DES
18:37, Wed 13 Jun
1962 World Cup received zero publicity in England so it wS 66 that kicked it all off! Loved every second!
1970 we had even better team but sadly lost after being 2.0 up v Germany!
Still makes me sad thinking about how we should have reached second final, and with banks back fit( bonnetti played like Colin Doyle in Q.F) who knows what might have happened!
Kro
18:40, Wed 13 Jun
Remember staying up when i was 8 to watch the 2006 final but thats it
so Technically ive only seen England win one game at the world cup 8-)
18:49, Wed 13 Jun
'78 and loved the World Cup since.
19:04, Wed 13 Jun
Yeah the dutch were the peoples choice :D
19:06, Wed 13 Jun
France 98. My first memory is that Michael Owen goal against Argentina. I have clear memories of David Beckham getting sent off (and hating him for it) and David Batty missing a penalty.

The rest of the tournament is a blur as I was only 8
19:07, Wed 13 Jun
1966 for me I was enthralled by it all .
19:11, Wed 13 Jun
Argentina 78

Ticker tape,itv music, adidas Argentina top (best football top ever) Peru top and everything about it,that world cup had coruppution the lot..

On a side note really gutted after 1982 as I could never wear that Argentina top again due to political circumstances at the time..
19:13, Wed 13 Jun
78 Argentina was the first that I remember, though the first special one for me really was 82 in Spain (cos it was the first one in my lifetime England had qualified for).

Belter of a tournament, and Trevor Francis was the best England player by a long way.

I genuinely believe England could have won it that year if it hadn't been for the bizzare format which saw a "second group stage". England left the tournament after 5 games undefeated and having conceded only one goal.
19:15, Wed 13 Jun
You could wear it in Scotland :D
Nj
19:24, Wed 13 Jun
Spain 82 was the first one but I remember Mexico 86 more. Socrates penalty against Poland always stands out to me. Oh and of course the game against Argentina
19:29, Wed 13 Jun
First World Cup I remember was Argentina 1978 and Kempes. Best World Cup for me was Italia 1990. England deserved to win that World Cup for me and were so unlucky in the semis against the Germans
19:34, Wed 13 Jun
TuttoCalcio
Mexico 1970. Brilliant.

Was certainly the best Final of all time, Brazil got to keep that trophy forever as it was their third win …....but England had done well , then Bonetti had an absolute mare and even the late, great Jeff Astle wasn't at this best ….they had tried to frame Bobby Moore for a diamond theft as well in a pre tourno trip to Colombia....Bobby Moore's excellently timed tackle v Brazil was a classic response....and Banksie's legendary save from Pele in the very same game is still drooled over to this day

1966 was my first WC…...not long after I was toilet trained and used my first real WC

'Out Of Time' by Chris Farlowe was the Number One record when England lifted the trophy
19:35, Wed 13 Jun
Nj
I have some vague memories of the 1974 WC in West Germany. Certainly the final when Wolverhampton referee Jack Taylor awarded the Dutch a penalty before any German player had touched the ball. Also that year there was that hilarious incident when the Zaire player ran out from a defensive wall and just wellied the ball away :D
19:42, Wed 13 Jun
Squatnose
I have some vague memories of the 1974 WC in West Germany. Certainly the final when Wolverhampton referee Jack Taylor awarded the Dutch a penalty before any German player had touched the ball. Also that year there was that hilarious incident when the Zaire player ran out from a defensive wall and just wellied the ball away :D

Johann Cryuff was absolutely awesome during 74

I'm sure 74 was when Holland blitzed the Argies 4-0 in the earlier rounds …..there was another excellent player who could thunder the ball in to the net from long range named Johnny Rep....the Dutch had a few good long range shooters that year....but the Germans seem to have always produced some good ones too ever since
19:49, Wed 13 Jun
The Argies had it in for England in a football sense from before the Falklands.

Their most successful early clubs were formed by English immigrants, Alumni being the most successful club they had for years.

The locals didn't like it and set their own teams up, they were envious of the English standard.

Rosario Central are still about now and they were one of the English origin clubs.

Angels With Dirty Faces by Jonathan Wilson is well worth a read.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
19:54, Wed 13 Jun
Mexico 86 for me. Linekers hat trick still fresh in the memory
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
19:55, Wed 13 Jun
Oh yeah to answer the question, 98 properly. No proper memory of 94.

I remember running home from school to watch Scotland v Brazil I think :D
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
20:03, Wed 13 Jun
B13blues
74 final West Germany v Netherlands

This. I stopped off at my uncles after going to mass.
Sunday afternoon.
Goodbye says it all.
20:05, Wed 13 Jun
TuttoCalcio
Mexico 1970. Brilliant.

This.
zxcv said on P&S punishment...

"I am not going into detail but just to say i can see why your confusing things, NONE of that is applicable and not what you think it is.

All i will say just wait and you will see i am right. The embargo will be lifted in January and we will buy two 6 million pound forwards."
20:22, Wed 13 Jun
Hand of God,then spent the whole of August, up on the rec trying to replicate Diego's magic.
I can't remember it, but still have a mug from 82 Espana. The mascot is called Naranjito, an orange with football boots.
DES
VILLA WAS ABSOLUTELY TOP DRAWER,
Kro