10:35, Thu 6 Dec
Best thing to do is just be totally honest, honesty is always the best policy - find her on facebook and explain it's the only way you had time to contact her - what with you being a volunteer top veterinary surgeon with the World wildlife fund, flying out all the time to operate on baby monkeys in Africa and with your work down at the local orphanage, looking after abandoned babies. Say you like her so much your willing to take the night off feeding the homeless in the hope she'll come out with you.
She'll be frothing pal.
Garry Monk’s Comb Over
I’ve got no problem with asking, if it leads to rejection then so be it. I just need to find the least weird way of going about asking her seeing as we don’t see each other on a daily basis.

Maybe I’ve not been clear enough on that bit. Basically unless one of these kind of trips come up again, which is unlikely, then I’m not likely to see her to ask. I also have no idea how or where I’ve heard her name before, so she may think it’s incredibly weird that I know that?

You're going to ask her out, why do you need an excuse to do that? Be confident enough to go and speak to her for that exact reason.
10:37, Thu 6 Dec
oswestryblue
You could go over to her department and ask her if she has seen your phone/wallet/keys (or something you had on the day)you have looked everywhere you have phoned the customer where you was don't know what else to look.

Then take it from there

You can thank me later

"I've lost my phone.... Call me."
10:39, Thu 6 Dec
He must know the office address - same company isn't it?

If he can find her then yes, I would say the xmas card is a really good shout, but beyond that you're pissing in the wind.

Even if he did want to approach her physically, at least social media can give him something to go on to find her.... like where shes's gonna be at 6pm so he can stalk her gym :D (JOKE)
I have no idea what kind of answer I’m looking for, I was just more hopeful that someone would have more expertise than myself.
He who hesitates, masturbates.
You've missed the boat, your ship has sailed. You had the opportunity to ask and you bottled it. Move on and better luck next time.
Was she genuinely enjoying your patter, or just humouring a work colleague?
DES
VILLA WAS ABSOLUTELY TOP DRAWER,
Kro
You could find out where she lives through payroll dept.
Go round her house steal her washing off the line then send her a ransom note made from cut out bits of newspaper demanding she meets you for a date in return for her clothes. If she meets you happy days and if she don’t you get to keep her clobber for dress up/masturbation purposes.

I know this method works as i tried it once and the lady in question turned up where i had agreed to meet her and i would have had a date with her had i not been rugby tackled by a member of wmp and sadly sectioned for 18 months.
10:45, Thu 6 Dec
Totally agree, she either wants it or doesn't, which is why I said don't go chasing.

If she want's it, she'll be in touch.
10:57, Thu 6 Dec
True, but they do work for the same co., so her email address should be fairly easy to figure out.

I still remember asking for a pen behind the bar to take down an 0121 number - no dic pics in them days!!!
11:00, Thu 6 Dec
foghorn leghorn
I have no idea what kind of answer I’m looking for, I was just more hopeful that someone would have more expertise than myself.
He who hesitates, masturbates.
You've missed the boat, your ship has sailed. You had the opportunity to ask and you bottled it. Move on and better luck next time.
Was she genuinely enjoying your patter, or just humouring a work colleague?

Only the OP can answer that, she could just as easily have been a nice girl being friendly to a work colleague.

She could well already be involved with someone...or she could not. She might be single and wish he'd asked her out...she might not. She might be ok with him stalking her on Facebook and messaging asking her out - she might think it's inappropriate and a liberty. She might think that if someone wants to ask her out they should have the courtesy and courage to do it face to face. She might think that somebody going to incredibly complicated lengths to get in touch and ask her out is quirky and cute - she might think it's weird and a bit scary...who knows but her?

It's fine to ask a woman whether - if she's single - she might fancy going out for a drink...some of the advice here is just really odd to me, though other people seem to think it's fine so it could just be me being so old school and so married for so long. I think the risk that you might feel a birrovatit - but there again, something great might happen - is part of the game from what I remember.

And by the way - great line from a great film.
11:01, Thu 6 Dec
Walk over to the office and speak to her, if shes with people ask if you can have a quick word,
Tell her you thought they clicked and shes been on your mind,
ask if you can take her out for a drink.

She will either say Yes or she has a boyfriend. nothing to lose
11:12, Thu 6 Dec
You forgot the:

"I can only meet weekend evenings after I've done my six hour training stint with the British Swimming Squad, preparing for the 2020 Olympics"

I think at that point she'll say yes.
11:19, Thu 6 Dec
True, but they do work for the same co., so her email address should be fairly easy to figure out.

I still remember asking for a pen behind the bar to take down an 0121 number - no dic pics in them days!!!

Jesus, pissing about finding a pen...brilliant!

Wait here love...10 mins later "what were those details again".

.........."Where's she gone"?
11:20, Thu 6 Dec
You forgot the:

"I can only meet weekend evenings after I've done my six hour training stint with the British Swimming Squad, preparing for the 2020 Olympics"

I think at that point she'll say yes.

Correct, might be the clincher 👍
11:44, Thu 6 Dec
This thread is wicked

Just message her on Facebook

Or MAKE a reason for you to bump into her again
If you're still worried about confidence, you could bosh a couple of hundred quids' worth up your hooter before approaching her. Just lay off the Spice
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
11:56, Thu 6 Dec
Cattell Prod
If you're still worried about confidence, you could bosh a couple of hundred quids' worth up your hooter before approaching her. Just lay off the Spice

😂😂😂
12:00, Thu 6 Dec
youll end up talkin the ear off her
Like Spike I am somewhat old, married and thus well out of date on such matters. I have therefore sought some input on your behalf from younger people I know.

Seems the best bet is to pop over to see her, place your hand on her right cheek (No - the one on her face!!) and swipe your hand across her face to the right. She'll know what you want and you don't have to say a word so it will save any awkwardness.
Ask HR where she lives.
12:34, Thu 6 Dec
80 posts in and nobody has asked whether he knows if she likes childish and predictable jokes.

The site's gone Tom
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.