13:17, Mon 15 Apr
Another great player, played in the second division in Spain though, but cheers for trying x good old deportivo down in the dumps now

Wouldnโ€™t have had much cop on the ploughed fields of the 70s though

Elite athletes deserved much better

They are better athletes now, but they aren't better ball players. They're not as brave either.

I looked up Zigic's stats at Blues, 159 apps and only 36 goals. Only one prem season and 4 poor years below. That return is over a 1 in 4 average and doesn't put him above Bertschin's, in the all time pantheon of Small Heath wizards.
13:21, Mon 15 Apr
The trophy, the vile game and the west game do though

As does his heroics at Bolton

๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘
13:25, Mon 15 Apr
Tam
Tam
22 teams in the division then, so 42 fixtures if I remember rightly, so more teams finished below us. ๐Ÿ˜›

No, they were enjoyable times, especially as a kid/young bloke supporting Blues. proper heroes they were (to me anyway), especially the side of the early to mid 70's. It was between 1968 and 1975 that I fell in love with the club, so I'll always look back on that era fondly. Obviously football was very different then - some of it better, some of it worse - but it was what it was, and what it was to me, as a kid, was fantastic.

The DS/DG years were exciting as well, probably up to 2005.

The future promises to be awe-inspiring, and if I can hang on for that long, to have been brought up with the 1970's team and all the excitement of the team and the terraces, and finally get to the world-conquering Blues side of the (hopefully near) future, well, that's the best of both world for me.

Amen to all that Tam ๐Ÿ‘
Up the feckin Blues
13:28, Mon 15 Apr
Imagine how many goals he'd have got playing in the swashbuckling 70s Blues Globetrotters, up against the midget defenders with diabetes and the goalkeepers using their bare hands.
Happy Clapper
13:41, Mon 15 Apr
Some of the 70s lot were still suffering from shell shock the luftwaffe bombing their family homes and spending nights in bomb shelters as kids

Imagine Air Zigic flying at them
13:46, Mon 15 Apr
Those diabetic midgets would've marked his card and taken him down a peg or two, before he could start to flex his "skills".

He wouldn't last 5 minutes and there's no way he would even turn up for 70's wages.
13:47, Mon 15 Apr
Canโ€™t blame him, half a shilling a week is no good to anyone
13:50, Mon 15 Apr
My Blue Heaven

Air Zigic!

6'7" standing and around 5'8" jumping.
13:57, Mon 15 Apr
Dirty Bertie
My Blue Heaven

Air Zigic!

6'7" standing and around 5'8" jumping.
More than enough to outjump hungover cloggers weighed down by betting slips and their packs of fags
Tony Fantastico
13:59, Mon 15 Apr
Linked Image

Best day in our clubs history, even taking to account the glorious 70s!
14:14, Mon 15 Apr
My Blue Heaven
It is, and I do.

Foghorn is very touchy

I just don't get it, they're all Blues players. I loved the Francis/Hatton/Latchford era but there's no way you can compare football back then with football now - it's a different game (not better, not worse, just different).

I struggle to work out who actually thinks this stuff (either way) and who's just yanking chains.
14:20, Mon 15 Apr
I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve been serious since 2011
14:25, Mon 15 Apr
The trophy, the vile game and the west game do though

As does his heroics at Bolton

๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

3 games don't make him a hero. Bolton! you are having a laugh. When all is said and done Ziggy is still on par with Donowa.

KB more than held his own for 3 top flight seasons and was top scorer in a promotion winning season. Legendary
14:26, Mon 15 Apr
foghorn leghorn
Those diabetic midgets would've marked his card and taken him down a peg or two, before he could start to flex his "skills".

He wouldn't last 5 minutes and there's no way he would even turn up for 70's wages.

You could elbow any defender you wanted, easy work.

Bertschin (Hogan with a Perm) did ok but we must remember that both yourself and the defenders he played against we're usually drunk on matchdays and fuelled via a diet of lard and Golden Wonders, the England U21s looked like 40 year olds who's been working on the track for 25 years.
Happy Clapper
14:31, Mon 15 Apr
Bolton? You aware aware of who scored our first goal and pretty much set up the winner? Yeah?

Zigic drinks your oap tears

Linked Image

As for Keith being a legend ๐Ÿ˜‚

Heโ€™d have been better off entering Fatima whitbread look a like competitions

Linked Image