09:25, Wed 10 Oct
JCL
It was number 1 mate. Number 2 was put outt there out of embarrassment, mainly from their dad.
09:26, Wed 10 Oct
Doh lol

Spence is highly rated in the USA and I thought Brook hit him with so many good shots throughout the fight.

Spence lived up to the hype.
09:27, Wed 10 Oct
Fat Buddha
I don’t think Brooke is in the same league as Khan

Agreed. Levels above.

I imagine most people picking Brook are picking Brook because it's cool to hate on Khan
09:33, Wed 10 Oct
Brook was leading in that fight until he ran out of steam at the weight, that's no mean feat since Spence is incredible.

Brook is world class at welterweight, not as good at 147.

Khan has been world class but is slightly past his best, still one of the best British fighters of his generation with some great wins in the States on his record and still very capable.

It'll still be an exciting fight and a tough one to call, neither fighter is 'levels' above the other, they're evenly matched, it's okay to like both.

At 154 you'd have to back Brook's strength, at 147 it becomes more of a lottery and favours Khan's speed, Brook is no slouch though.
@LeMod1875
09:38, Wed 10 Oct
It will be decent but the result will almost be academic as both are past their peak now and probably won't fight for world titles again.

I think if that "rehydration" clause is bollocks as Brook says it is, I'd give him the edge. Khan is always likely to get caught no matter how good he looks at times.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
09:42, Wed 10 Oct
I have to say I do back Khans statement about him fighting Floyd.

Wont happen now you would imagine, but Khan 3-4 years ago was the only fighter at the time that would have caused Mayweather serious problems with his hand speed in my opinion. Plus Floyd wasn't renowned for being a power puncher.

In fact Khan is probably one of if not the quickest boxer on the planet still now.
Steve Cotterill 2005 'I don't want to give Robbie Blake any praise, but he was superb.'

@1981marc
09:53, Wed 10 Oct
He wouldn't have laid a glove on Floyd. Not saying he wasn't the right bloke to fight him at the time, but it would have been one sided.
Thongs
09:57, Wed 10 Oct
Disagree tbh, I'm sure Floyd would have found a way and solved the puzzle but Floyd dominated by using hand speed and controlling range, Khan would have given him serious problems as he was probably the only guy around who had quicker hands, had a reach advantage and was a counter puncher, it would have been a proper chess match. I'm certain that he would have won rounds, not that we will ever know or find out, sadly.
@LeMod1875
10:03, Wed 10 Oct
Le Mod
Disagree tbh, I'm sure Floyd would have found a way and solved the puzzle but Floyd dominated by using hand speed and controlling range, Khan would have given him serious problems as he was probably the only guy around who had quicker hands, had a reach advantage and was a counter puncher, it would have been a proper chess match. I'm certain that he would have won rounds, not that we will ever know or find out, sadly.

This.

There is no doubt Khan would have caused problems. But its a game of opinions.
Steve Cotterill 2005 'I don't want to give Robbie Blake any praise, but he was superb.'

@1981marc
10:19, Wed 10 Oct
I think Floyd would have seen him coming and just moved around and away until an opening appeared - which it would - to put Khan away. But as you say, unfortunately we'll never know. I don't think Floyd avoided him though - Khan never seemed to get the right profile even fighting in America.
Thongs
10:29, Wed 10 Oct
I think Floyd did avoid him to a certain extent, not that we was terrified as such but I think he'd have seen Khan's style, realised it would have been very tricky and also realised he wouldn't have got a whole lot of credit if he beat him anyway, so it was a lose lose situation.

Not sure Floyd had enough power at that time to knock Khan out, would liked to have seen it, it will be consigned to the heap of fights I wish we could have seen, which is growing by the year!

Khan, Brook, Hearn and co have definitely messed up left this one a few years too late though, which is shame.
@LeMod1875
10:34, Wed 10 Oct
Floyd had enough to knock out Hatton who at the time was a hard fighter to put away.
Thongs
10:37, Wed 10 Oct
That is true, but Hatton's style played right into Mayweather's hands.

Khans wouldn't have.

@1981marc
10:41, Wed 10 Oct
Mayweather would beat Khan easily.

There’s a reason he finished undefeated. Khan whilst decent was never ever in that class to beat someone of his standing.
10:42, Wed 10 Oct
Would have been great to see Floyd vs Khan, and like others have said, Floyd was definitely worried about Khan's speed and he would have no doubt caused him problems.
10:47, Wed 10 Oct
Floyd had enough to knock out Hatton who at the time was a hard fighter to put away.

That was a few years earlier and Hatton was made for Mayweather, a come forward fighter with little head movement, Khan stylistically would have posed much bigger problems, I reckon.
@LeMod1875
10:55, Wed 10 Oct
I can see your - and others- point, I just think Floyd would have been too cute for Khan and got him to do what he wanted him to do. Khan has never been a clever fighter, he always gets dragged into things when his abilities mean he never should.
Thongs
11:48, Wed 10 Oct
number8
I can see your - and others- point, I just think Floyd would have been too cute for Khan and got him to do what he wanted him to do. Khan has never been a clever fighter, he always gets dragged into things when his abilities mean he never should.

For me that's why I would always put my hand in my pocket for PPV when Khan is involved, I don't mind at all. A lot of other dross that is served up however I will not.

@1981marc
11:54, Wed 10 Oct
Brook is favourite with skybet
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
11:58, Wed 10 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt
Brook is favourite with skybet

And rightly so.
No future.....