Fortunately not everyone mocks people with the illness
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Rab C Nesbitt

Just trying to lighten the mood a little for those who are
"People are so complex you should know by now"
grandadandthekids
Rab C Nesbitt

Just trying to lighten the mood a little for those who are
By mocking them.
Yeah, that'll work
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
17:16, Tue 9 Oct
Just caught up on this thread.

There is some rank ignorance about the subject . I thought we were more educated these days. People who think this illness is linked to wealth are absolutely neanderthal.
18:15, Tue 9 Oct
barnieeee
Rab C Nesbitt
This thread is symptomatic of the reasons people are wary of speaking out and getting stigmatised.
Well feckin done

They're just bloody ignorant, I just hope they don't have the misfortune of it happening to them or someone close to them so they see its effects fully and understand it properly.

Well said.

Some of the stuff I've seen on this thread is truly frightening.

Read the articles and look at the YouTube clips (Stephen Fry's account of his own experience, including his suicide attempt, is particularly enlightening).
18:25, Tue 9 Oct
There are some po faced bleeders round here today
18:48, Tue 9 Oct
Radio 4 Front Row tomorrow will be worth a listen especially for people like me wot lack understanding and empathy
19:05, Tue 9 Oct
Fat Buddha

Embarrassing yourself here FB.
19:14, Tue 9 Oct
Fat Buddha

Embarrassing yourself here FB.

Not really
19:20, Tue 9 Oct
Truly hope you or a loved one don't ever have to suffer with such severe mental issues.
20:38, Tue 9 Oct
Truly hope you or a loved one don't ever have to suffer with such severe mental issues.

Thanks for your kind wishes but Iā€™m afraid yer a day late and a dollar short
21:33, Tue 9 Oct
Good luck.
21:47, Tue 9 Oct

People who do haven't seen what it can do Rab. Our eldest battles it every day of his life and has done for years.
Watch someone you love go through Hell while you stand by helpless, then mock.
21:56, Tue 9 Oct
šŸ‘
Good luck to the lad, Pez
22:16, Tue 9 Oct
Yes, I wish you and your lad well. I'm sure we all do.

For what it's worth I don't think anyone is belittling the condition, generally.

In Mr Carrick's case, there are some who are sceptical, and people who feel that (all things considered in his case), going into a full blown depression for two years, because he lost a Champion's League final, comes across as a tad of an over reaction.

As in I'd say most people could see why you might be depressed, and would say your problem is a bit more serious.

They are just points of view, Mr Carrick isn't likely to read them, and no-one from what I can tell, is stigmatising the condition, as a neanderthal might.

Best of luck.
02:56, Wed 10 Oct
I can only thank the gods that the Great War and WW2 took place before the western world succumbed to mass snowflakism. Now they were things to be depressed about.
04:54, Wed 10 Oct
You can be brave as a lion and still suffer depression, unfortunately what you have is stupidity, that's even harder to cure.
When someone dies, they don't know they are dead, they don't feel any pain. It's the people around them that suffer and feel the pain.
It's the same with stupidity.
04:56, Wed 10 Oct
Rab and Tony...šŸ‘
09:58, Wed 10 Oct
It's Mental Health Awareness day today.

Maybe an opportunity for some people to have an actual look into what it's like dealing with mental illness, or supporting someone who has a mental illness.
Rags on the new Forum:
"Who on earth still has signatures showing ? ... they're the same every single time ... you've read 'em once then just hide them forever"
10:01, Wed 10 Oct
Holier than Thou reminds me of the comment the Kiwis make every time a New Zealander moves to Australia.