19:29, Wed 12 Sep
Job done against Leicestershire. Now 12 points ahead of second placed Kent, and a further 21 points ahead of third placed Sussex. Last two games are Sussex at Hove and Kent at Edgbaston.
19:31, Wed 12 Sep
Hopefully take a leaf out of Blues book. Two draws will do us.

Would have been fine now but for the weather against Durham
What did the Knights in White satin?
19:36, Wed 12 Sep
It's half way through September and there's still 2 matches to play.

The world's gone mad.
Because of Theresa May's sheer incompetence I've had to change my sig.
Yes it's disgusting the way cricket encroaches on the football season like this. What happened to tradition.
😄

Jim Cumbes would've been knackered.

(You're too young to know who he was.)
Because of Theresa May's sheer incompetence I've had to change my sig.
21:07, Wed 12 Sep
I'm not, dvb and pear !!
21:12, Wed 12 Sep
Lived just up from Auntie Beryl in Little Aston IIRC.
08:56, Thu 13 Sep
How are the Pears fans feeling about promotion / relegation from the CC this year?

Looks like Bears are up & Pears are down.
15:59, Thu 13 Sep
I’m feeling a bit gutted tbh, although only because of our impending relegation.

Most of you lot won’t believe me, but I’m pleased Warwick are likely to go back up, and it would have been nice to have had a couple of Division 1 local derbies (even though it would have been less fun now that Bears/Pears banter is frowned upon on this forum nowadays!)

Unfortunately we need Moeen available to give us any chance at all - I don’t mind him being available for England, obviously, but it was a bit galling to see him warming the bench in the IPL at the beginning of the County Championship season when we needed him to get off to a reasonable start. Then he went and scored 200+ and took 8 wickets, and all of a sudden England wanted him back. Sod’s Law.

Anyway, well done Warwick, and although it would be lovely to mark our first Finals’ Day on Saturday, may I suggest that you don’t wager too much of your hard-earned on us winning the T20 title?
Proudly boring Oldham since 2006 and ZLAMMER since 2013
16:05, Thu 13 Sep
Nice sentiment Sir H.

Unfortunately, the winning County Cricket formula is to have a team of non internationals and a demon bowler as your overseas player
16:05, Thu 13 Sep
IanT
😄

Jim Cumbes would've been knackered.

(You're too young to know who he was.)
I’m not, sadly.

The Pears had a bit of a tradition of using football players in the 60s and 70s - Jim Standen (West Ham goalie), Cumbes (who also played for the Bears as well as Villa and West Brom) and Ted Hensley (Sheffield Utd midfielder/defender).
16:07, Thu 13 Sep
Indeed - I don’t think Worcester could afford Morne Morkel though!
DES
17:31, Thu 13 Sep
Ian T
Standee won fa cup & cc same year 64.!
His fielding was regarded as world class back then.
Kro
17:38, Thu 13 Sep
DES
DES
Ian T
Standee won fa cup & cc same year 64.!
His fielding was regarded as world class back then.
Kro
You’re right DES. I was only 7 at the time but I remember the Cup Final and also following Worcester’s march to the CC in the papers. I’ve got a feeling that Standen was an all-rounder who bowled military medium.

Edit: just looked him up and he was definitely a bowler rather than an all-rounder. 313 first class wickets, and topped the Worcester bowling averages in 64 when we won the CC. Nearly 90 catches as well.
DES
17:40, Thu 13 Sep
You’ve got it!
Standee said hammers left winger Johnny Sissons was on £20 a week plus bonus in 64!! He was poorestbpaid in team as just a kid!
Kro