DB
07:53, Thu 12 Jul
Does anyone actually watch this one? You'll have to forgive me, I'm post Italia 90 so this is new to me. To me, it sounds like a complete load of balls and I'll probably give it a miss but if it's the done thing then I'll stand corrected...
The Usual Suspect
07:54, Thu 12 Jul
DB

lost that as well
DB
08:06, Thu 12 Jul
God you're insufferable. When's the next Welsh defeat? Or in other words, when's the next Welsh international?
The Usual Suspect
08:07, Thu 12 Jul
Personally I think it should be scrapped....it is a non event in all honesty

It's heartache enough for any nation to lose the semi, I'm sure the players, coaches, backroom staff etc would probably all like to get home ASAP

The only one I ever watched in whole was our 1990 loss to Italy

Ironically Belgium again Saturday and I'm sure he'll give a chance to all the players who were not involved so far, Butland is one of them with Pope replacing him at some point , Loftus Cheek, Alexander Arnold, Welbeck and Cahill should get another shot

I think he will stick with Kane for the Golden Boot final run-in

Harry Kane leads Lukaku by 2 goals but if either of them don't play or score , both Griezmann and Mbappe could tie with a hat trick for France in the Final

The boot isn't Harry's just yet
08:11, Thu 12 Jul
DB
Pointless game. I'll go the pub as i usually do on a saturday and hope all the divs that have been clogging the bar up for the England games stay at home.
DES
08:16, Thu 12 Jul
Ribeye
Pointless game. I'll go the pub as i usually do on a saturday and hope all the divs that have been clogging the bar up for the England games stay at home.
Think you mean all the ordinary folk who have been enjoying themselves don’t stop a grumpy git from drinking on his own!
Kro
08:21, Thu 12 Jul
DB
DB
God you're insufferable. When's the next Welsh defeat? Or in other words, when's the next Welsh international?
Take no notice of his childish wind-ups Deebs.

To answer your original question, I can’t imagine many real football fans giving a toss about the play-off. Sure the Johnny-come-latelys who get all excited once every 20 odd years when we do OK in a tournament will be organising Play-Off BBQs and tthe like for Saturday afternoon, but I bet the players and the backroom staff wish they were on the first flight out of Russia this morning..

I remember Blues playing in a 3rd/4th Place Play-Off in the FA Cup in 1972. We beat Stoke on penalties after a boring 0-0. Don’t think it was done before (certainly not four years earlier in 68) nor ever again (definitively not three years later in 75, although they may have given it another go in 73). Basically it was just a glorified pre-season friendly, and the only reason there was a decent crowd was that we were starting our first season back in Div 1 the following Saturday and everyone was pumped up about that.

I’ll be on a ferry back from Roscoff to Plymouth on Saturday afternoon, and won’t be able to drink because of having to drive when we get back, so if they’ve got it on the telly it’ll help to pass a couple of hours, but I might just go and have a kip in the cabin instead.

To sum up ...

MEH!
Proudly boring Oldham since 2006 and ZLAMMER since 2013
08:24, Thu 12 Jul
DB
Utterly pointless game. I hope and expect it will be the Belgian reserves against the English reserves again and don’t care about the result.
08:27, Thu 12 Jul
DB
DB

Once Bale gets a little older you won't see Wales at a tournament for another 50 odd years.

England not qualifying for a tournament will always be more relevant than Wales qualifying for one.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
08:28, Thu 12 Jul
Who manages Wales these days ??

Seriously, I have no clue
08:29, Thu 12 Jul
both Semi finalists pal
08:33, Thu 12 Jul
Is it Craig Bellamy? It's an ex player.

Might be Giggs.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
08:34, Thu 12 Jul
ZLAMMER
both Semi finalists pal

We are, I'm completely 100% right though and you know it.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
08:36, Thu 12 Jul
maybe :)

meanwhile Croatia 2-1 England

gotta hurt.
09:01, Thu 12 Jul
It's not the result that hurts, they're a very good and experienced side.

It's the feeling of loss that such an amazing summer feels over. The country pulling together and uniting behind the most likeable team in decades.

What a fantastic ride.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
09:05, Thu 12 Jul
(tu)
11:58, Thu 12 Jul
No feeling of loss here, they did as well as they could, just fetched up short against a better side on the night. Don't get some of the angst.
As for Saturday, looking forward to it. End of the World cup for me really, all my interest goes when we are out so not even that fussed about watching the final, though I probably will.
Still a fantastic summer and world cup.
zxcv said on P&S punishment...

"I am not going into detail but just to say i can see why your confusing things, NONE of that is applicable and not what you think it is.

All i will say just wait and you will see i am right. The embargo will be lifted in January and we will buy two 6 million pound forwards."
12:09, Thu 12 Jul
The good thing is that England have had a good run, gone further than expected and blooded some good young players for the future.

In previous years we've struggled to get out of the group stages, but we finally look like we're building into a good set up.

It also means I haven't had to watch or listen to Wimbledon and the preseason friendlies start today for blues.
13:00, Thu 12 Jul
Keep on forgetting this game even exists.

Was wondering why they weren't on the first plane home last night.

Totally pointless.
13:23, Thu 12 Jul
WorcsAzul
Utterly pointless game. I hope and expect it will be the Belgian reserves against the English reserves again and don’t care about the result.

Personally, I would give the winner of the third place playoff automatic qualification into the next world cup, make it worth playing for.