04:40, Wed 13 Jun
A round up of all things BCFC from BirminghamLive

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
07:58, Wed 13 Jun
I think im in the minority who rated Cotterill, i know he could be a lazy prick but he was useful.
08:53, Wed 13 Jun
He was great for us, especially in Rowett's first season
DES
09:40, Wed 13 Jun
Very good squad member!
Kro
Roj
10:01, Wed 13 Jun
DES
I remember the match when he made a tackle very clearly.
10:05, Wed 13 Jun
Roj
This was the problem really.

We had a team of mostly runners, grafters and tacklers, and yet people were screaming at the one flair player for not doing more running grafting and tackling
10:15, Wed 13 Jun
Yes but one tackle in his entire Blues career? That's what drove people mad.
10:16, Wed 13 Jun
I think you took Roj's post literally
10:22, Wed 13 Jun
No I didn't. I only ever saw Cotterill make one tackle. Admittedly I base that on all home games and a few away but the point remains. Talented but gutless player like Burke.
10:23, Wed 13 Jun
Talented but gutless player like Burke.

8-)
10:26, Wed 13 Jun
Burke was fantastic for us. Do you not like players who can actually play football? Since when do you rate an attacking player on whether he can tackle or not? Is Messi shit because he doesn't get stuck in?
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
10:31, Wed 13 Jun
madness :D
10:35, Wed 13 Jun
I am not disputing either players' talent and some great performances but I thought both were gutless and avoided physical contact whenever possible. I don't care how good a player is but bottling out doesn't do it for me. It does for you and that's fair enough.
10:37, Wed 13 Jun
GERRIN TO EM eff EM UP
GERRIN TO EM eff EM UP
GERRIN TO EM eff EM UP
10:44, Wed 13 Jun
So you'd rather have a player who throws himself about but is technically shit, than a player who is actually good but doesn't slide in from 10 yards out to try and crunch a full back for a throw in 10 yards into the opposition half?

Players bottling a challenge isn't great but I can certainly excuse a winger from it. David Davis bottled a fair few last season...
Thongs
10:45, Wed 13 Jun
No. That's way of the mark. So some of you don't mind players avoiding challenges? Amazing.
10:46, Wed 13 Jun
Where did |I say that?
10:50, Wed 13 Jun
That's what I infer from your comments. You don't like players who don't get stuck in, never mind what their actual role is. Is that wrong?
Thongs