DES
15:36, Fri 12 Oct
Good memories Spike, yes the American soccer scene back then was very competitive, one of biggest stars at the time was local lad Steve Hunt ex Vile & Baggies as I recall.
Clough hated Trev playing there and I think Cited it as the root cause of an injury he picked up over at forest later in the season.
Dont recall Sir Alf wanting to sell Joe Gallagher, he said he didnt want to keep an unhappy playrr (TF) Joe idolised the club and was sold against his will to wolves by Jim Smith, who replaced him with a player called Geof Scott, who was in my minds eye nearly as bad (sorry southside) as Ken Armstrong!

KRO
15:40, Fri 12 Oct
Durham Blues
I recall seeing a photo of TF over there wearing a mainly orange kit

that was the home kit. the away kit was white orange and blue. im still looking for a replica kit from his season
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
15:43, Fri 12 Oct
DES
Spurs were in for Gallagher and he was pretty keen to go. Ramsey was happy for him to go as well and the board initially agreed that both Francis and Gallagher could be sold to raise transfer funds - Ramsey didn't rate Gallagher anyway I don't think.

The board bottled it and changed their minds for fear of fan reaction.

To be fair I don't think he wanted to go to Wolves - who can blame him?

But I believe he wanted to go in 78 or whenever it was Spurs were after him.

Edit - by the way, yeah, Geoff Scott was shite.
15:47, Fri 12 Oct
Some of us saw Cruyff at Wembley when Trev made his England debut.

We don't like to mention it though...nor the fact that Krol played as well. We're modest like that.

The train home was rather full as I recall.
15:50, Fri 12 Oct
Looks like his first season was in an Admiral kit and they had switched to Adidas for the second season.

[www.nasljerseys.com]
15:51, Fri 12 Oct
There were bloody loads of Blues there, the club ran a couple of coaches I think. Or the D Club organised it, I can't quite remember. But I know coaches went from St. Andrew's.

I went with my uncle in his car, if I said I went by coach the late great Thongs would come back and haunt me.
16:05, Fri 12 Oct
[www.toffs.com]

No Detroit Express tops
16:08, Fri 12 Oct
Used to have the Argus cuttings on my bedroom wall didn't he have a car named after him over there if I remember
16:12, Fri 12 Oct
As a 11 yr old kid I saw Diego Maradona and Alberto tarrentini play for Argentina against Ireland at landsown road 1979 they’d won the World Cup the yr before. It was maradona first game in Europe he came on as a sub in a 0-0 draw then a few days later he scored against Scotland. Was in Ireland on tour with ccc s from chelmsley wood. Liam Brady don givens plate dfor Ireland
16:50, Fri 12 Oct
Was that the season that Frank said he was later than he meant to be because he had visited Elvis’s grave at Graceland, and it upset him so much?

It’s the sort of thing about Frank that is possibly true but someone made up and it was too easy to believe.
DB
16:51, Fri 12 Oct
A_n_E
$$$$$$$

as an aside, i've got a pair of custom made adidas trainers in detroit express colours and badge with TF's number (20) on the heel

Can you leave them me in your will, Annie? X
The Usual Suspect
16:55, Fri 12 Oct
Yeah, I was there that night.

Embarrassing really - no wonder we didn’t get to the World Cup in Argentina in 78.
Quote Fat Buddha: “I might be wrong ...”
17:12, Fri 12 Oct
DB
DB
Can you leave them me in your will, Annie? X

You've got more chance of finding that unicorn for number8

[ibb.co]
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
18:28, Fri 12 Oct
Want that shirt!
DES
19:04, Fri 12 Oct
Was that the game we lost two nil and Johnny rep got them both?
I’d forgotten that cruyff played!
Wished I had went!
Kro
19:06, Fri 12 Oct
DES
DES
Was that the game we lost two nil and Johnny rep got them both?
I’d forgotten that cruyff played!
Wished I had went!
Kro
. Or even gone ?
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
DES
19:29, Fri 12 Oct
Southside, not like you to be so pedantic, you having flashbacks about kendo Nagasaki !!
I knows it’s awfull!

Kro
19:52, Fri 12 Oct
Paul Hendrie (Lee's dad) left us and went to play fort Portland Timbers, in 1976.
Goodbye says it all.
DES
20:08, Fri 12 Oct
John_Smullen
Paul Hendrie (Lee's dad) left us and went to play fort Portland Timbers, in 1976.
Like father like son orrible arsewipes pair of em!
Kro
20:46, Fri 12 Oct
DES
Jan Peters scored both.I think it might even have been his debut for Holland.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.