12:02, Wed 13 Jun
[www.bbc.com]

Win bid for 2026 world cup. Bloody nighmare getting from Acapulco to Montreal.
Goodbye says it all.
12:04, Wed 13 Jun
[www.bbc.com]

Drive. Google maps says 50 hours, 5100km :D
12:05, Wed 13 Jun
Will anyone actually have to make that journey?

I'm guessing not.
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk
12:06, Wed 13 Jun
Tandy
[www.bbc.com]

Drive :D

Drive - Climb over wall - Drive some more
The groups will be made logically.

Montreal and Toronto are in a relatively tight bunch of venues.
12:07, Wed 13 Jun
Will anyone actually have to make that journey?

I'm guessing not.

Pacific coast Mexico is a very popular destination for Canadians, plenty of cheap flights available.
12:07, Wed 13 Jun
the way trump is going there well be another wall, this one between canada and the US :D
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
40 hours from Kalingrad to Yekaterinburg

Will be a max journey time of about an hour between all the stadiums in Qatar. Poor Fifa can't win.

Fair play to Morocco for pretending that they had a hope of winning.
12:09, Wed 13 Jun
Fecking ridiculous!
Morocco would have been ace
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
Why is it? People love moaning.

It is 49 hours from Seattle to Miami.
The Birmingham Power Shift 2.0
Morocco would have been ace

Was never going to happen though was it?
12:13, Wed 13 Jun
No need - Canadians have it sorted already!:D

12:13, Wed 13 Jun
If I was Canadian, I'd be quite happy about that.
And 62 hours from Manaus to Porto Alegre.
It’s a shame Russia isn’t having any games in Petropavlovsk. A good weeks drive from Sochi non stop, about 12000km. A good 3000km further than Vladivostok.
The Right Reverand Charcy Blue Blue

Three nations attempting a common policy? What if there is a wall? What if US visas become stricter? This is eight years ahead, who knows what the politics will be on that continent by then?
12:26, Wed 13 Jun
The distance thing is a bit of a red herring. The main problem as far as I'm concerned is that the USA has now had two World Cups in three decades and Mexico hosted it three times. Morocco have never had it and the whole of Africa has hosted one World Cup ever. The choice for maximum variety and fairness would've been Morocco.
12:28, Wed 13 Jun
Canada and Mexico will have been Annexed - no more arguments about walls or tariffs on dairy produce. HTH.
12:29, Wed 13 Jun
A_n_E
the way trump is going there well be another wall, this one between canada and the US :D

Linked Image
12:30, Wed 13 Jun
Istanblue
The distance thing is a bit of a red herring. The main problem as far as I'm concerned is that the USA has now had two World Cups in three decades and Mexico hosted it three times. Morocco have never had it and the whole of Africa has hosted one World Cup ever. The choice for maximum variety and fairness would've been Morocco.

This was my thoughts on it.

Considering the level of interest in football between us and the USA, they’ll have had 2 in 9 tournaments whereas we will have had 0 in the last 15
JCL
12:30, Wed 13 Jun
Maybe FIFA are trying to be a bit more sensible about it all and make hosting the World Cup less expensive.

I’d assume that between those three countries they have pretty much all the infrastructure and stadiums in place already, or wold just require some upgrades, as a posed to a country that has to build everything from scratch, kill many workers, bankrupt the economy and then have fancy dan empty stadiums as a legacy.
"Don’t hang about here, its decidedly unhealthy"
Wingman Blue
The Right Reverand Charcy Blue Blue

Three nations attempting a common policy? What if there is a wall? What if US visas become stricter? This is eight years ahead, who knows what the politics will be on that continent by then?

Very little will change in eight years, history tells us they are more likely to be closer than further apart no matter what Trump and Brexit have done to buck that trend recently. It will be a good World Cup, I suspect you had issues with it being in Russia and Qatar too.
European Bob
Istanblue

This was my thoughts on it.

Considering the level of interest in football between us and the USA, they’ll have had 2 in 9 tournaments whereas we will have had 0 in the last 15

I am pretty confident that England will win the next one in the European cycle.
JCL
Maybe FIFA are trying to be a bit more sensible about it all and make hosting the World Cup less expensive.

I’d assume that between those three countries they have pretty much all the infrastructure and stadiums in place already, or wold just require some upgrades, as a posed to a country that has to build everything from scratch, kill many workers, bankrupt the economy and then have fancy dan empty stadiums as a legacy.

Yes, it is a really strong bid.
12:39, Wed 13 Jun
JCL
JCL

It seems unlikely to me - but it would be welcome.

I have said before that the money FIFA requires countries to spend even putting the bids together is pretty obscene.

That's before you get into awarding the tournament to nations where the staging process is going to cost ludicrous money and lives in creating white elephants.
12:50, Wed 13 Jun
Hope there’s some good surprise bonus soccer times and 12 yard death strikes

Go goalshots!
We still believe
12:52, Wed 13 Jun
The problem with Morocco is that’s it’s an absolute joke to get around, it’s much much bigger than it looks on any map, the heat is ridiculous, infrastructure is beyond poor, everybody is out to rip you off, the immigration at airports is stupid, and booze is hard to get hold of past a certain time.

Qatar won’t have that problem as all the stadiums are close, it’s a fairly modern society (slavery not included) so infrastructure is fine, if they can sort the air conditioned stadiums out it’ll be fine.

The World Cup held in a small country like Qatar is a very good idea if all the infrastructure is sorted and it’s not 50 million degrees outside. I’m sure Denmark, Belgium, Hong Kong etc could pull it off well.