This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Relegation

Joys and Sorrows
00:15, Monday 16 April 2018
It’s inevitable

We have rode our luck for a few years now but this time is up. We are going to be relegated. We have very hard games whereas the other teams all have winnable ones. A lot of our fans are saying that we are fine and “this is the blues way” but that is either trying to be optimistic or just blind stupidity. This is harder than last year or the year under Clarke. If we would have sacked Cotterill after Brentford (when he should have been) then i believe we would have beat Barnsley and maybe got a point at Forrest allowing us to be safe. It destroys me to say this but we are gone now, accept it.
Tweet Topic

Re: Relegation

miamiblue replying to Joys and Sorrows
00:21, Monday 16 April 2018
That's the spirit.
Tweet Topic

TheBlueNation replying to Joys and Sorrows
05:53, Monday 16 April 2018
Have you ever thought about what keep right on actually means??
Tweet Topic

PartAndroid replying to Joys and Sorrows
05:56, Monday 16 April 2018
0/10
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
Tweet Topic

bluer than blues replying to Joys and Sorrows
06:37, Monday 16 April 2018
Oh great another thread that offers nothing but a window into the bleak despair of a man losing his faith.
Tweet Topic

tool replying to miamiblue
06:45, Monday 16 April 2018
:D
Tweet Topic

kevb8ll replying to Joys and Sorrows
07:36, Monday 16 April 2018
Joys and Sorrows
It’s inevitable

We have rode our luck for a few years now but this time is up. We are going to be relegated. We have very hard games whereas the other teams all have winnable ones. A lot of our fans are saying that we are fine and “this is the blues way” but that is either trying to be optimistic or just blind stupidity. This is harder than last year or the year under Clarke. If we would have sacked Cotterill after Brentford (when he should have been) then i believe we would have beat Barnsley and maybe got a point at Forrest allowing us to be safe. It destroys me to say this but we are gone now, accept it.

I don't think our games are more difficult than Bolton and Barnsley's - actually I think their's may be slightly more difficult than ours. At least we have 2 home games to Barnsley's one. We MAY go down, but aren't down yet.
Tweet Topic

Tilton Rifle replying to Joys and Sorrows
07:50, Monday 16 April 2018
You know we're not in the bottom three don't you?

The actual truth is that under Cotterill we were dead and buried.

Now Monk has come in we've got a decent chance.

Grow some balls.
Tweet Topic

ben sotv replying to Joys and Sorrows
08:06, Monday 16 April 2018
How come we’ve inherited a section of bed wetters???

If we go down? So what

Personally, we ain’t going down. Sunday was a free hit, inevitable we’d lose.

The remaining games, I have every confidence in monk pep and Beattie, we will win the next 2 or draw one win one.

Can’t see Bolton or Barnsley winning another two games.
Tweet Topic

85Blue replying to Joys and Sorrows
09:23, Monday 16 April 2018
Grade A Wummer
Tweet Topic

nick_p replying to ben sotv
09:51, Monday 16 April 2018
The problem with our "free hit" is that we ended it with Dean missing the next two matches through suspension - hardly a no-lose outcome. Had we come through with our back four intact, I for one would feel a lot more confident.

Not to say we won't stay up, but I can see why people aren't as confident as they were.
Tweet Topic

Le Mod replying to nick_p
09:53, Monday 16 April 2018
This basically sums up my feelings, take the Dean suspension out and I’d be feeling alright.
@LeMod1875
Tweet Topic

Ribeye replying to Le Mod
09:55, Monday 16 April 2018
If i was the monkster id print off all the pessimism on here and stick it on the changing room walls. Actually bad idea they'd probably slit their wrists.
Tweet Topic

STD replying to Ribeye
10:23, Monday 16 April 2018
Ribeye
If i was the monkster id print off all the pessimism on here and stick it on the changing room walls. Actually bad idea they'd probably slit their wrists.

Seeing our shooting most of the season most of the players would miss
Moist
Tweet Topic

Spike replying to Joys and Sorrows
10:27, Monday 16 April 2018
People have been saying that these other teams have winnable games for a few weeks now.

They haven't been winning them.

Barnsley were nailed on to win at Ipswich, they lost.

Bolton played us, they lost.

Then they played each other, and neither of them won.
Tweet Topic

Blueblood Charcy: Just a better calibre. replying to Le Mod
10:29, Monday 16 April 2018
I think Barnsley and Bolton will get beat next week. I am not sure about us but it will be another game gone.
Tweet Topic

Legal_Bluenose replying to Joys and Sorrows
10:29, Monday 16 April 2018
see what happens when you stay up beyond your bed time?
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
Tweet Topic

Predator replying to Legal_Bluenose
16:37, Monday 16 April 2018
We are two points ahead of the drop? We have 2 home games and 1 away to a team who have nothing to play for? Probably only need 1 win! Jesus I thought I was negative....
Tweet Topic

Franz Beckenbrammal replying to Joys and Sorrows
18:44, Monday 16 April 2018
Let me put a positive side on the worst thing that could happen.

We could have a fantastic, young team. Harding, bailey, viv, lubala and cogley.

Mix them with a few players that wont leave. jutk, koosh, grounds, davis and we might aswell have a look at greg stewart, fabbrini, tesche.

It will be an exciting time with proper football.

Only problem is it will be against feckin luton and gillingham.
Tweet Topic

85Blue replying to Franz Beckenbrammal
18:51, Monday 16 April 2018
Whatever the feck happens, let's keep these decent crowd numbers going, enjoy it and not be wummers
Tweet Topic

WreckTangle replying to Franz Beckenbrammal
19:04, Monday 16 April 2018
That's all fairy tales. It's standard procedure at blues. Any real talent will be sold...with the rest that have any sort of value. We'll have a team left that consists of bed wetter and dead wood we can't get out the door. We'll probably try and poach the next big non league talent, who'll end up buying a Merc on hire purchase, driving it intoxicated through the Wast Hills training pitches just for a laugh. Typical blues.
Tweet Topic

mattwakeman replying to WreckTangle
19:24, Monday 16 April 2018
The 'worst' that happens is that Blues get relegated...and the world keeps turning and the sun still rises.

We have all been supporting a team that has been relegated (and promoted as well) many times before. We will have a damn good moan about it and then keep following the team having a few beers and as many laughs as possible along the way. There are many things in my life that I could (and probably should) be worrying about, but Blues being relegated is not one of them.

Barnsley have to win their game in hand AND get better results than Blues in the last three games of the season - and Barnsley have won just twice in sixteen games (one of those against Blues sadly). I would rather be in Blues position than Barnsley.
Tweet Topic

Brother Tam, the deep fat friar replying to mattwakeman
19:28, Monday 16 April 2018
mattwakeman
The 'worst' that happens is that Blues get relegated...and the world keeps turning and the sun still rises.

We have all been supporting a team that has been relegated (and promoted as well) many times before. We will have a damn good moan about it and then keep following the team having a few beers and as many laughs as possible along the way. There are many things in my life that I could (and probably should) be worrying about, but Blues being relegated is not one of them.

Barnsley have to win their game in hand AND get better results than Blues in the last three games of the season. I would rather be in Blues position than Barnsley.
Strictly speaking, if Barnsley won their game in hand, they could afford to get one less point than Blues in their other games, given the goal difference, unless they got thumped by thirteen goals, but I'd still rather have the two points in the bag.
Please don't eat yellow snow. It means that there's less for me.
Tweet Topic
  • Get £2.50 off at FunkyHampers.com
    From Sweet Hampers to Chocolates and Retro Gifts to Flowers, FunkyHampers have exclusive gifts for all occasions.
  • Advertisement
  • Advertise your Small Business
    By becoming a SHA sponsor you can advertise your small business to thousands of Brummies for just pennies a day.
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »