16:52, Thu 18 Jan
Bluenose27
I’d love to know what you make of that comment regarding longelo as the future of the club?

I think he might have made that comment ;)
16:52, Thu 18 Jan
would love to get Drameh done but can see why he might wanna make a decision end of season, consider his options, as good as he's been, he's still behind Laird when fit and could easily be first choice elsewhere
16:53, Thu 18 Jan
Oh dear...
16:54, Thu 18 Jan
Snoop
BriHughesy
id be quite happy if we keep JJ and don't bring in players for the sake of it. Mowbray is a good coach who will get better out of the current squad than Rooney ever would. sign Drameh perm if we can and send back Burke. give Dixon a chance if we have no strikers fit again. we need to concentrate on the summer. get through to the end of the season safe and then go big

Dixon needs a loan at a few steps down, to see if he can step up from his current level, plus we will need 2-3 forwards in the summer so if we can pick up one now that moves us along on the long term plan.

i get that but if we can't keep forwards fit now Jukey is down, is he going to be any worse that what we already have? Mowbray started 7 midfielders v Hull and no striker. even sam crosgrove got a look early this season
17:12, Thu 18 Jan
Le Mod
Nikola Zigic
Le Mod
Mozball
Longelo? Future of the club?

Not gonna say anything

Oh H..

Not me!

This is confusing, his original login name is H

Yeah it was my username till I realised there was a clearly well known H and it was confusing everyone.
17:18, Thu 18 Jan
First one in looks to be Dozzell. Don't know much on him but hey at least it's movement.
17:21, Thu 18 Jan
Thongs
I’d love to know what you make of that comment regarding longelo as the future of the club?

Positive news though, hopefully get drameh converted to permanent as he’s decent, maybe get another couple loans in to further bolster the squad and improve depth. Be good if we could get James on a new deal as well.

To be honest I find that comment unbelievable!
Maybe Tony sees something we don't....he has been in management for a long time....
17:30, Thu 18 Jan
Think if we are loaning him, then we need to convert drameh or aiwu just in case we need another loan spot. Ideally id send Burke back but that’s not happening.
17:34, Thu 18 Jan
There’s no way we spend €3m on Aiwu - I’d like to see Drameh made permanent, shown his worth as a very good squad player.
18:05, Thu 18 Jan
Bluenose27
Think if we are loaning him, then we need to convert drameh or aiwu just in case we need another loan spot. Ideally id send Burke back but that’s not happening.

We don't need to.
The limit is on how many can play, not how many you have - so we can just not pick Burke.
18:34, Thu 18 Jan
Would like to see Drameh sign up permanently, would open up another loan. Trying to think who may leave.
21:21, Thu 18 Jan
Snoop
BriHughesy
id be quite happy if we keep JJ and don't bring in players for the sake of it. Mowbray is a good coach who will get better out of the current squad than Rooney ever would. sign Drameh perm if we can and send back Burke. give Dixon a chance if we have no strikers fit again. we need to concentrate on the summer. get through to the end of the season safe and then go big

Dixon needs a loan at a few steps down, to see if he can step up from his current level, plus we will need 2-3 forwards in the summer so if we can pick up one now that moves us along on the long term plan.

Why does Dixon need a loan though? I know it would be a big step up from the U21s but I don't see why he can't be given a place on the bench and a few run outs to properly assess where he's at right now.
"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work together for the benefit of all".
J.M. Keynes.
21:42, Thu 18 Jan
Have you seen him play?
21:55, Thu 18 Jan
Mr Driscoll
Snoop
BriHughesy

Why does Dixon need a loan though? I know it would be a big step up from the U21s but I don't see why he can't be given a place on the bench and a few run outs to properly assess where he's at right now.

He needs a loan because it’s a big step up, physically and mentally.

I don’t think anyone can fault the effort he’s put in this season and by all accounts Dixon has matured since he was at Palace; he’s done everything asked of him in the goals column.

What Dixon needs is what a few of our 21s need; consistent games in a competitive situation where he’s against physical opposition who are fully grown. A step outside the comfort zone as it were to prove they can handle it.
22:20, Thu 18 Jan
I’ve spent a lot of time this year watching non league football, there are players there but they all need a year to become ‘professional’. For example Ollie Tanner went from Lewes to Cardiff, very little transfer fee and did nothing first season whilst he was hitting the gym and getting physically ready for the championship.

A decent player this season. I just think, in terms of the long term ambition of the club, to get the players that will grow and become sell on worthy, it’s not a quick fix. It’s scouting players that haven’t made it yet but have the potential once they get up to speed. It’s long termism and I think Mowbray is the sort of guy to get that.

This is where I’d like us to invest and recruit, it won’t help us this season but next season could do, we aren’t gonna sign big players now.