The FKW press conferences would be hilarious. I wonder if they are going to go with this, it would make going up this year an even bigger imperative for them.
Le Mod
He's announced his retirement from playing today which seems more than a coincidence, so it looks like the 'Dream Team' is genuine. Lovely

Terry will get them organised at back and who wouldn't want to play for a player like Henry, he must be a boost surely?
Might not be the disaster we hope it is
I think over time they both might come good.

But what they really need is promotion this year, and can't see 2 rookies doing it.

Has there ever been a first time manager taking over a club mid-season and getting them promoted?
09:25, Mon 8 Oct
HackneyBlue

But what they really need is promotion this year, and can't see 2 rookies doing it.

Has there ever been a first time manager taking over a club mid-season and getting them promoted?

Zidane did ok in his first job
They might be amazing, they might be shite, it's a big gamble.

Bruce was a good defender and couldn't get them organised, maybe Terry will, who knows.

It's a step into the unknown, I'm happy for them to take the gamble.
@LeMod1875
He did to be fair although in the interest of balance he wasn't coaching Alan Hutton.
@stevanderman
09:27, Mon 8 Oct
I suppose in Villa fans’ minds the comparison between Real Madrid and Villa would be valid, but it isn’t.
09:33, Mon 8 Oct
Their fans favoured Dean Smith over Henry. I think that suggests what they want is a bit of organisation. Someone like Bielsa would be right for them. Your right it could be a success - they have the players - but it could be an utter shambles and Henry and Terry explains their defeat at Rotherham would be good watching.
09:37, Mon 8 Oct
I hope and pray, it's an unmitigated disaster and it has all the attributes, to be just that.

Although, I think they may go for some foreign unknown, who is a puppet of Mendes, allowing him to line his pockets
What did the Knights in White satin?
09:39, Mon 8 Oct
Yep, could easily go either way. But I can't see both of them suddenly becoming a management team a la Clough & Taylor. Terry won't like playing second fiddle.

They - like us to be fair - are only a couple of points off the play offs and with a squad loaded with attacking talent in a league where no one is standing out.

I hope its a shitshow but it could just as easly work out, certainly getting top 6 if not top 2.

If it doesn't work though, and given the salaries they will be paying to that management team, there's a massive FFP issue waiting for them at the end of the season...
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
jefflynneshair
He did to be fair although in the interest of balance he wasn't coaching Alan Hutton.

GPWM
09:48, Mon 8 Oct
newblue
Their fans favoured Dean Smith over Henry. I think that suggests what they want is a bit of organisation. Someone like Bielsa would be right for them. Your right it could be a success - they have the players - but it could be an utter shambles and Henry and Terry explains their defeat at Rotherham would be good watching.

Which is Bruce's forte - not particularly attractive but football based on being organised and playing percentages. I can't see Henry and Terry being better at that than Bruce conversely I can't see them having the tactical and coaching ability to turn them into some sort of championship Barcelona who cut teams to ribbons so effectively they don't need to worry about organisation. They should be looking at someone like Moyes or BFS but of course the fans won't accept that. They all seem to be excited about the prospect of Henry / Terry, I'd say there's a 10% chance at best that this will work, and by work I mean get them promoted this season. Looking at their squad and the fixtures they have coming up to the end of the year this appointment is a massive massive gamble which comes on top of a series of other massive massive gambles.

Let's just hope those spawny feckers don't throw a double six.
09:49, Mon 8 Oct
I can’t see how it isn’t a disaster, what does Henry know about organising a defence? Their defence was woeful under Bruce, I can’t wait to see it under Henry.
09:52, Mon 8 Oct
We're assuming Terry will be there to coach the defenders.

Lampard seems to have settled at Derby but they have been in a more stable state than the Vile this last couple of years. Henry might end up being very good...but it's a massive gamble.

I don't think you can write them off but you can't say it'll work either.

I'd imagine though there will be an announcement soon so whoever it is gets the break to start with. If they leave it too long, it will become more difficult.
Thongs
09:57, Mon 8 Oct
Musername
I can’t see how it isn’t a disaster, what does Henry know about organising a defence? Their defence was woeful under Bruce, I can’t wait to see it under Henry.

Henry as defensive coach and Terry as attacking coach?
JPMckeown90 on Cotts
...looked like the sort of guy who’d buy your mrs knickers from the car boot just to smell them.
10:09, Mon 8 Oct
John Terry will be there to further the career of John Terry.
@LeMod1875
10:13, Mon 8 Oct
Oh yeah, that's a given. If I was Henry, the last bloke on earth I think I'd want directly underneath me would be Terry.
Thongs
10:17, Mon 8 Oct
HackneyBlue

Zidane did ok in his first job

Did he?

Mind you, that’s about equivalent to managing that lot?
@Bluewurst1875
10:21, Mon 8 Oct
Roy Keane did okay as well.

Got a feeling Terry will be pretty good as a leader in the dug out, hope I'm wrong mind.
The logical thing would be to give Allardyce a contract to the end of the season with a huge promotion bonus in. Have an agreement that he will leave at the end of the season even if promoted and they can build what they want to do from a Premier League base.

Won't happen though.