22:03, Mon 4 Mar
El Mayor
My Blue Heaven
Record losses

[www.expressandstar.com]

Their wage bill is nearly 195 million quid 😳

They need to sell players in the summer, but this was known

Do they need to if they qualify for the UCL Mayor?
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
23:38, Mon 4 Mar
Should know by now they never have bad luck, all the bad luck in Birmingham goes our way.
07:47, Tue 5 Mar
These villa boys been doing the books….

[vm.tiktok.com]
08:24, Tue 5 Mar
Madeira Blue
Trialist
They've been cheating finances since the 1800s, nothing newsworthy here.

When Deadly Doug ran the club, the vile supporters reckoned the money was going the other way, out of the club not in.

It wasn't
08:25, Tue 5 Mar
Bellingham, glasshouses and stones come to mind!

I hope the snidey weasels derail badly. But the rules work for and against us and they are determined by the clubs for the most part.

derbyblue
and how mad is the ffp ruling that you can declare a sale immediately (ie £100m for Grealish) yet you can amortise a purchase over the length of the contract … it’s absolute flannel
08:30, Tue 5 Mar
But if that £100m comes from a club which was continually breaking FFP, then Vile benefit from cheating as well. Unlike with us selling Jude.
08:43, Tue 5 Mar
albi
They are untouchable

Jeffrey Epstein thought the same.

One day! One day!
10:03, Tue 5 Mar
Exactly, despite the hue and cry they appear to be compliant as this loss is part of a 3 year cycle and there are allowable offsets.
They may have to sell a top player in the summer but that would enable them to go into the transfer market.
10:04, Tue 5 Mar
TaylorJay84
albi
They are untouchable

Jeffrey Epstein thought the same.

One day! One day!

Think you’ll find they are
10:59, Tue 5 Mar
Nikola Zigic
El Mayor
My Blue Heaven
Record losses

[www.expressandstar.com]

Their wage bill is nearly 195 million quid 😳

They need to sell players in the summer, but this was known

Do they need to if they qualify for the UCL Mayor?

They'll still need to more or less break even for this season so yes. Some fringe players and at least one big name.
They will be able to replace them and use the CL money to do that (if they get it), but it will weaken them.

I think they will end up like Newcastle and be a way off the pace next season regardless. It's really difficult to break in to the top few and stay there.
Newcastle will be better next season, so will Chelsea and probably Man Utd.
Even if they make the top 4 (or 5?) one season there won't transform their finances.
11:34, Tue 5 Mar
Ellis did very well out of owning them.
11:40, Tue 5 Mar
and so he should have done, you shouldn't own a business to lose money. He ran it as a business as he was a football fan fan not a Villa fan. We were most successful when we were run as a business, and now we are looking like being run as a business again which hopefully brings the success with it.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
12:49, Tue 5 Mar
How come Southhampton losing £84m makes Sky news and the Vile £195m not a mention they dont get anything negative said about them why .
Once allowable spend is taken off this year and last year they are probably around ffp loss of 90m giving them an allowable ffp loss for 23/24 of £15m.

They will have considerably increased revenue compared to last year.

They sold Archer in August for 18m and I think chukwuemeka. These transfers arent considered in these numbers which will be booked as 100% profit. With the extra estimated 10m prize money they are on to receive compared to last year for finishing 4th vs 7th plus up to 5m if they were to win the conference league you're at +50m in increased qualifying income. Not to mention increased sponsorship and matchday revenue they will have acquired this year.

As long as they haven't increased expenditure by about 70m compared to last year, they will be fine. Even then they might have to sell one or two bit part players and they will be fine. Players like Tielemans, Duran or Dendoncker probably sell for nearly 30m combined because transfers are so inflated.
13:29, Tue 5 Mar
bluebone
How come Southhampton losing £84m makes Sky news and the Vile £195m not a mention they dont get anything negative said about them why .

The Vile news was yesterday and was on the news yesterday, the Southampton news is today and is on the news today, I think that's your difference
Happy Clapper