This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Steve Cotterill explains his plans for Birmingham City's out of contract players

Birmingham Mail
16:15, Tuesday 5 December 2017
The likes of Maikel Kieftenbeld, Jacques Maghoma and Jonathan Grounds see their deals run out at the end of the season

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Tweet Topic

Re: Steve Cotterill explains his plans for Birmingham City's out of contract players

number8 replying to Birmingham Mail
16:30, Tuesday 5 December 2017
I even read his comments in a Geordie accent now to get the full effect.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
Tweet Topic

Re: Steve Cotterill explains his plans for Birmingham City's out of contract players

DES replying to number8
16:42, Tuesday 5 December 2017
re sign all three,
KRO
Tweet Topic

No more Fosters replying to Birmingham Mail
16:44, Tuesday 5 December 2017
what the feck is he on about? Why wouldn't he sign them up to new contracts? Just let them go for free because they don't have good games for 25 games in a row
Tweet Topic

number8 replying to DES
16:49, Tuesday 5 December 2017
Maghoma? Why?
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
Tweet Topic

Spike replying to number8
16:54, Tuesday 5 December 2017
If he really thinks we have players who can play well 25 games in a row I wish him the best of British. Pretty much nobody outside the very top clubs has that.

Of those players Kieftenbeld and Grounds deserve / merit new deals as they have something to offer and the right attitude. The rest should be let go.
Tweet Topic

mr_crosby replying to Spike
17:07, Tuesday 5 December 2017
Do they though, don’t we want better than this?
Tweet Topic

Atlas replying to Birmingham Mail
17:12, Tuesday 5 December 2017
Blimey. We could wipe out most of the Rowett signings in several months.

Fabtastic.
Ndoye is still the best midfielder in the Championship.
Tweet Topic

Spike replying to mr_crosby
17:20, Tuesday 5 December 2017
We do ultimately, yeah. But as we are proving at the moment, you can't change it all too quickly otherwise it goes to shit.

Grounds is a decent performer, tries his balls off and has never been any trouble. Kieftenbeld the same.

Despite both of their limitations that's something to work with. You have to phase in better quality of course but with those two I would say they might (hopefully) be replaced eventually with better quality and not necessarily be first choice - but in the meantime you know they can offer something.

The others mentioned have pretty much nothing to offer going forward into the future and can be let go.

Only my opinions, obviously.
Tweet Topic

Bluewurst replying to Spike
17:38, Tuesday 5 December 2017
Spike
If he really thinks we have players who can play well 25 games in a row I wish him the best of British. Pretty much nobody outside the very top clubs has that.

Of those players Kieftenbeld and Grounds deserve / merit new deals as they have something to offer and the right attitude. The rest should be let go.

I would challenge him to name a starting 11 from all the players on the planet who would fit that category.

He couldn’t

The bloke is full of sound bites and bluster I.e. shit

Look at them in January? When they can talk to whatever clubs they want to?
@Bluewurst1875
Tweet Topic

Tony Hancock replying to Bluewurst
18:38, Tuesday 5 December 2017
When does his own contract run out ?
Tweet Topic

666VAN replying to Tony Hancock
19:03, Tuesday 5 December 2017
Same as Zola’s I believe, just the 2 1/2 Years.
Tweet Topic

DES replying to number8
19:14, Tuesday 5 December 2017
We haven’t got a wide player at the club, if juke playing then we need one.
Kro
Tweet Topic

Blueskyline replying to number8
19:19, Tuesday 5 December 2017
Magoma has 1 decent game then 3 bad/ mediocre games , the trouble is you never know when the good one is going to come
Tweet Topic

Tony Hancock replying to 666VAN
19:36, Tuesday 5 December 2017
666VAN
Same as Zola’s I believe, just the 2 1/2 Years.

Good grief.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »