21:00, Thu 9 May
It's not about having confidence in your ability.

It's about earning as much as you can over a comparatively short career.
The cold never bothered me anyway
21:02, Thu 9 May
I still don't understand why Drameh was put out on the left instead of Laird. He looked so uncomfortable on that side.

I honestly thought he was the better RB all round out of the two.
21:15, Thu 9 May
Rasputin
It's not about having confidence in your ability.

It's about earning as much as you can over a comparatively short career.

Some footballers choose that path, some footballers don't want to be on the bench.

So they may be being paid well at the time to sit on the bench but are they guaranteed the same money or more in their next move if they're not playing and sitting on the bench?

As you say its a short career, so if I was them, I wouldn't want to be sitting on the bench because you're guaranteed to be paid less not more as your career progresses unless you are in your twilight years like Hogan. Which is why i said I can't blame Hogan if his being offered these contracts, you are going to sign them. Thats TTAs fault imo.

If your on the wrong side of 30 your attitude or reasoning may lean towards what your saying but if you are younger - that reasoning won't get you more money or your next big move, you will actually earn less money in theory
21:18, Thu 9 May
Rasputin
Llanon_joe
Why don't we try and get a black manager in??? We haven't tried that yet.

Er, yes we have. He was very successful in fact.

he should have got us back up with that team at the time mind. he was successful at Newcastle
21:24, Thu 9 May
Fair enough, that will teach me for trying to be a smart arse. I completely forgot about Houghton. That really seems like a lifetime ago.
21:26, Thu 9 May
He don't count though as he strikes me as someone that enjoyed playing in the cold.
21:30, Thu 9 May
Didn't we take over the last couple of years of Hogan's villa contract, but spread it over four years instead of two? Probably made that up.

The point being that Hogan if he's clever has saved and invested as much as possible over his time in at both Birmingham clubs. He will know then that he can go to his next club at 32 and accept a reduced wage for potentially a three year deal, taking him to to the end of his playing career.

And I don't blame him.
21:30, Thu 9 May
WelshBlue
Some hints from Rowett and the excellent Ryan on Substack that some players weren't putting their all into training and/or games. I didn't see it but who is he referring to? I think Drameh in his last games seemed off the boil.

My guess would be Rowett putting the blame elsewhere to deflect from not attacking Rotherham or Huddersfield.

The prick.
21:32, Thu 9 May
Wouldn't be surprised if Hogan never kicked a ball again, and he left the game totally.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
21:33, Thu 9 May
Llanon_joe
Fair enough, that will teach me for trying to be a smart arse. I completely forgot about Houghton. That really seems like a lifetime ago.

Mate, it's that long ago, it's the last season I had a season ticket!

* reminisces about the so cheap tickets for the European games *....
21:33, Thu 9 May
Rasputin
Didn't we take over the last couple of years of Hogan's villa contract, but spread it over four years instead of two? Probably made that up.

The point being that Hogan if he's clever has saved and invested as much as possible over his time in at both Birmingham clubs. He will know then that he can go to his next club at 32 and accept a reduced wage for potentially a three year deal, taking him to to the end of his playing career.

And I don't blame him.

yes, i'm agreeing with you.

i have a strong bias against hogan as you can probably tell.

to me, i believe with have got crap value for money with him during his time here, and i cant stand him.

I'm glad I will never have to see him in a Blues shirt again
21:41, Thu 9 May
TBF, I think a lot of the Hogan hate is purely down to where we signed him from, which I find quite dull.

But I would agree entirely with you that he's been a dismal failure for the majority of his career here - that he's been the best (only) option for several years is an indictment on the recruitment team.

Not his fault for that though.
21:49, Thu 9 May
I can't even remember if I had a season ticket for that season it was that long ago. I remember being very very jealous of people that went to the European games
21:57, Thu 9 May
Rasputin
TBF, I think a lot of the Hogan hate is purely down to where we signed him from, which I find quite dull.

But I would agree entirely with you that he's been a dismal failure for the majority of his career here - that he's been the best (only) option for several years is an indictment on the recruitment team.

Not his fault for that though.

Absolutely not. for me i couldnt care less if he came from villa, we have signed a few players from villa over the seasons so that is definitely not the reason i think hes s***e.

If you look at his career, he has only had one good season, when he was at Brentford, and villa payed i think 12mil for him at the time.

when we initially had him on loan he scored quite a few goals for us and i was praying we didnt sign him because i knew that loan wasnt representative of his career. sure enough blues signed him and his been nothing but s***.

Opinions are my own of course
22:01, Thu 9 May
to be fair to the owners of the time, they were very good with ticket prices.

We went to all the home European games and it was a fiver for OAP's, and I think 15 for adults.