20:37, Wed 11 Jul
J
It's just confirmed what everyone knew before the tournament started: England aren't good enough to win it. They've gone further than might have reasonably been expected and have done themselves proud.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
20:39, Wed 11 Jul
ITV are a jinx.
20:39, Wed 11 Jul
Very true.

I have to say that Croatia, apart from the Argentina game, have been effing awful in their game plan. They've 'not lost' rather than tried to win if that makes any sense.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
20:40, Wed 11 Jul
2 shots in 120 minutes, England seemed to be content with passing the ball back to Pickford at every opportunity.

Still, they did well to go so far.

We play Croatia again soon don't we in the Nations league?
It’s pretty marginal. Croatia aren’t that good. Amazing they might win it.
Harry Kane rolls the ball to Sterling and we are 2-0 up within half an hour
20:41, Wed 11 Jul
Rather go out like that compared to someone missing a penalty
20:41, Wed 11 Jul
I hope anyone who banged on about Rashford being miles better than Sterling saw how we played after that changed happened. We never threatened again after he went off.

Brilliant tournament for us, sad it had to end.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
20:42, Wed 11 Jul
Harry Kane rolls the ball to Sterling and we are 2-0 up within half an hour

And Croatia could have won it at the end of normal time. That's football
20:43, Wed 11 Jul
We have som3 good young layers coming through. Let’s hope we continue to compete.
20:43, Wed 11 Jul
You say that, but did we change our formation or tactics when putting those players on?

It's all very well saying the 'B' team aren't good enough, but asking players like Rashford or Vardy to play in the same roles as sterling et Al is an invalid comparison.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
20:45, Wed 11 Jul
As Blues fans we are better equipped than anyone to deal with tonight's disappointment.
20:45, Wed 11 Jul
The real disappointment is that the tournament looked wide open with so many of the big boys imploding and nobody looking unbeatable. You have to think there's a chance in those circumstances. There's been some good games but there's been no 1970 Brazil; every team is flawed.

Not a vintage WC for me.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
20:46, Wed 11 Jul
And now we can play or reserves against Belgium reserves again
20:48, Wed 11 Jul
Rail
As Blues fans we are better equipped than anyone to deal with tonight's disappointment.

This. I literally felt miffed for 20 seconds. When we lost 3-0 to Derby in January I was fuming for hours.
20:50, Wed 11 Jul
Why not? More entertaining than most I can remember.
20:54, Wed 11 Jul
Who called it.... The itv superstition.

I reckon we were poor for that second. A wayward back header flick and your man's on it like a shot.

Good effort, not gonna upset me too much I believe losing to France would have been more painful and I reckon France would have ripped us apart. I've said it all tournament we haven't really had a proper test bar Columbia
I don't think we are good enough yet in many areas. We don't have a game changer in my opinion like a Ronaldo to drive us forward. I don't think rashford did much when he came on we were way too deep by then. It's a shame but we've done well and it's kept the withdrawal at bay whilst the blue are prepping to storm the championship next season :D
20:56, Wed 11 Jul
We were told Rashford could play that role better in any event. That was bollocks.

In any event, Rashford was nowhere near as effective.

But I am just having a bit of a troll, overall we should be proud of all of them. Semi finals is an amazing effort.

I also hope France batter them as I had them to win it before the tournament started.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
20:59, Wed 11 Jul
In the grand scheme of things I thought everything after quarters was a bonus. In reality, we could've won tonight. Stupid of the players to mentally try to defend for 85 minutes, especially after defending both goals very badly.

Croatia are probably a better team than us on paper, but we had them on the ropes and threw it away.

Still, I'll take a 3rd or 4th place for sure.
21:01, Wed 11 Jul
Way off the pace, Modric and Peresic are way above what we have. Kane found out although his supply was woeful. Gutted.