13:20, Thu 22 Feb
Former blues goalkeeper Joe Hart is set to retire from football at the end of the season.

[www.celticfc.com]
I know people say Ben Foster was better but those people are wrong. When Hart was with us he might well have been the best keeper in the world that season (Neuer apart, maybe).
13:33, Thu 22 Feb
Pamela Manderson should make a return. Give him another hug on his last game.

Linked Image
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
I know people say Ben Foster was better but those people are wrong. When Hart was with us he might well have been the best keeper in the world that season (Neuer apart, maybe).

He was the second half of that season. It took him a while to get going quite a few mistakes early on so you'd have to mark him down for that.

Second half of his season with us up to c.2016 he was one of the best in the world.

Overall and consistently, Foster probably edges it
13:36, Thu 22 Feb
he had a bit of a ropey start and he fluffed a simple shot away at burnley and there were calls for him to be dropped. but after that he was imperious and i think it was chelsea at home where he was a one man wall and he pulled off several world class saves. i remember the end of season lap of honour and everyone chanting "eff man city and stay at the blues" at him and eck was laughing.
he had a very good career but i was convinced he was going to be a real legend in the english game and be england's keeper for a decade. such a shame his off-field antics meant he never sustained the level he was capable of.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
13:37, Thu 22 Feb
Holdsworth_MaraSonner

He had a dodgy start and was due to be dropped for,i think,Liverpool away but,had to play due to injury to the other keeper. After that,he was superb.It was the best season i can remember from a Blues Goalie.
13:42, Thu 22 Feb
He got dropped vs Man City as it was his parent club - Maik Taylor did OK & there was a debate about who plays next - but when he came back next game he caught a ball after about 5 mins and grew in confidence, never looking back.

Maybe the short break allowed him to reset, but he was effing ace for months after.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
13:46, Thu 22 Feb
In this order:

1. Maik Taylor.
2. Ian Bennett
3. Ben Foster
4. Joe Hart
5. Richard Kingson
13:48, Thu 22 Feb
Holdsworth_MaraSonner

Absoloutely this.
Although both were great, Hart was was level above for us,
He was unbelievable at times for us that season.
13:49, Thu 22 Feb
Homer
Holdsworth_MaraSonner

He had a dodgy start and was due to be dropped for,i think,Liverpool away but,had to play due to injury to the other keeper. After that,he was superb.It was the best season i can remember from a Blues Goalie.

He was astonishing. The one that stands out for me is the home fixture against Man Utd in the January of that season. Rooney went though one on one and I remember thinking there’s no way at all he would get past Hart. I had total confidence.
13:50, Thu 22 Feb
Holdsworth_MaraSonner

No debate imo. After his year with us Joe went to play for Man City & England whilst Foster went to play for the Baggies.

Both were fantastic though.
13:55, Thu 22 Feb
He’s was PFA keeper of the year that year he was with us
14:03, Thu 22 Feb
He was never ours.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
And Capello preferred the circus clown Robert Green in the World Cup.

Cost us the trophy, that did. Instead of a Europa Conference League run to the final, we got Germany in the next phase.
14:10, Thu 22 Feb
Agree with a lot of the above.

Joe did have a rocky start the first couple of months and the game immediately after Manchester City, at Liverpool, was a watershed - Blues were thinking of taking him out of the firing line.

From then on, though, he never looked back and reached consistent exceptional heights.

Gil Merrick died too, that season, and I remember him asking about Gil, what he meant to the club and so on. He was deeply respectful and laid a wreath in the goalmouth.

I always felt England weren't brave enough to start him in the 2010 World Cup - remember Rob Green? Joe was the best 'keeper around. Regardless of age and having been on loan to little ole Blues, it didn't matter.

The next season when he played for Manchester City, early on they had a game at Spurs I think and everyone was raving about his performance on Match of the Day. It was the kind of performance we had seen regularly for us!