19:15, Thu 13 Sep
Clapton
Osaka at the time was under the impression the crowd was booing her. So imo it was a decent gesture given Serena’s annoyance with herself the umpire...to make that time to give her some sort of comfort.

At the time It was badly needed as she Osaka didn’t understand what the booing was all about. Let’s not forget it was well known the majority of the home crowd wanted Serena to win.

Whilst her conduct was indeed poor people are under estimating how much pressure Serena was placing on herself to win that tournament. I am in no doubt she’ll be disappointed with the outcome on all fronts.

She let herself down and it will haunt her for the remaining time of her career.

This is the only thing that pleases me from the outcome other than she was fined a pittance
"People are so complex you should know by now"
19:58, Thu 13 Sep
Clapton
Let’s not forget it was well known the majority of the home crowd wanted Serena to win.

not sure why osaka is a new yorker.

Clapton
She let herself down and it will haunt her for the remaining time of her career.

will it f**k, she's self-centred and it wont bother her at all. serena cares about serena not about the sport, dont let her faux-sentiments fool you.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
20:36, Thu 13 Sep
This is a quality video on it

20:45, Thu 13 Sep
Ha ha ha. Oh well, enjoy these videos whilst you can. They will be banned soon - and I don't mean by this forum.
21:01, Thu 13 Sep
Another good piece of work. The language on her towards the end aimed at the ball GIRL.

Women’s rights my arris.
"People are so complex you should know by now"
21:03, Thu 13 Sep
Are people really this bothered about Serena Williams?
21:07, Thu 13 Sep
Probably not but we do like a p1ss take, if it's funny.
21:15, Thu 13 Sep
The cards were funny.

She gets the rules, she just doesn't think they should apply to her, being the (she says) victim of so many things which are irrelevant to the umpire.

She is an extremely wealthy woman. She has her titles, and those are forever.
But I can see TV programs reminiscing about the history of the game, and I bet this get a decent time slot, which I'm pretty sure will annoy her, as she'd rather have footage of her glories played.
21:29, Thu 13 Sep
Tony Hancock
Ha ha ha. Oh well, enjoy these videos whilst you can. They will be banned soon - and I don't mean by this forum.

What do you mean censorship within Youtube? Or Article 13 from the bureaucrats?
21:54, Thu 13 Sep
TiptonBluenose
Tony Hancock

What do you mean censorship within Youtube? Or Article 13 from the bureaucrats?

Youtube has it's moments, heaven knows, but yes I was referring to article 13.

I'm no expert, and I can't be arsed to look into it much, shamefully probably, so this is just my layman's understanding of the gist.

The ruling body decides what does (and crucially was doesn't) infringe copyright.

Such infringements are subject to bans (obviously) AND LEGAL ACTION.

My understanding is, something doesn't even have to be copyrighted - such as Jeremy Corbyn's or Mrs May's likeness. I may not have that, or anything else, correct. These things are usually worded with lots of wriggle room, so I'd expect that.

Reasonable use - such as the clips being shown on this thread, 'could' be - it's up to the ruling body, deemed unlawful.

Anyone showing a clip of someone, they want to debate the point(s) that person was saying, 'could be' deemed to be in breach of the copyright law, and prosecuted. Certainly silenced.

Taking it further, say there was a demonstration. There are twenty plus thousand people there, and all the major media will say, is there 'was up to 1,000, and show a picture of someone being a knob.

Now, there will be videos on line, showing the truth of the matter.
But, with this new law, all someone has to do is play Rick Astley, very loudly in the background of the demonstration, and NOOO. Copyright song. Take that video down.
11:33, Fri 14 Sep
TiptonBluenose
This is a quality video on it

If you ever link me to a video by that utter ballbag Watson again, I will hunt you down.
12:04, Fri 14 Sep
That's the spirit. People should try to learn the difference between approved, and not approved. Thank you for your rational post.
12:10, Fri 14 Sep
Clapton
are under estimating how much pressure Serena was placing on herself to win that tournament. I am in no doubt she’ll be disappointed with the outcome on all fronts.

That's a crap excuse though I reckon.

The fact that Serena can't handle losing and puts herself under pressure to the point where she acts like an arse is nobody's fault but her own.

She shouldn't be given leeway for being a baby.