09:40, Thu 28 Dec
Trent won everything he could with Liverpool by the age of 21 I think
09:43, Thu 28 Dec
Brad1875
Trent won everything he could with Liverpool by the age of 21 I think

Yep but not multiple times though, is my point. The trophy haul I posted is up there with the great Manchester United players over their whole careers, and he’s 23.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Scoot Mcgoot
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Scoot Mcgoot
He’s a great player but his career seems to be ticking along without truly igniting.

5 premier league medals
1 champions league
1 club World Cup
1 UEFA super cup
2 FA cups
4 league cups

World Cup QF
European Championship Final

23 years old. Where did it all go wrong?
Yeh I get all that.

But he’s not the first name on an England or Man City team sheet is he.
His undoubted talent hasn’t really been fulfilled to the point whereby he’s a global star yet.

I guess it depends how you measure a career. He’s won the full set of club trophies at 23. Jude has all the notoriety and individual fame a player could hope for but has only won a German cup (admittedly 3 yrs younger).

Has a player in football history had a better trophy record than Foden aged 23?
Your measuring him on the basis of trophies his team have won and being honest Man City would have still won all those trophies with me in the squad.
I think his consistency is why he’s not really announced himself on the world stage.
09:49, Thu 28 Dec
England could be down to the manager, but have you seen that City team? About 6 players could be first name on the sheet, but its still Rodri
HackneyBlue
England could be down to the manager, but have you seen that City team? About 6 players could be first name on the sheet, but its still Rodri

Correct.
10:09, Thu 28 Dec
It doesn’t matter about ‘first names’ - it’s the names of players who have to be in the team because of their talent. In the England side at the moment the ‘must play’ players for me are Stones, Rice, Bellingham, Foden (and I think he should be more central), Saka and Kane.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
HackneyBlue

Correct.
And tbf he has been nailed on starting this season. He’s only really been kept out because of KDB which is understandable. How he’s not played more for England is cretinous
Tony Fantastico
10:27, Thu 28 Dec
i have wondered whether Foden would have been better off elsewhere playing every week or being rotated for Pep.

guess Palmer might help answer that question soon
11:07, Thu 28 Dec
There's a montage of his touches here -

[twitter.com]

His movement and the way that he takes the ball on the half-turn and then runs at speed with it is incredible. At 1m 20s in that video he's even showing defenders how to play silky football under pressure in your own box. In the last two clips, he dribbles half the length of the pitch in the blink of an eye. With him playing like that, it doesn't matter where the ball is on the pitch, within a few moments and touches he can create a goal-scoring opportunity for the team.
11:42, Thu 28 Dec
newblue
It doesn’t matter about ‘first names’ - it’s the names of players who have to be in the team because of their talent. In the England side at the moment the ‘must play’ players for me are Stones, Rice, Bellingham, Foden (and I think he should be more central), Saka and Kane.

I think he's better centrally - but I'm not sure that you can play him centrally & give Jude the licence he needs to play wherever he likes.
13:31, Thu 28 Dec
Alvarez?

Premier league, Fa Cup, Champions league, Super Cup, Copa América, World Cup

plus Copa Libertadores, argetina prem league, Copa Argentina, superCopa Argentina,
13:43, Thu 28 Dec
majson
Alvarez?

Premier league, Fa Cup, Champions league, Super Cup, Copa América, World Cup

plus Copa Libertadores, argetina prem league, Copa Argentina, superCopa Argentina,

😳

Amazing.
14:34, Thu 28 Dec
Because he hasn’t performed consistently for England, whereas those he’s in contention with (Jude, Saka, Rashford) all have.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
14:38, Thu 28 Dec
That’s debatable
Tony Fantastico
14:52, Thu 28 Dec
The two wingers have both scored more goals than him and Jude is currently the best 10 in the world.

Not saying Foden shouldn’t play, the lad is bloody good but compared to what he’s capable of he needs to show more. Kane, Jude, Rice and Stones are the only ‘got to play for England’ players currently.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.