Re: St. Andrew's and Wast Hills naming rights

JCL replying to Brother Tam, the deep fat friar
11:04, Thursday 14 June 2018
Indeed,

I’m off down the TT!

We can now try to make some kind of link up to the Isle of Man and get some motorbikes down there.

Also will make us a major attraction to Audi, so I expect a big shirt sponsorship to come off the back of it plus new team cars for all first team squad.
Well I suppose I'll have to escape eventually, but I'm not quite up to it at the moment
Tweet Topic

El Mayor replying to CheswickBlue
11:14, Thursday 14 June 2018
CheswickBlue
Espana
Surprised it is called TTA given that we are told that they do not want to be part of this long term

Would like to hear Mayor’s take on this to be fair...

Easiest way to take control of the company is to buy TTA rather than the shares...

Just cos it's named TTA doesn't mean the same people will be in control of the company ;)
[www.protipster.com] [www.almajir.net]

Ren Xuandong doesn't work for TTA, and TTA aren't the people putting money into BCFC...
Tweet Topic

StechyBlue replying to Birmingham City
11:31, Thursday 14 June 2018
Linked Image
Tweet Topic

StechyBlue replying to The Birmingham Power Shift 2.0
11:36, Thursday 14 June 2018
The Birmingham Power Shift 2.0
Hmm.

Naming our stadium Trillion Trophy is laughable isn’t it? The piss take is endless.

I wouldn’t have minded something a bit more sensible.

I wonder if the director will be a fella called, Juan Trophy ?
Tweet Topic

fairkop replying to StechyBlue
11:57, Thursday 14 June 2018
Im glad obviously that thyve kept the St Andrews and mereley appended their name to it .
But Trillion Trophy ?? These Chinese guys are a bit prone to go too far and a sense of decorum seems to be totally absent (as does irony in all or any of its forms).

Just waiting for the Vilers to start now --at last weve given them something to take the pi$$ about with a self inflicted wound
Tweet Topic

notts_blue replying to Brother Tam, the deep fat friar
12:02, Thursday 14 June 2018
Wasn't Trillian that blonde bird off Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?

Sandra Dickinson. Who was married to Peter Davison, who played the Doctor Who that she was in as well. Her daughter is married to David Tennant. Who was Doctor Who.
QB on Morrisey:"Imagine there's a person you've never met but whose songs you liked when you were a teenager and then years later he turns out to be a bit of a bellend..."
Tweet Topic

BromsgroveBlues replying to fairkop
12:19, Thursday 14 June 2018
fairkop
Im glad obviously that thyve kept the St Andrews and mereley appended their name to it .
But Trillion Trophy ?? These Chinese guys are a bit prone to go too far and a sense of decorum seems to be totally absent (as does irony in all or any of its forms).

Just waiting for the Vilers to start now --at last weve given them something to take the pi$$ about with a self inflicted wound

Let them have their 5 seconds from all their misery of this summer, which has only just got started!
Tweet Topic

Noel Blake's Headbutt replying to fairkop
12:22, Thursday 14 June 2018
fairkop

Their fans trying to take the piss out of a club that is generating money and pays it's tax bills on time? They have no reason to gloat.
Tweet Topic

Musername replying to Noel Blake's Headbutt
12:29, Thursday 14 June 2018
As long as the statement is true and funds are given to Monk then I have no problem with this.
Tweet Topic

John_Smullen replying to Macho Man Randy Savage
12:49, Thursday 14 June 2018
Macho Man Randy Savage
Do any blues fans even call it St Andrews?

I just call it 'down the blues'.

There used to be a bloke on another board called, Stan Drews.
Never give someone the opportunity to waste your time twice.
Tweet Topic

rocksteddie replying to Macho Man Randy Savage
12:55, Thursday 14 June 2018
Macho Man Randy Savage
Do any blues fans even call it St Andrews?

I just call it 'down the blues'.

This
Tweet Topic

Tony Hancock replying to El Mayor
13:08, Thursday 14 June 2018
El Mayor
CheswickBlue
Espana
Surprised it is called TTA given that we are told that they do not want to be part of this long term

Would like to hear Mayor’s take on this to be fair...

Easiest way to take control of the company is to buy TTA rather than the shares...

Just cos it's named TTA doesn't mean the same people will be in control of the company ;)

It would suggest though, that TTA are putting their money in / showing commitment.

Naming the ground St. Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium, isn't going to be a successful advert for TTA. It's not going to increase their sales. If it could, it'd probably do more harm than good, as our friends in B6 would more likely boycott.

It does bring us back to your other post though, which I understand to mean, any money paid by TTA over what the League considers to be fair value, will be considered by the League as a donation, which won't get around FFP rules.
Tweet Topic

Tony Hancock replying to notts_blue
13:10, Thursday 14 June 2018
notts_blue
Wasn't Trillian that blonde bird off Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?

Sandra Dickinson. Who was married to Peter Davison, who played the Doctor Who that she was in as well. Her daughter is married to David Tennant. Who was Doctor Who.

I didn't know that. thumbs up
Tweet Topic

Jim replying to Tony Hancock
13:27, Thursday 14 June 2018

it'd probably do more harm than good, as our friends in B6 would more likely boycott.

You genuinely believe that a commercial tie-up with Birmingham City will have a negative impact on a company's profitability because of the power of the Pink (and baby blue) Pound?

Goodness, we need to keep this brilliant piece of financial analysis secret from all those companies that currently have links with Blues.

8-)
Tweet Topic

B13blues replying to Birmingham City
13:51, Thursday 14 June 2018
Good job they never named it after Dragon Villa so could've been a lot worse
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to B13blues
13:54, Thursday 14 June 2018
B13blues
Good job they never named it after Dragon Villa so could've been a lot worse

Good point! St Andrews Dragon arena would have been w*nk! ;)
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

Predator replying to Birmingham City
14:36, Thursday 14 June 2018
I’m pleased with it tbf they’ve kept St Andrews in the title and helps us with FFP.
Tweet Topic

Tilton shark replying to Predator
15:11, Thursday 14 June 2018
It will always be St Andrews and I doubt any of us would ever call it by this new name.

I just dont want to hear the full name on TV or radio as that will start to annoy me. Why? cos I just dont like it.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
Tweet Topic

number8 replying to Tilton shark
15:12, Thursday 14 June 2018
Well you will, because that's what has been paid for. If they don't say it, I'm pretty sure that defeats the object of helping with FFP etc.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
Tweet Topic

SkyDaz replying to The Birmingham Power Shift 2.0
15:40, Thursday 14 June 2018
Hmm.

Naming our stadium Trillion Trophy is laughable isn’t it? The piss take is endless.

I wouldn’t have minded something a bit more sensible.

I'd bet no one has won a trillion trophies however renaming it the 'Four Trophies Stadium' would probably have incurred more derision.
(I'm going for League Cup, Autoglass, Leyland Daf and Carling but expect to be corrected)
Tweet Topic

montypenguin replying to e17blue
15:52, Thursday 14 June 2018
Totally agree - who gives a monkey's, everyone will continue to refer to it as St Andrews anyway, money for old rope if you ask me.

Probably some pedantic feck on Sky Sports will be use the full name but that won't last long (it's too much of a mouthfull)
Tweet Topic

Brother Tam, the deep fat friar replying to number8
16:15, Thursday 14 June 2018
number8
Well you will, because that's what has been paid for. If they don't say it, I'm pretty sure that defeats the object of helping with FFP etc.

I haven't got a problem with it, if it helps the playing side, or steadies the financial ship. I'd have preferred it not to have changed from St Andrews to anything really, but they've kept the 'St. Andrews' bit - I think I'd have been fed up if they hadn't.

Trillion Trophy is a mad name really, but it's a bit of a mad club, so we should be fine with that.

If anyone asks, we can tell them it's been named as a tribute to Villa's overdraft.
The belle of St Trillions
Tweet Topic

Brother Tam, the deep fat friar replying to Brother Tam, the deep fat friar
16:18, Thursday 14 June 2018
We could always amalgamate the name - St Trillions. Got a certain something about it.... :P

Linked Image
The belle of St Trillions
Tweet Topic

B13blues replying to Brother Tam, the deep fat friar
16:22, Thursday 14 June 2018
:D
Tweet Topic

Tony Hancock replying to Jim
16:47, Thursday 14 June 2018
Jim

it'd probably do more harm than good, as our friends in B6 would more likely boycott.

You genuinely believe that a commercial tie-up with Birmingham City will have a negative impact on a company's profitability because of the power of the Pink (and baby blue) Pound?

Goodness, we need to keep this brilliant piece of financial analysis secret from all those companies that currently have links with Blues.

8-)

Not especially, but I do think if we were sponsored by Pepsi, then more Villa fans would stop drinking it, than Blues fans start drinking it. There's more of them.
Tweet Topic

The Birmingham Power Shift 2.0 replying to Brother Tam, the deep fat friar
16:53, Thursday 14 June 2018
I've just told people it's because we're the only Midlands club who's won a trophy this century, we wanted a name that fitted that status.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to The Birmingham Power Shift 2.0
17:04, Thursday 14 June 2018
I've just told people it's because we're the only Midlands Birmingham club who's won a trophy this century millenium, we wanted a name that fitted that status.

Get it right H.

also, Leicester are a Midlands club
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

El Mayor replying to Tony Hancock
17:08, Thursday 14 June 2018
Tony Hancock

It would suggest though, that TTA are putting their money in / showing commitment.

Naming the ground St. Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium, isn't going to be a successful advert for TTA. It's not going to increase their sales. If it could, it'd probably do more harm than good, as our friends in B6 would more likely boycott.

It does bring us back to your other post though, which I understand to mean, any money paid by TTA over what the League considers to be fair value, will be considered by the League as a donation, which won't get around FFP rules.

You're making the assumption they're actually putting physical cash in, when what this is is moving figures around in a set of accounts. It's not extra money.
[www.protipster.com] [www.almajir.net]

Ren Xuandong doesn't work for TTA, and TTA aren't the people putting money into BCFC...
Tweet Topic

The Birmingham Power Shift 2.0 replying to Bluesince62
17:26, Thursday 14 June 2018
Apologies, they won't be switched on enough to realise though so it's ok.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
Tweet Topic

Jameron Cerome replying to Birmingham City
17:30, Thursday 14 June 2018
I'm not too fussed by this to be fair.
They kept St Andrews at the start of the name, and the name shows our intentions of getting a trillion trophies in 1 season under our new owner, Kim Jong Un.
Tweet Topic
  • Handmade Turned Items
    Looking for a unique gift? Browse our website for handmade turned items.
  • Advertisement
  • Advertise your Small Business
    By becoming a SHA sponsor you can advertise your small business to thousands of Brummies for just pennies a day.
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »