19:35, Sat 6 Jan
QBBC2
Been saying it for weeks, Rooney was killing him playing him up top on his own. Using him as a target man with his back to goal asking him to hold the ball up for 60 minutes. You have to play to your best players strengths, much more effective off the wing IMO. Heard he was off if Rooney was still here, hopefully he stays put now 🤞

As opposed to the majority saying he had to play up top as he’s the best striker at the club?

You backing Juke/Hogan to score the goals then?

What’s that got to do with anything?
19:45, Sat 6 Jan
The majority said Stansfield has to play up front because those two can’t score.

Unless I’m confusing your post and that’s what you’re saying, then apologies if so.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:49, Sat 6 Jan
BriHughesy
generalBlue
Absolutely astonishing.
He has to be one of the fittest players in the championship.
Perpetual motion, unrelenting workrate and tireless effort.
We are so lucky to have him on loan and just hope he stays with us for the whole season.
Others on here will know where to find the relevant stats for his contribution today.
Outstanding !
Thanks Jay.
Mowbray's gonna love you if you stay til May.

over the top
Hogan runs as much in a game as Stansfield
the kid is a promising player nothing more nothing less. why do we always fap ourselves over loan players?

Hahahahahahahaha
BlueSteve
Some loan players have been recalled already so we might be able to keep him now. WR said the window to recall was short. The problem I have is Stansfield's and Miyoshi's best position is 10 so who plays there?

At the moment, the best combo is Stansfield 9 Miyoshi 10

Incomings might change that
19:57, Sat 6 Jan
The majority said Stansfield has to play up front because those two can’t score.

Unless I’m confusing your post and that’s what you’re saying, then apologies if so.

So who was right - those who said Rooney was shit for playing Stansfield up top or those who said Rooney was shit for not playing him up top?
20:00, Sat 6 Jan
Both options are crap because of the one constant in both scenarios
20:16, Sat 6 Jan
That constant being lack of service to the striker, but that wasn’t the question.
20:32, Sat 6 Jan
The last game Hogan started at striker was the 2-0 defeat to Norwich, Stansfield starts up front the next two games and we score 7 goals in them, then Rooney takes over and it all goes to shit.

As it stands Stansfield is our best striker, and we’ve had our best games with him as striker.

The constant was the bloke managing in those scenarios btw.
I agree that this, (Myoshi 10, Stansfield 9) is the best combination, in a 4,2,3,1 with the 2 being any 2 of Bielik, Sunjic, James.
Not that that there’s much point in going over all this now - we need to look forwards but, for reference, these were the personnel/formation chosen for all of Preston - a defeat, but, in my opinion, the seasons best performance - and Hudds and WBA, and not once, despite all his tinkering, by WCW
21:34, Sat 6 Jan
Yep.

If we are playing 1 up front then Stansfield is our best striker.

Now if we play a 2, then Stansfield best position is off the main striker but 2 up front is rare these days.

I'd like to see how he fits in a 3 up front but probs a bit too attack-minded and something we won't see this season.
21:36, Sat 6 Jan
In the system Rooney set up with, Stansfield was getting isolated/no service. His hold up play isnt great, not his game. Thats why I said ‘killing him playing him up top on his own’ Would be better with a partner, but I suppose those options to do that with arent great.
22:10, Sat 6 Jan
My god,
Football manager has a lot to answer for!
22:12, Sat 6 Jan
Webby90
Been saying it for weeks, Rooney was killing him playing him up top on his own. Using him as a target man with his back to goal asking him to hold the ball up for 60 minutes. You have to play to your best players strengths, much more effective off the wing IMO. Heard he was off if Rooney was still here, hopefully he stays put now 🤞

Loads on here were calling for him to be in that role in the Eustace days.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:15, Sat 6 Jan
You lose a lot of his game playing him up top.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:33, Sat 6 Jan
Charcy
You lose a lot of his game playing him up top.
Not really - depends whether or not your manager has an idea as to how to set up the rest of your team behind him.
We’ve seen examples of both