22:15, Wed 8 Aug
You know how we love to take the piss out of the Villa? How we are better fans. That they are arrogant, have a senses of entitlement, nothing visceral about their support etc.

Whilst all of that is true, we are turning into a load of fannies.

The shit about the new signings, especially Camp has been shameful. Not only that but ignorant and ill informed. That Warnock bloke. I think we all agree he knows a thing or two about football. He’s signed Camp not once, but twice

500 games at this level, at good solid clubs. You would think we were signing the bastard child of Roger Hansbury and Douglas Bader judging by some of the comments.

Do the rest of us a favour lads and stay away if you are intending to give Camp, Bogle, Ndoye or whoever your little brain deems to be not good enough for our world conquering galacticos the benefit of your incredible and encyclopaedic football knowledge

Keep right on. Shit on the Villa and up the effing Blues
Sergio Lives
22:17, Wed 8 Aug
I fully endorse that.
😍
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
22:18, Wed 8 Aug
👍👍👍👍

I find that this forum is a bad representation though. I speak to real people in the real world and they're chuffed with the signings. People just love a good whinge on the internet.
22:18, Wed 8 Aug
Alright Gary.
22:19, Wed 8 Aug
You’ll do for me cocker. TU.
22:19, Wed 8 Aug
It’s Garry.
Sergio Lives
22:21, Wed 8 Aug
I get your point generally but what a lot of people fail to see is that having a whinge on here or on social media doesn’t translate to not supporting the team.

I don’t think I’ve ever booed a Blues player, certainly not one that’s giving his all but it’s fair enough to moan on here about our transfer business or players performances as long as you get behind them.

For the record I’m quite excited by Mahoney and Bogle, and think Camp is a poor signing but regardless, I’ll be there on Saturday cheering all 3 on.

Same as it’s okay to criticise a manager’s selection or subs without automatically wanted him sacked.
22:21, Wed 8 Aug
👍
22:25, Wed 8 Aug
That's a fair point.

But can't help but imagine the new players having a look on here to see what the fans think, and just seeing a wall of proper negative shite.

Appreciate that they shouldn't be bothering with that, but they're only human and it seems off to me to slate a brand new signing who has decided to play for the Blues - online or otherwise. Give the feckers a chance to play a few games!
22:27, Wed 8 Aug
Great Post KRO
22:28, Wed 8 Aug
I just hate them with the passion!, always have and always will, that is what I've become and proud of it..

:)
22:37, Wed 8 Aug
😍
22:57, Wed 8 Aug
Tarquin
The shit about the new signings, especially Camp has been shameful. Not only that but ignorant and ill informed. That Warnock bloke. I think we all agree he knows a thing or two about football. He’s signed Camp not once, but twice...

That’s your view, Tarquin. Plenty of others have a different view. This is a quote from Wales Online. I believe Cardiff is in Wales, so they might be expected to have a view worth listening to.

“Cardiff City misfit Lee Camp has signed a two year deal with Birmingham City. The 33-year-old goalkeeper leaves the Welsh capital in a free transfer having not made a single competitive appearance for the Bluebirds in his year at the club.”

I guess they’re also ignorant and ill-informed, like you say. And Warnock really rated him but never played him, not even in the League Cup. And sold him for zilch.
23:31, Wed 8 Aug
Nothing like giving a player a chance is there?
23:36, Wed 8 Aug
Wasn't Cam injured when Warnock singed him? The incumbent kept him out of the team, that happens.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
DES
23:39, Wed 8 Aug
Tarquin
You know how we love to take the piss out of the Villa? How we are better fans. That they are arrogant, have a senses of entitlement, nothing visceral about their support etc.

The shit about the new signings, especially Camp has been shameful. Not only that but ignorant and ill informed. That Warnock bloke. I think we all agree he knows a thing or two about football. He’s signed Camp not once, but twice

500 games at this level, at good solid clubs. You would think we were signing the bastard child of Roger Hansbury and Douglas Bader judging by some of the comments.

Do the rest of us a favour lads and stay away if you are intending to give Camp, Bogle, Ndoye or whoever your little brain deems to be not good enough for our world conquering galacticos the benefit of your incredible and encyclopaedic football knowledge

Keep right on. Shit on the Villa and up the effing
Yes brilliant summing up Tarq, I saw those comments earlier and thought Fcuk me!
This is criminal slagging someone off before they have even played!
It’s not the way we feckin roll!
Support the shirt!
Kro
23:42, Wed 8 Aug
It’s not as if the incumbent was failing

He got them promoted

Great OP BTW

The thing that annoys me is that people think we are in a position to sign players that are better than what we have.

IMO he isn’t better than our two senior keepers, but we have to make sacrifices to strengthen other areas, even if that’s only to make the squad stronger.

It’s exactly what they will do down the road

It is how it is at the moment
@Bluewurst1875
23:44, Wed 8 Aug
Yep, Warnock signed 3 keepers, and Etheridge played well enough to keep the other 2 out. Camp never got a look in coz he was still injured when he was signed
00:01, Thu 9 Aug
Spot on.
They say I got brains but they ain't doin' me much good.
00:09, Thu 9 Aug
Tarquin

Keep right on. Shit on the Villa and up the effing Blues

👍👍👍👍👍

100% nailed on
Honeydew is the worst part of everything it's in. It's the Jared Leto of fruit.
00:13, Thu 9 Aug
Ditto
I don’t get the whiging either

Any signing has an element of a crapshoot to it
Look at the “names” we’ve signed in the past like Hleb & Gronkjar

Or unknowns like Mags & crocks like Carr
Sometinmes it just doesn’t click for a player at a certain location or set-up

I’d prefer to judge them after they’ve actually played for us
00:28, Thu 9 Aug
Good post mate. Fully agreed.

Dare I say it but maybe too many of our fans have become that obsessed with all things Villa over the summer they're starting to sound like them now.

Come on we are better than that. Garry Monk has been the best thing that's happened to the club in a while. Let's trust his judgement.
01:41, Thu 9 Aug
Best post on here for yonks.👍
05:26, Thu 9 Aug
👍👍👍
07:46, Thu 9 Aug
Absofeckinluteley--Bloody entitled generation
07:53, Thu 9 Aug
I doth my cap sir. Bravo Tarquin.
DB
07:59, Thu 9 Aug
Hi Tarq. Am I allowed down Blues if I fully intend, like most fans I've seen and heard the last few days, to support Camp but are pretty dubious about his record in recent years? Just wanted to double check well in advance for next Fri, cheers!
The Usual Suspect
I agree with the OP - I know that the forum is for moans as well as praise, but the negative vibe can be catching and can even translate to not giving the new players a proper chance if the perception is that they're shit. Give them a chance - I think Monk knows what he's doing, and IMO has earned the right to be supported in his decisions. Yep, it seems daft to let two decent keepers go, but we don't know the full story and Monk won't be doing it just for a laugh.

We also have a goalkeeping coach who is probably better informed about the abilities of a goalkeeper than most of us.
The belle of St Trillions