Its believed @AVFCOfficial will approach @CelticFC for permission to speak to Brendan Rodgers. Ex-Celt and Villa midfielder Stiliyan Petrov could also have talks. Thierry Henry along with John Terry strongly mentioned.
Yeah saw that earlier.
11:35, Mon 8 Oct
I'd be astonished if Rodgers left Celtic a few months into a season, just can't see it.
@LeMod1875
11:37, Mon 8 Oct
he's ruled himself out today
Le Mod
I'd be astonished if Rodgers left Celtic a few months into a season, just can't see it.

I think he would to be honest. He has done all there is to do up there and he will want the opportunity to be relevant again.
11:43, Mon 8 Oct
Le Mod
They might be amazing, they might be shite, it's a big gamble.

Bruce was a good defender and couldn't get them organised, maybe Terry will, who knows.

It's a step into the unknown, I'm happy for them to take the gamble.
That`s spot on for me, it is a gamble and a big gamble at that.
I think both of them would be a good addition but with an experienced Manager as Henry has in his present job.

I agree with the previous comments about them doing well over time, but as pointed out they do NOT have that time. I just can`t wait to see how this pans out.
Yeah. I still think Bruce would have got them top 6 in the end. But it wasn't sexy enough.

Allardyce would be perfect for this situation.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
Would managing a mid table championship team make him relevant again?? Lower half prem team might make him think but Villa in current predicament will not be an easy sell.
He has ruled himself out this morning.
There will be a lot off hate for me on this but I think managers will see this as a big opportunity. Struggling club with a decent sized ground and rich owners. The SPL is a pointless existence.
zxcv
He has ruled himself out this morning.

Then he said

"you can't rule me out because I have never been asked"
No but he can rule himself out tho
12:01, Mon 8 Oct
zxcv
No but he can rule himself out tho

Heard him on talksport this morning...

Villa one of biggest clubs in Britain need to be back where they belong in the prem..

W@nker lol
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
There will be a lot off hate for me on this but I think managers will see this as a big opportunity. Struggling club with a decent sized ground and rich owners. The SPL is a pointless existence.

This may be true but if they are waiting the next opportunity (Allardyce, Moyes) rather than desperate for a job (Pardew) and have done any sort of due diligence they will see it is becoming a basket case of a club with a toxic environment, an unbalanced squad and is a graveyard for managers.
12:13, Mon 8 Oct
Would all change with success on the pitch, most people who manage football clubs would back themselves to achieve that at Villa. One thing I did notice was that one of the supposed stumbling blocks in appointing Henry was controlover the transfer budget. Will they have one, or is FFP for them not until next year?
12:16, Mon 8 Oct
Agree with all that and also that many will see as a big opportunity.

I see issue being that he would be inheriting an unbalanced under-performing team without any real ability to change it before Xmas and maybe not till next year.

I think the biggest issue is that any incoming big name will be weighing up if they can get them promoted this season - if not then they wont take the job as most will probably know FFP will then kick in and make it unlikely they can invest heavily next summer whilst having to ditch the better players. This then just makes it more likely they wont succeed the following year and maynot want muiltiple championship years of failure on the CV. Plus they will know that the expectation is huge with very little room for manoeuvre.
12:24, Mon 8 Oct
Valencia
Its believed @AVFCOfficial will approach @CelticFC for permission to speak to Brendan Rodgers. Ex-Celt and Villa midfielder Stiliyan Petrov could also have talks. Thierry Henry along with John Terry strongly mentioned.

Saw that Rodgers ruled himself out, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just talk and he actually is interested.

He has a slimey, smug face that was made for Aston Villa.
12:27, Mon 8 Oct
Surely not. He was being linked with Arsenal in the summer. They'll be a few jobs in the premier league if he waits another month.
J
12:28, Mon 8 Oct
I quite like Rodgers. I'll be upset if be ends up there. Will be a good appointment for them.

I'd much prefer Terry and French Terry in charge.
Cheery Chappy Charcy
People who read books are mugs. If it is good enough it will be on TV.
12:30, Mon 8 Oct
J
Rodgers would be a very good appointment for them, agreed he should hold out for a decent Prem job, he'll get one this season if he sits it out.
@LeMod1875