10:16, Fri 14 Sep
R.E.M it was for me. Still is.
Still love Automatic for the people.
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
10:21, Fri 14 Sep
I know it's not your question, but on a point of order - Automatic For The People is a good album, but Green is much better.

In my etc...
10:28, Fri 14 Sep
There was so much great music kicking around in my teenage years I am struggling to pick out one. On the basis of most played at the time it would likely be between Sons & Fascination/Sister Feelings Call by Simple Minds and Signing Off by UB40. Both released bang in the middle of my teenage years - I seem to recall we often form our favourite band attachment around 15-16 too. I have seen both bands live more than any others too.
10:33, Fri 14 Sep
Yeah, to be fair I would struggle to pick one band.

My musical taste is very varied anyway, so I would struggle to even pick a genre probably.
10:34, Fri 14 Sep
My teenage years were from 80-87 so I went through a multitude of music styles but probably between
The Gun Club and The Cramps for me, although they didn't bring that much out during then The Cramps just about win it.
10:35, Fri 14 Sep
Joy Division.
JCL
10:38, Fri 14 Sep
Was a fan of NiN, Rage Against the Machine, Chilli Peppers. Earlier years were more INXS, Levellers.

Don't really listen to them any more although I do find I still know most of the words, which is annoying as I can't learn a language or remember stuff I get told at work, but lyrics to a song I haven't listened to in 20+years, no problem!
"Don’t hang about here, its decidedly unhealthy"
10:40, Fri 14 Sep
Joy division up there for me, as are the Cramps, the Sisters and new Order and the whole new wave scene (bunnymen, human league, simple minds etc)

In the end, all roads lead to the Ramones.

Everything about them rocked
@Bluewurst1875
...Joy Division/New Order (1979 to 1983)
10:40, Fri 14 Sep
Guns n Roses
10:43, Fri 14 Sep
10cc for me before moving on to Pink Floyd, Supertramp, The Eagles, Dire Straits, Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, U2
10:46, Fri 14 Sep
The Jam.
10:47, Fri 14 Sep
Simple Minds, Depeche Mode, Gary Numan memories of Snobs mid 80s
10:51, Fri 14 Sep
WorcsAzul
There was so much great music kicking around in my teenage years I am struggling to pick out one. On the basis of most played at the time it would likely be between Sons & Fascination/Sister Feelings Call by Simple Minds and Signing Off by UB40. Both released bang in the middle of my teenage years - I seem to recall we often form our favourite band attachment around 15-16 too. I have seen both bands live more than any others too.

I'd add new gold dream album too by the minds
10:55, Fri 14 Sep
LCD Soundsystem
10:58, Fri 14 Sep
KISS. Still is. About 40 years, now.
Sweet .... then moved on to early Queen ... then The Stranglers and then the Cure ... now it’s The Decemberists with honourable mentions to Teenage Fanclub and Del Amitri
11:25, Fri 14 Sep
Some great bands getting mentioned on this thread!

Bluewurst and Mr Miyagi...were either of you at the Joy Division Odeon gig, 24/10/79? If so, would love to swap stories.

Failing that, Sisters at The Powerhouse 26/03/85?
11:30, Fri 14 Sep
How about the Sisters at the Tin Can Club. Doing ABBA's "Gimme Gimme Gimme".

I still listen to a lot of stuff from when I was 15-19. I think for most people , what they were into then stays with them for life.

A venerable man on here once pointed me to a quote by (I think) David Hepworth - "Music occupies time not space".
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.