13:00, Wed 13 Jun
Paul Robinson is remaining at Blues in a key coaching role.The former Club Captain, who retired from playing at the season's end, has been appointed Assistant Senior Professional Development Coach.Robinson will work alongside Richard Beale bringing through the Club's Under-23s Development Squad.

[www.bcfc.com]
13:08, Wed 13 Jun
That protracted send off at the end of the season was the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen at the club. Decent servant? Yes. Never a club legend in a million years though
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
13:13, Wed 13 Jun
:D Future Blues manager ?
13:15, Wed 13 Jun
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
Good work. Clearly a top guy who is loved inside the club.

Also I can't wait for Spike's reaction next season during Center Back crisis and the rumours of "Robbo the legend" having to hep us out. :D
13:21, Wed 13 Jun
Starting to think its inevitable that he will end up managing us one day.
Shaun of Brum (in London)
Good work. Clearly a top guy who is loved inside the club.

Also I can't wait for Spike's reaction next season during Center Back crisis and the rumours of "Robbo the legend" having to hep us out. :D

It's Centre.. Unless you're American.
14:00, Wed 13 Jun
can't get my head round 'Assistant Senior'
14:01, Wed 13 Jun
Assistant Regional Manager

No, you're Assistant to the Regional Manager
14:10, Wed 13 Jun
if he does well at Blues I can see him going to a lower league club to cut his teeth management wise. Somewhere like Gillingham.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
14:20, Wed 13 Jun
Shaun of Brum (in London)

I would far rather Garry Monk bring himself out of retirement...
14:22, Wed 13 Jun
He needn't do the trial at Blues, I will give him a reference if it helps him bugger off to Gillingham.

At this rate, in about twenty years time, we will have to get a gypsy in to exorcise the curse of Robbo hanging over the ground...
14:23, Wed 13 Jun
Pigeon

:D
JCL
14:24, Wed 13 Jun
Cattell Prod
That protracted send off at the end of the season was the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen at the club. Decent servant? Yes. Never a club legend in a million years though

I’m always unsure if you can really use the term ‘servant’ in football when referring to people earning £10k+a month!
Kind of grates on me.
"Don’t hang about here, its decidedly unhealthy"
16:04, Wed 13 Jun
JCL
It's done to appease the fans. Same as giving Davis an extension. 2 cheap moves to curry favour with the blue hordes. Monk spoke about keeping Robbo , I was hoping it was just a little end of season hubris and he got carried away. Fecking Robbo has probably hassled poor Monk, non stop since the Fulham game
DES
VILLA WAS ABSOLUTELY TOP DRAWER,
Kro
18:34, Wed 13 Jun
Why Gillingham?
DES
18:40, Wed 13 Jun
So pleased for robbo and great for the kids that he can pass on his attributes of 100% commitment!
Kro
19:19, Wed 13 Jun
Pigeon

:D(*)
I bet Richard Beale is chuffed at the prospect of being undermined until Christmas before getting the sack.
19:24, Wed 13 Jun
Dear God, can he just not feck off and leave us alone
What did the Knights in White satin?
19:49, Wed 13 Jun
The state of this thread.
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
19:56, Wed 13 Jun
Well thought of at the club, amongst those who actually know him and work with him on a day to day basis.
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
SteveCherry
if he does well at Blues I can see him going to a lower league club to cut his teeth management wise. Somewhere like Gillingham.

Or the vile. Calling agent Robbo (tu)
DB
22:20, Wed 13 Jun
Robbo! Robbo! Robbo!
The Usual Suspect
00:23, Thu 14 Jun
DB
I know Robbo, & you can rest assured, this is a very good appointment (unless you’re Damian Johnson). Richard Beale is a very good, guy, too. I honestly believe we have the best managerial & coaching team in place since Trevor’s reign. We also have one of the top ten Academies in the UK. Better than that bankrupt lot down the road.

The future is bright, it’s Orange, I mean Royal Blue.
Even after all this time, if I played word association and someone said 'Paul Robinson' I would say 'West Brom'. I don't see him as Blues but just as a guy who played one really long, arguably passionate, mistake laden season with us. It was long because it lasted six years.