This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Re: BCFC: Demand Better

Bluesince62 replying to Chris
12:13, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Cheers Chris - good answer thumbs up
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

jefflynneshair replying to El Mayor
12:31, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Other than the obvious names I can think of I'm really not sure.

A matter of months ago the club were chucking money at players and everybody (give or take) was happy about that. The ambition didn't appear to be mediocre although the subsequent performances barely even reached that level. Now a lot of us (and I don't include you in this) were happy to ride the crest of that wave without any thorough examination of how the money was acquired or who it came from.

By and large we wanted Redknapp and we got him. We wanted the club to spend and we got that. Now the bills are coming in and we're pointing fingers. Just seems a tad hypocritical.
@stevanderman
Tweet Topic

David Xavis replying to Chris
12:36, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Chris
Bluesince62
Just for 'clarity' then Chris, so you are Dong for the day ( normally Bat's job on here :D ) and you get to give SC the tin tack...who are you bringing in Chris?

BTW - this side could bloody easily go down, in case you haven't noticed, 1 point clear and all the others around us showing fight too.

There's too much quality in the side to go down when you compare it to those around us.

In terms of the next man, it would be hard to try and make a call when you haven't interviewed them, I suppose. I have always been - and remain - a fan of Uwe Rosler and there are quite a few coaches in the lower leagues I wouldn't say no to. Could we tempt somebody like Graham Potter once his European adventure is over? I appreciate it would be risky as we'd ignore all the 'proven' names who would be linked, but the reward could be great if you get the right man.

Barnsley are about to take a gamble on an unknown Scottish gaffer - providing somebody like that had a good plan for us, I'd much rather do something like that than endure Cotterill further.

Has to be Potter in the summer for me, worth the risk, before somebody else does.
Tweet Topic

Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist replying to jefflynneshair
12:42, Tuesday 13 February 2018
jefflynneshair

A matter of months ago the club were chucking money at players and everybody (give or take) was happy about that. The ambition didn't appear to be mediocre although the subsequent performances barely even reached that level. Now a lot of us (and I don't include you in this) were happy to ride the crest of that wave without any thorough examination of how the money was acquired or who it came from.

By and large we wanted Redknapp and we got him. We wanted the club to spend and we got that. Now the bills are coming in and we're pointing fingers. Just seems a tad hypocritical.

Well, I think we have to consider what went on before that spell, when they ousted a manager that was doing well in general, brought in a manager with a questionable record to try and change the style of play and then wouldn't sack him, leaving him (if that's what really happened) to resign. So all that's a backdrop of incompetence but, fair enough, clean slate time.

So, they spend money, which was great, but it's a haphazard run of spending after seemingly missing out on some of their first targets and doing deals on the last day, and not addressing the BIG problem adeuately - midfield. Then, 16 days after the window has ended, they sack Redknapp, with all of those signings presumably wondering what's going on.

They appoint Cotterill on the basis of it being the fans choice(?)/his experience last season, whatever - an uninspiring appointment, but we live with it. They imply, at the very least, that there's funds available to strengthen in the window (midfielder at least required) and the goalposts seem to change.

I don't think that people criticised the spending (as long as it was affordable, which you have to take on trust) but the sheer lack of competence by owners and their appointed executives are the things that create the concern. I don't think that it's hypocritical to suggest that the way that club has been run financially, its managerial appointments, its apparent lack of a plan and its highly questionable recruitment is pretty shambolic.
Please don't eat yellow snow. It means that there's less for me.
Tweet Topic

El Mayor replying to jefflynneshair
13:09, Tuesday 13 February 2018
jefflynneshair

I actually get where you're coming from, and you're right - I asked people on FB not long ago about the owners and the basic response was "as long as the money keeps coming, who cares?"

I don't like that attitude; as I don't like people moaning when things have gone to shit because the club haven't done exactly what they wanted. I think we have to examine ourselves as fans and question what we want - and if it's as simple as the sugar daddy approach we have zero right to complain when it inevitably goes Pete Tong.
[www.protipster.com] [www.almajir.net]

Ren Xuandong doesn't work for TTA, and TTA aren't the people putting money into BCFC...
Tweet Topic

DES replying to El Mayor
13:22, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Dan, Everyone on here knows my feelings, I want someone to run it as a business, make it viable and competitive, of course we would love an Abramovich but not many of them out there!
Footy doesn't lend itself to short term gain, My mates the Gullivans were here for 14 yrs before they hit paydirt!

KRO
Tweet Topic

spionkop replying to Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist
13:25, Tuesday 13 February 2018
After the Clark debacle you could argue, from the boards point of view, that when they did loosen the purse strings Rowett, Zola and Redknapp all wasted money on poor signings and that now a reckoning has come and SC, instead of receiving money to strengthen the club, is bring forced to offload as much of the rubbish as he can. Don't forget that we still have some of these players such as Brock-Madsen, Keita, Fabbrini, Stewart and Tesche on the books but out on loan.
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to Pigeon
13:29, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Pigeon
I wasn’t disagreeing with you

Just saying that there is no point having a progressive, talented coach with a long term vision if you have clowns above him making terrible decisions and hindering him

The thing that matters more than the on-pitch situation is the ownership situation.
who is the coach who has had a long term vision for Blues?
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

DES replying to Rab C Nesbitt
13:34, Tuesday 13 February 2018
who is the progressive talented coach?

KRO
Tweet Topic

Thongs replying to DES
13:39, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Laudrup.
This post is paid for by Small Heath Alliance

Never EVER forget!

[www.smallheathalliance.com]
Tweet Topic

Chris replying to Rab C Nesbitt
13:53, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Rab C Nesbitt
Pigeon
I wasn’t disagreeing with you

Just saying that there is no point having a progressive, talented coach with a long term vision if you have clowns above him making terrible decisions and hindering him

The thing that matters more than the on-pitch situation is the ownership situation.
who is the coach who has had a long term vision for Blues?

You're right, but let's not go down this path again or we'll distract from the points people are trying to make.
Tweet Topic

turley replying to Thongs
14:36, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Thongs
Laudrup.

Laudrup and Toshack were in the frame when Zola was appointed.
Tweet Topic

Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist replying to DES
15:07, Tuesday 13 February 2018
DES
Dan, Everyone on here knows my feelings, I want someone to run it as a business, make it viable and competitive, of course we would love an Abramovich but not many of them out there!
Footy doesn't lend itself to short term gain, My mates the Gullivans were here for 14 yrs before they hit paydirt!

KRO

I would also, and always have, wanted it to be run as a viable business, preferably with some transparency, and then preferably not to be sold to shysters.
Please don't eat yellow snow. It means that there's less for me.
Tweet Topic

WorcsAzul replying to Thongs
16:13, Tuesday 13 February 2018
I know you have been a long time fan of Laudrup. How long would you give him to succeed though?

If you look at his Swansea record, his win ratio was 34%. In the 84 games he managed them for they scored 116 goals and conceded 105.

I don't want the DVB back but the manager you personally hounded out of the club had a win ratio of 40% across his 106 games with us (despite spending several months on holiday during that time).

Laudrup was a great footballer (as was Zola) but I do not think he is the answer as our next manager.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to WorcsAzul
17:59, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Stats. I love em.

So how many of those stats were Prem v Champs?
Tweet Topic

Artist replying to Bluesince62
18:05, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Yeah but 67.6% of stats are made up.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to Artist
18:06, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Fair do's - got no comeback to that.
Tweet Topic

bazablue replying to choc4
18:49, Tuesday 13 February 2018
they could start by not selling crap clothing..sell what people wear now but with the badge on it,its worse than the kumar stuff....and then sell yer own tickets..and do more cash on the day,pay at the gate,why should we have to pay a third party to buy a ticket...everything is third rate..i,ve always thought that blues should move out (wythall/NEC warwicks side..eg..) and the council can whistle,they never wanted us anyway...space there for car parks..the bus people would soon lay on buses..we desperately need to find another TF..I would sooner watch the kids than has been amateurs....re start a reserve side...wheldon had one phone at the club....we are going back to that the way things are..over 50,000 tickets for blues fans at the millennium and 10,000 more were wanted....so the fans are there but are now taken for granted...and find other things to do,until the phoenix returns...
Tweet Topic

Bluestaines replying to Bluesince62
19:00, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Bluesince62
Just for 'clarity' then Chris, so you are Dong for the day ( normally Bat's job on here :D ) and you get to give SC the tin tack...who are you bringing in Chris?

BTW - this side could bloody easily go down, in case you haven't noticed, 1 point clear and all the others around us showing fight too.

This. Sacking the manager now would show we have learnt nothing from the last 14 months. One bad game in the last 7 in the league and everybody is wetting themselves just because it was the Vile. I'm not happy about it either but we need to look at the longer term problems.
Tweet Topic

Haircut1000 replying to Bluestaines
01:06, Wednesday 14 February 2018
Here's my vision.

1. Become the best-performing side in the West Midlands by 2022.
2. Build a new stadium by the time of the Commonwealth Games.
3. Create the country's best academy.

I've literally made that up but we need some sort of concrete ambition of tbis type.
Tweet Topic

Holdsworth_MaraSonner replying to Fat Buddha
01:30, Wednesday 14 February 2018
Fat Buddha

YellowRivers
I headed straight out of the ground bang on the final whistle as I didn't think they'd earned my applause, so I didn't see what SC or the players did. More generally though, this does seem to be a real blind spot for our manager. Irrespective of whether his intentions are good or not, he really has failed to make any kind of positive connection with the fans. It doesn't take much effort to tickle our tummies a bit even if he doesn't want to. It's part of the job and we usually lap it up - a few positive comments about the support in pre- and post-match interviews, some fist pumping towards the stands when we score or win, a clap and a wave to away fans at the end of the match. It costs nothing and it buys some good will. I've heard him talk about the need for the fans to be more supportive and he's probably right at times. However, he could also do to realise that to work it needs to be a two way street. Personally, he'll earn most respect from me by sticking more points on the board but I'd also like to be able like him more than I currently do.

Interesting points, and I agree with you. I've highlighted the last bit in bold, because I think that, rightly or wrongly, this is quite a big factor in determining whether the manager retains the support of the fans for a bit longer, or through a prolonged rocky spell. I don't think that SC has that 'like' factor (apart from U-Credit, who I believe is his sex slave) and that's fine as long as the team are doing well, but it makes it just a bit easier to give him the thumbs down a bit quicker when things aren't going so well.

I like him and I think you should all stop being so beastly. Ya bastards.

Mate, you know I agree with most things you say but that was an unacceptable disgrace on Sunday. Players scared of their own shadows. A manager who should never have been in the job showing himself out of his depth. Not even at attempt to win the game. I am sick of this self deprecating Brummie bollocks. I don't care if Bernard carried a sofa into Oxford in 1981, I do not care if there weren't any Villa fans in town before the game, but I do care that we haven't scored a goal at Villa park in a decade. We cannot accept this mediocre, scaredy cat, we're not good enough, good old Blues nonsense any longer. I want us to be better. I know we can be better. I don't know why so many Blues fans are proud of excusing the fact that we're so bad.
Tweet Topic

Cattell Prod replying to Holdsworth_MaraSonner
07:25, Wednesday 14 February 2018
Can you imagine a Neil Warnock side capitulating in that fashion? He’d have set fire to the dugout before letting it happen
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
Tweet Topic

DES replying to Holdsworth_MaraSonner
07:38, Wednesday 14 February 2018
Holdsworth,
Some good points here, but it certainly isn’t a scaredy cat thing, quite the opposite, it’s a we’re shit and we know we are mentality, pride in being crapTBF it’s an identity badge we have had to accept over the years as sadly we are shit!!
Kro
Tweet Topic

The Eton rifle replying to Cattell Prod
07:40, Wednesday 14 February 2018
It's all very well us moaning like hell on this thread but going forward now what actions are planned too "demand better"'maybe Dan can answer that one?
Tweet Topic

The Eton rifle replying to Cattell Prod
08:05, Wednesday 14 February 2018
Cattell Prod
Can you imagine a Neil Warnock side capitulating in that fashion? He’d have set fire to the dugout before letting it happen
exactly mate that's the difference.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to The Eton rifle
10:33, Wednesday 14 February 2018
Basically what I said - Dan is the only one to have actually got off his arse.
There is an almighty amount of pitchfork waving going on on this thread, but no -one will be arsed to actually do anything, there are no actual suggestions to what can be done. Same old, same old.
So we all get a bit pissy on a forum, then just carry on. thumbs up
Tweet Topic

DES replying to Haircut1000
11:20, Wednesday 14 February 2018
brilliant goals haircut absolutely brilliant!
Tweet Topic

jefflynneshair replying to Bluesince62
11:21, Wednesday 14 February 2018
This.

Added to that, starting threads berating Dan whenever he does something positive.
@stevanderman
Tweet Topic

davenports replying to almajir.net
18:47, Wednesday 14 February 2018
I love this club but it makes me angry and sad that a club that carries the name of this countries second city seems to consider playing in the championship with the odd season as a makeweight in the premier as good enough ! Well it is not. Compare and contrast it with teams from other countries second cities. Munich, Barcelona,Milan etc. Even in Britain the best teams in Scotland are from their second city and even Wales second city team is in the premier !
Tweet Topic

El Mayor replying to The Eton rifle
18:54, Wednesday 14 February 2018
The Eton rifle
It's all very well us moaning like hell on this thread but going forward now what actions are planned too "demand better"'maybe Dan can answer that one?

Why do I have to answer it?

TBF mate, you're one of those people who often isn't happy, and often vents on here - but are you going to do anything about it? Have you thought about what you can do about it?

People say "ah but Dan, you've got the contacts and that" - but I didn't have them when I started OP. They didn't fall into my hands like a magic notebook, it took work for me to make OP a website that was as huge as it was.

People also assume that they need to target the owners.

That's wrong too - actually, the bigger thing we can do is target the people who can force change. Pannu and Carson were forced out because people forced the authorities into HK into action - simply by pointing out where they had broken the rules and making the necessary complaints. Closer to home, the EFL didn't do much but that's a problem too - and they won't do much cos they think they can ignore fans. If enough fans call them out on their bullshit... well, maybe things will change.

There are tools out there to use if people want change - but they require time, money and most of all a bit of effort. And yes, it might require putting one's head above the parapet and getting (metaphorically) shot at. I'll help anyone who wants to do something - but all I can do is lead a horse to water.
[www.protipster.com] [www.almajir.net]

Ren Xuandong doesn't work for TTA, and TTA aren't the people putting money into BCFC...
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »