Tam
Very good
19:24, Sun 14 Jan
Come to Birmingham and you will see
A nice ferrari and an SUV
We don't shop in Primark it's full of scum
We rely on Daddy's income
Bordesley not Small Heath
Not middle class but one of the most stupid songs i have heard was yesterday. A group of swans got brave on cov rd before the game singing " you're just a sh*t town in Villa" as opposed to " you're just a sh*t town in Aston"
By the looks of them they weren't deliberately being funny

Bless their little brains

This is also incorrect: the chant is actually, “shit town NEAR…”, thus suggesting that your town/city js small and insignificant in comparison to *the other named place*
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
Not middle class but one of the most stupid songs i have heard was yesterday. A group of swans got brave on cov rd before the game singing " you're just a sh*t town in Villa" as opposed to " you're just a sh*t town in Aston"

This version would be correct if sung, for example, at fans of Lesotho or Eswatini:

Shit country (with)in South Africa
You’re just a shit country (with)in South Africa
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)

They did also seem to have quite a collection of anti- English songs. Would it not be an option for them to play in the League of Wales if they hate the English so much, or at the very least to sing their songs in Welsh?
21:17, Sun 14 Jan
Blues used to sing the name of one of our players (think it was a keeper) followed by Ra Ra Ra.
22:03, Sun 14 Jan
Can’t stand all this generic crap fans trott out
Used to be the divvy clubs but even our away support come out with some of it now

very little originality nowadays

KRO
22:17, Sun 14 Jan
Roger hansbury was it ?
22:37, Sun 14 Jan
JohnP
Blues used to sing the name of one of our players (think it was a keeper) followed by Ra Ra Ra.

We did. But Hansbury was so poor, didn’t seem to care that he was very limited and therefore deserved a daft anthem.
07:15, Mon 15 Jan
Wimbledon?
11:08, Mon 15 Jan
Reedy1968
Can’t stand all this generic crap fans trott out
Used to be the divvy clubs but even our away support come out with some of it now

very little originality nowadays

KRO

There were about twelve seats empty (that got filled) at Leeds in the stand adjacent at about 3.02. Few lads near me started singing with no hint of irony 'Empty Seats, M'Lord, empty seats'

To be fair they were told to shut up.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
Tam
13:42, Mon 15 Jan
'And you'll never work from home
You'll NEVER work from home...'
Make Blues Great Again
13:50, Mon 15 Jan
Pre loads of football on tv and the internet fans got a lot less exposure to other team' chants. So there were a few that didn't seem to spread.
There were also a lot of generic chants back in the 1980s.
14:04, Mon 15 Jan
"You'll Never Walk Alone" was everywhere back then too. I reckon it was telly coverage that put everyone bar Liverpool and Celtic OFF using it. To avoid sounding like a bandwagoner.
18:51, Mon 15 Jan
'You portly Gentleman
You portly Gentleman'
It's a new dawn, it's a new day