired when he was with someone else’s squad, should have been done in the summer with a pre season and an influence in transfers, the issue is we look like relegation candidates atm and with little transfer wiggle room we need a manager who can get the most out of what he has, really struggling to see that with Rooney.

A good manager will create a team that is greater than the sum of its parts, everyone turning on either the players or the manager suggests he’s not that, or certainly not able to do that mid season.
21:01, Wed 27 Dec
Think it's best we leave it until we're in the bottom 3 and then give him a few more months just to be sure.....

Actually made me laugh out load :-)

Much as I quite like the WR as a person I'm starting to believe he couldn't manage to open a crisp packet with out jumping on it.
21:51, Wed 27 Dec
Charcy
Green Seamer
Tha Project OBE
Think you'll find they are being coached but someone who knows the game at this level really well and is a student of coaching, revered by his colleagues with a massterplan of coaching at most every situation. We dont seem to have that pedigree.

Thanks for the reply, you didn’t quite answer the question though. So I remain intrigued

''Better than some that have squads worth far more than ours?'' - if you mean this question then the simple answer is they have a coaching stucture/leader and student of the game who knows his players maxims and plays to their strengths in the week and on match day. Not sure we have that at the moment and many others too and thats why he outwits so many oppositions 'in game' when others sit on their hands - QED the quadruple subsitution against us which flumoxed our lot.

Does that answer your question or at least go some way towards it ? Hopefully anyway.

Took over in December 2021 and steered them to an 11th place finish. Reckon this guy may be a good candidate for giving someone more than three months and zero transfer windows?

This would be fine if we didn't look as horrendous as we do. We look completely clueless
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
23:23, Wed 27 Dec
The previous three performances were not bad at all.

Last night wasn’t as awful as some are making out. Poor yes but we generally put in 3 or 4 shockers a year at home. It was nowhere near a bad as Hull.
00:48, Thu 28 Dec
Miamivice

Scary thing is we have fans that are thinking exactly that.
07:09, Thu 28 Dec
CastleBlue
Miamivice

Scary thing is we have fans that are thinking exactly that.

Name them.

Or are you just making shit up?
07:22, Thu 28 Dec
Mister Mutley
The previous three performances were not bad at all.

Last night wasn’t as awful as some are making out. Poor yes but we generally put in 3 or 4 shockers a year at home. It was nowhere near a bad as Hull.

8 out of the 13 games have been shockers
Happy Clapper
08:00, Thu 28 Dec
Charcy
I get you but it also shows a bit about giving people a chance surely. It's not even been half a season.

At what point do you draw your line in the sand? Are you saying that for you, regardless of any performance metrics, you think Rooney should be given another ten games to take him to half a season?