16:16, Mon 15 Apr
I think Knight's space is the back of Digbeth by where the Forge used to be isn't it?

I took it that Wagner was suggesting that that part of town might expand out towards Garrison Island and link up.
16:23, Mon 15 Apr
Westbo90
White towers going to start getting more use than it does i reckon.

Shannon's is probably the closest (currently open) pub to the site, isn't it? Around 5-6 mins brisk walk I'd say?
the king loves me
D.S
16:28, Mon 15 Apr
I seem to remember at MK Dons there was a row a outlets at the back of the away end, and similarly Blues had a Subway where the Happy Abode is now, so you're definitely going to get buy in from the big chains. Las Iguanas bottomless brunch pre match anyone??

If you think about the "fan parks" and new bars going in at St Andrews, imagine what we'll get at the new place. Imagine the stadium opening gig in summer 2029.

It's going to be magnificent.
16:35, Mon 15 Apr
D.S
I'd be disappointed if it was JUST fanzones. I really enjoyed the one on the KOP Car Park vs Coventry & Cardiff. Self Serviced worked well.

I think Wagner knows we are pub going audience with his obvious antics. I reckon he'll like the idea of a couple on site english pubs. If not for himself, for his visitors etc.

Name the pubs. I'd called one the Tilton. One the Duggary and maybe one called Brady's ;)
16:37, Mon 15 Apr
rybo
I'd be disappointed if it was JUST fanzones. I really enjoyed the one of the KOP vs Coventry & Cardiff. Self Serviced worked well.

I think Wagner knows we are pub going audience with his obvious antics. I reckon he'll like the idea of a couple on site english pubs. If not for himself, for his visitors etc.

Name the pubs. I'd called one the Tilton. One the Duggary and maybe one called Brady's ;)

Brady's???

Free wrist-watch with membership???
the king loves me
D.S
16:39, Mon 15 Apr
rybo
I'd be disappointed if it was JUST fanzones. I really enjoyed the one on the KOP Car Park vs Coventry & Cardiff. Self Serviced worked well.

There'll be a Garrison if they haven't already bought the original.
16:45, Mon 15 Apr
Casper
rybo
I'd be disappointed if it was JUST fanzones. I really enjoyed the one of the KOP vs Coventry & Cardiff. Self Serviced worked well.

Brady's???

Free wrist-watch with membership???

£2 booking fee on each pint.
16:49, Mon 15 Apr
Polo
Thongs
Spend at the stadium is the idea

It's going to take a while to change the mindset of fans.

I think it's changing already.
mad
17:07, Mon 15 Apr
D.S
D.S

It's going to be like this Springsteen song County Fair unreleased for yonks but bootlegged quite a bit and I think they eventually put it out?

It's going to be uplifting and euphoric when we see this place. It won't be in the sticks though on the edge of some small town slice of mythic Americana (probably didn't really exist) like the Bruce song evokes nor will it have ferris wheels and dodgem cars and waltzers I doubt but it'll be this wonderful brownfield site re-purposed to make Brum a bit more liveable

"County Fair County Fair everybody in town will be there so come on we're going down there"

Or maybe there will actually be a "Six Flags" there?????
17:12, Mon 15 Apr
Spike
The Tipsy Gent has been shut down for absolutely years, that's never reopening.

And looks like it's been nuked
17:17, Mon 15 Apr
TheHeath
Here, here.

I like the idea of different bars on the complex.
The Beard & Sleeve - hipster bar serving a range of real ales with an eclectic music soundtrack.

The cheeky livener - wall to wall Carling with nose powdering rooms aplenty. Plastic glasses only so they can be thrown in the air

Wan chai titty bar - a nod to the glorious regime of Carson Yeung and Peter Pannu, strippers, high rollers all to the soundtrack of sleazy 80s rock.

Wagners Whacky Warehouse - somewhere to take the babbies to burn off a bit of steam

Dunno why but this made me think of phoenix nights when they had the family fun day
17:20, Mon 15 Apr
Spike
I think Knight's space is the back of Digbeth by where the Forge used to be isn't it?

I took it that Wagner was suggesting that that part of town might expand out towards Garrison Island and link up.
Yeah it’s a couple of hundred yards up Fazeley Street (canal side of it). The Forge is of course still there in building but is now the Son Caney Cuban Bar and you get charged a different price each game for the same drinks 😁
Tony Fantastico
17:20, Mon 15 Apr
D.S
D.S
I seem to remember at MK Dons there was a row a outlets at the back of the away end, and similarly Blues had a Subway where the Happy Abode is now, so you're definitely going to get buy in from the big chains. Las Iguanas bottomless brunch pre match anyone??

If you think about the "fan parks" and new bars going in at St Andrews, imagine what we'll get at the new place. Imagine the stadium opening gig in summer 2029.

Boxpark Birmingham is opening in Digbeth in 2025. Ive been to the one at Wembley a few times.

[boxpark.co.uk]

Only 20ish minute walk to Wheels I reckon, and sure they'd be tempted to open another one closer if given the chance.
17:21, Mon 15 Apr
I’ll avoid that and the pricks throwing beer when there’s a big game on.
Truly blows my mind
Tony Fantastico
17:24, Mon 15 Apr
Ribeye
Spike
The Tipsy Gent has been shut down for absolutely years, that's never reopening.

And looks like it's been nuked

My mom & dad held their engagement party there in 1961 or 1962 (one person on here will know).

They never left it in that state I’m sure!