08:05, Fri 19 Apr
One of the most exciting things to emerge from the Open House event at Birmingham City last week was all the talk surrounding the Wheels project. With the club able to confirm ahead of the event that the Wheels project land was secured, it enabled Tom Wagner and co to go into greater detail about wh

[almajir.net]
08:25, Fri 19 Apr
That's really encouraging to read, thanks Dan.

The professionalism of these new owners is to be admired.
08:29, Fri 19 Apr
BlueStorm
That's really encouraging to read, thanks Dan.

The professionalism of these new owners is to be admired.

I think this is what is taking many by surprise, that their outlook and approach is night and day different to what we’re used to and the thought in the back of the mind that we’ve never had it this good, where’s the catch?

It’s so exciting to be a Blues fan right now
08:36, Fri 19 Apr
Great stuff Dan as ever. Exciting tomes ahead.
08:55, Fri 19 Apr
The ammount of money being spent on the current gaff is the most incredible thing to me.

If I had a few billion quid to spend on Blues. I'd absolutely be buying us a new ground but it wouldn't even cross my mind to pump so many millions in to St Andrew's before knocking it down in a few years.

From what we've seen and heard so far, we're incredibly lucky to have this lot.
09:14, Fri 19 Apr
I suspect a lot if the spending at St Andrews is a) to maximise revenue and more importantly b) to 'real world test' various ideas to see what works, what needs a tweek and to eliminate any ideas that are absolute duds that find no traction with the fans.
Tam
09:18, Fri 19 Apr
lowercaser
I suspect a lot if the spending at St Andrews is a) to maximise revenue and more importantly b) to 'real world test' various ideas to see what works, what needs a tweek and to eliminate any ideas that are absolute duds that find no traction with the fans.

And maybe to see what sort of price levels are attainable and sustainable. Funnily enough, when I saw the presentation for plans for the existing ground, I was probably more impressed than at any other stage of the Open House, not that the plans aren't awe inspiring, of course. By that, I mean that the vision that it takes to work at St. Andrews within a fairly limited and not particularly attractive setting is amazing. Well, amazing tome anyway. It really was something to behold.
Make Blues Great Again
09:27, Fri 19 Apr
I’ve done the corporate a few times and it’s been a little bit hit and miss.
I’ve also been unable to book hospitality as they’d been sold out so it makes total sense to develop this area. I’ll be first in the queue for the Alliance when it opens
09:42, Fri 19 Apr
It is natural to be excited at the plans, but I would bet that I am not alone amongst Blues fans in trying not to get too carried away...yet. The Open House was an incredible evening, with some credible people providing what seemed to be some solid plans that will ensure that our club will have a remarkable future. Everything seems to be well-considered and costed, and we have already seen what our owners have done at StAndrews @ Knighthead Park to make the matchday experience so much better than it was just 9-months ago. There can be no reason to doubt that their ambitions for the club will come to fruition, can there?

Having experienced a few false dawns in many decades of following Blues, I admit that I have been shaped by past events to be naturally sceptical. I dont want to be, I want to get on board and emerge myself in the excitement that is building, but I think Ive been conditioned to keep my feet solidly on the ground. In 2002 I remember driving away from The Millenium Stadium having seen us secure peomotion to the Premiership beliving that our future was assured. We had ambitious owners in Gold and Sullivan, a great MD in Karen Brady, Steve Bruce in charge of the team and the promise of money to spend in the top flight. Blues were going to be a force to reckon with. And we did enjoy a good few years, some ups and downs, but then the uncertainty of Carson, and the whole HKSE experience, Left us in a precarious position. In terms of football, we have had a decade or more of Championship relegation battles and a succession of underachieving or unfancied managers.

I am going to buy into the vision, literally, and next season I will get my first season ticket since moving away from the city in 2015. I will support our owners and our team in any way that I can. But, for now at least, I will look at our plans for the future with hope, rather than expectation. I dont doubt the intentions of our wonderful owners but, like Pavlov's dogs, I have become conditioned by past experiences. I'm staying grounded.
09:59, Fri 19 Apr
lowercaser

Maximising revenue at St.Andrews over the next few years so we can compete financially with parachute payment clubs and then hopefully fight for promotion over the next 2-3 years and be in the premier league for the opening of the new ground. The investment in St.Andrews would be more than paid back if the increased revenue and player spend lead to promotion
mad
10:01, Fri 19 Apr
These truly are light years away from Sullivan and Brady. Maybe if we'd had three unrelated Gold's at the the time that's have been close?

Btw thanks Dan enjoy the beer
10:04, Fri 19 Apr
The 'Man' said....
" We ain't going away "
....and to the naysayers
"F**k 'Em All "

Believe 👍
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
10:12, Fri 19 Apr
Nice one again Dan. Thank you.
10:21, Fri 19 Apr
mad
mad
These truly are light years away from Sullivan and Brady. Maybe if we'd had three unrelated Gold's at the the time that's have been close?

Btw thanks Dan enjoy the beer

Thanks mate
10:26, Fri 19 Apr
it wouldn't even cross my mind to pump so many millions in to St Andrew's before knocking it down in a few years.

It gives them five or six years to attract and expand corporate and hospitality clients and also to entice regular fans to upgrade their matchday experience and part with more coin.

They didn't really have a choice in this matter, they had to do it, it's not like they could leave St. Andrews as it is for five years and then suddenly start from scratch at the new stadium. This way they hit the ground running at the new place and rake in a good few million £ in the meantime at St. Andrews.