13:08, Thu 11 Jan
Bagel
La Fine Della Strada
Bagel
Rags
Miyoshi in the 10 role behind Stansfield is all I ask for tomorrow

For me, in this league and the physicality of this league, the no 10 role behind a striker/strikers is the ONLY place he will be effective - and i do love him there

there's plenty of diminutive players like miyoshi who play wide in this league

hell, dembele isn't much bigger

miyoshi can play wide as long as he's allowed to drift in and let drameh overlap imo, similar to what we were doing at the start of the season with laird and bacuna

Dembele and Miyoshi are similar in stature but completely different football players, Dembele is an explosive out and out winger, whereas Miyoshi is more of a technician. He's not had any joy that I can remember when playing wide, his best position is 10.

I don't necessarily disagree that his best position is number 10, but I don't think when we've set up with him out wide we've used him properly

You can play out 'wide' and still essentially play like a number 10 (and in fact we've used Bacuna and James in similar roles)

Think if Laird was fit you could play Miyoshi off the right and he'd be very good, personally, as he could move inside and have options either side of him when he collected on the half turn

But playing Bacuna and James there was to partly to provide more solidity and cover for Laird - putting Miyoshi in that role isn't like for like (because clearly he is a different player physically from James and Bacuna).

I'm sure the team could be set up in a way that would allow Miyoshi to line up outwide but it would involve a lot of compromises because it would expose his weakness. Which feels a bit pointless when we can play him at 10 without that problem.
13:11, Thu 11 Jan
Snoop
Bagel
La Fine Della Strada
Bagel
Rags

For me, in this league and the physicality of this league, the no 10 role behind a striker/strikers is the ONLY place he will be effective - and i do love him there

miyoshi can play wide as long as he's allowed to drift in and let drameh overlap imo, similar to what we were doing at the start of the season with laird and bacuna

Dembele and Miyoshi are similar in stature but completely different football players, Dembele is an explosive out and out winger, whereas Miyoshi is more of a technician. He's not had any joy that I can remember when playing wide, his best position is 10.

I don't necessarily disagree that his best position is number 10, but I don't think when we've set up with him out wide we've used him properly

You can play out 'wide' and still essentially play like a number 10 (and in fact we've used Bacuna and James in similar roles)

Think if Laird was fit you could play Miyoshi off the right and he'd be very good, personally, as he could move inside and have options either side of him when he collected on the half turn

But playing Bacuna and James there was to partly to provide more solidity and cover for Laird - putting Miyoshi in that role isn't like for like (because clearly he is a different player physically from James and Bacuna).

I'm sure the team could be set up in a way that would allow Miyoshi to line up outwide but it would involve a lot of compromises because it would expose his weakness. Which feels a bit pointless when we can play him at 10 without that problem.

one might argue that playing Miyoshi at 10 still involves compromises, such as playing two holding midfielders, which is what JE thought necessary to do it

not that that is an issue either - imo he's worth it either way
13:28, Thu 11 Jan
Bagel
Snoop
Bagel
La Fine Della Strada
Bagel
Rags

one might argue that playing Miyoshi at 10 still involves compromises, such as playing two holding midfielders, which is what JE thought necessary to do it

not that that is an issue either - imo he's worth it either way

I think JE would have played Sunjic/Bielik in most games regardless of who was playing 10, not just Miyoshi.
13:39, Thu 11 Jan
From listening to Mowbray's interview he suggested he likes players getting forward but leaving enough cover so we don't get killed on the transition (something Rooney seemed incapable of grasping).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sunjic and James in front of the back 4. I think Sunjic provides better cover on the transition to Bielik as he's quicker and covers the ground better. James getting forward is clearly superior to both of them and I think Mowbray will want one of those 2 to be joining in attacks and hitting the box.

I would guess:-

Ruddy

Drameh - Sanderson - Long - Buchanan

Sunjic - James

Miyoshi - Bacuna - Dembele

Stansfield (who will have license to drop off)
14:09, Thu 11 Jan
Le Mod
4231 is my prediction

Ruddy

Drameh
Sanderson
Long
Buchanan

James
Bielik

Bacuna
Miyoshi
Dembele

Stansfield

Would be very happy if this was the team. Especially given they will be properly coached and given instructions, that front 4 will be fun to watch.
14:31, Thu 11 Jan
Yes - lots going with slight variations of this.
I think arguments can be made for any 2 of Bielik/Sunjic/James in the 2.
Also think it’s vital that Miyoshi and Stansfield are 10 and 9.
Love him to bits, like almost everyone, but would be very disappointed to see Juke start.
14:33, Thu 11 Jan
Bluubalders
Yes - lots going with slight variations of this.
I think arguments can be made for any 2 of Bielik/Sunjic/James in the 2.
Also think it’s vital that Miyoshi and Stansfield are 10 and 9.
Love him to bits, like almost everyone, but would be very disappointed to see Juke start.

To be honest I would also be very disappointed but saying that I trust our manager now a lot more than previously, so if he starts Juke I assume it is for good reason and not just trying to get anything to work like Rooney resorted to.
14:36, Thu 11 Jan
Fat goalie

DEF Drameh, long hair guy, Long, Longelo
MID Sunjic Bielik
MID Burke Stansfield Miyoshi
ATT Juke
14:37, Thu 11 Jan
Iain_Gavin
bluechip
ladies and gentlemen we will be playing four four fcking two

Let’s hope he starts with JE’s 4-2-3-1 and slowly evolves from there
Personally I hope he starts with his own preferred formation and evolves from there. Eff Eustace and eff Rooney. They’ve gone
Tony Fantastico
14:38, Thu 11 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Iain_Gavin
bluechip
ladies and gentlemen we will be playing four four fcking two

Let’s hope he starts with JE’s 4-2-3-1 and slowly evolves from there
Personally I hope he starts with his own preferred formation and evolves from there. Eff Eustace and eff Rooney. They’ve gone

👍
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
14:53, Thu 11 Jan
BriHughesy
Fat goalie

DEF Drameh, long hair guy, Long, Longelo
MID Sunjic Bielik
MID Burke Stansfield Miyoshi
ATT Juke

I take it back. I would question that line up
15:43, Thu 11 Jan
How are we looking with injuries and that? Buchanan and drameh are back aren’t they, so our defence should be in theory better. Anderson and Roberts have come back as well, so is it only laird that is out injured atm?
16:19, Thu 11 Jan
Bluenose27
How are we looking with injuries and that? Buchanan and drameh are back aren’t they, so our defence should be in theory better. Anderson and Roberts have come back as well, so is it only laird that is out injured atm?

Hall too. Maybe roberts as he wasn’t involved in the cup so not sure what happened with him.
16:22, Thu 11 Jan
Cheers. I’d completely forgotten about hall tbh.
16:36, Thu 11 Jan
Bluenose27
Cheers. I’d completely forgotten about hall tbh.

and Chang... long term injury.

and Marc Roberts
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.