09:49, Wed 20 Mar
GBBlue
So best case scenario is we win every game under Gary playing terrific football.

I see a flaw in your plan
09:51, Wed 20 Mar
Chris
GBBlue
So best case scenario is we win every game under Gary playing terrific football.

Yeah, it’s Garry
10:39, Wed 20 Mar
GBBlue
There are so many ifs and buts that we just have to buckle up for the remainder of the season and not look much beyond this. Look at the variables already

1) Rowett sends us down
2) We survive but through some pretty poor football and some luck elsewhere
3) He harnesses what we know could be there because it has been evident in small patches, we survive and play some exciting free flowing football.

On the flip side

1) Tony is desperate to return wherever we are playing next season
2) He could decide that his expertise, motivation for league 1 isn't sufficient and leaves
3) He may decide to call it a day.

So best case scenario is we win every game under Gary playing terrific football. Tony is fighting fit and ready to rumble for a promotion push the Prem and the owners face some degree of quandary. Or we could go down without a fight and have to find another new gaffer for the first match away to Barrow in August.

Surely the most likely scenario is we survive playing solid, but unimaginative football?
10:41, Wed 20 Mar
Excellent piece of writing, but I do like this paragraph:

"Thankfully, the one main difference to 2017 is that now in Tom Wagner I think we have a Chairman who is not only smart, but ruthless in his competence."
almajir.net
Late on Tuesday evening Birmingham City confirmed that Gary Rowett has been appointed as interim manager for the remainder of the 2023/24 season. The decision was taken by Blues after it was confirmed that Tony Mowbray was to take a formal medical leave of absence until the start of pre-season 2024/

[almajir.net]

Well written as always and a good read
Up the gazza rowett
11:01, Wed 20 Mar
B_C_F_C
TinaTractor
If Rowett works out, I don't think he will be the sentimental hire.

I can't see what the best scenario for Mowbray to return to would be. If we stay up and Rowett does his job, Mowbray may say 'you crack on son'. If we go down, will he want the challenge of getting us promoted, given his assistant oversaw our most recent terrible form?

Stop asking "what ifs" all the time!

Yeah better to just have zero plan and stumble into the next mess.
11:31, Wed 20 Mar
TinaTractor
B_C_F_C
TinaTractor
If Rowett works out, I don't think he will be the sentimental hire.

I can't see what the best scenario for Mowbray to return to would be. If we stay up and Rowett does his job, Mowbray may say 'you crack on son'. If we go down, will he want the challenge of getting us promoted, given his assistant oversaw our most recent terrible form?

Stop asking "what ifs" all the time!

Yeah better to just have zero plan and stumble into the next mess.

I think there is a difference from fan speculation vs the club - I think there is a lot of over reading into things by the fans. Separately I would hope that the club has been working on succession planning, it should be an ongoing part of the DoF's job at every club... but us panicking on a message board has no relation to this.
Chris
GBBlue

Ive read some silly stuff re Rowett over the last 24hrs and this is right up there with the best(or is it worst?)
Thanks for your excellent views Dan.

My only comment is this should have happened a couple of weeks earlier, as it was pretty obvious Venus was out of his depth.
Personally I can't see how he can return to Blues as his credibility is surely shot.
12:55, Wed 20 Mar
His credibility is not shot, he’s Mowbray right hand man and has been the majority of his career, he’s just not a number1 which I’m sure he already knew.

I would be delighted for him and TM to return next season
Tam
13:38, Wed 20 Mar
Indefatigable
Thanks for your excellent views Dan.

My only comment is this should have happened a couple of weeks earlier, as it was pretty obvious Venus was out of his depth.
Personally I can't see how he can return to Blues as his credibility is surely shot.

Not at all IMO. He's a coach, not a manager, and agreed to try and do his best in an unfamiliar role. I don't blame him at all.

It may be that it's only been the last few days when it's become apparent that Tony needs more time to recuperate and that's when the conversations have started in earnest.
Make Blues Great Again
14:23, Wed 20 Mar
Tam
I am going to adopt a que sera sera approach to this. There are too many other things in life to worry about than appointing GR aka DVB and Paul - I will break your jaw Damien - Robinson aka Robbo as an “interim” solution.

The reality is whatever the management so outside of actually game time it will be up to the players to score more goals tgan they cocede in any particular game.

As for us fans, we will continue to support Blues however the season ends and whatever league we are in next season
14:47, Wed 20 Mar
There is room for a couple of back room staff 😁
Can you update your blog Mayor with your thoughts.
Robbo! Robbo! Robbo!
Tony Fantastico