11:56, Wed 10 Oct
The Titlton:

Linked Image
11:58, Wed 10 Oct
Is that him behind the blue square?
12:03, Wed 10 Oct
DES
12:32, Wed 10 Oct
so there was no roof on the tilton in 51 or is that date the wrong on on that pic, anyone kno for sure?

KRO
13:06, Wed 10 Oct
Looks like the queue for the bar in Hennesseys pre match.
@stevanderman
14:23, Wed 10 Oct
DES
so there was no roof on the tilton in 51 or is that date the wrong on on that pic, anyone kno for sure?

KRO

Linked Image
14:26, Wed 10 Oct
Linked Image

Blues TV improving all the time 👏
14:55, Wed 10 Oct

KRO

Linked Image

Still no roof ... 1959

[www.alamy.com]
14:59, Wed 10 Oct
What a sight that is with just the walkways clear of spectators. And grounds up and down the country would've been similar 😳
15:01, Wed 10 Oct
Love those old pics of the old packed out Blues ground !

My grandad and uncles used to tell me about those days, little kids passed down the front, over people's heads, to avoid the crush etc.

Am I remembering right, did Blues 'buy' the old roof from V**e, which was installed at the Tilton ?
15:05, Wed 10 Oct

My grandad and uncles used to tell me about those days, little kids passed down the front, over people's heads, to avoid the crush etc.

Am I remembering right, did Blues 'buy' the old roof from V**e, which was installed at the Tilton ?

I don't think so (not sure) ... but i think when the Kop was re-roofed (roof was destroyed by bombing in the war) i think SOME of the corrugated iron roof came from Villa Park
15:09, Wed 10 Oct
Hitler was a v***a fan. He only bombed the blues and that lot did the salute
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
15:09, Wed 10 Oct

I don't think so (not sure) ... but i think when the Kop was re-roofed (roof was destroyed by bombing in the war) i think SOME of the corrugated iron roof came from Villa Park

I also remember reading once that the old Kop was 110 terraces high and to achieve the height needed the club offered the Coventry Road side as a tip for people to dump their rubbish on which raised about 10% of the building costs.

Early 60s was first time the Tilton Road was covered
15:13, Wed 10 Oct

Well there was a reason .... BSA munitions factory (close to St Andrews) was the main target in Brum for German bombing and we were always going to get some fallout because of that. When the ground was closed during the war it was used as a practice rifle range

The Blues ground was the last in the country to re-open after WWII

By the way .... the old Main Stand wasn't destroyed by a firewatch bloke pouring petrol (mistaken to be water) on a fire caused by bombing ... it was to put out his brazier
15:15, Wed 10 Oct

Well there was a reason .... BSA munitions factory (close to St Andrews) was the main target in Brum for German bombing and we were always going to get some fallout because of that. When the ground was closed during the war it was used as a practice rifle range

The Blues ground was the last in the country to re-open after WWII

By the way .... the old Main Stand wasn't destroyed by a firewatch bloke pouring petrol (mistaken to be water) on a fire caused by bombing ... it was to put out his brazier

Blues ground 1913

Linked Image
15:16, Wed 10 Oct
Site of Blues ground in 1890s before it was built in 1906

[upload.wikimedia.org]

Linked Image
06:51, Thu 11 Oct
Didn't they bomb the large munitions factory in Witton?

If not, conclusive proof that Hitler was indeed a fan.

This appears to have cone down the Royal German bloodline the current Royalty
What did the Knights in White satin?
07:59, Thu 11 Oct
jefflynneshair
Looks like the queue for the bar in Hennesseys pre match.

Is that why you never get a round in?
08:09, Thu 11 Oct
I just don't have the level of influence over the bar staff as you and the rest of the lads seem to have. Working on it though.
@stevanderman
08:20, Thu 11 Oct
Hoof hearted?
Is that him behind the blue square?

😁