16:21, Thu 6 Dec
Spike
Isn't there some stat that every FA Cup tie Man Utd have played for 8 years has been televised or something? It might even be longer than that.

It is bloody ridiculous.

I think they missed one recently, but the record stood at something absurd like 58 straight FA Cup games at the time.
Chris
Spike
Isn't there some stat that every FA Cup tie Man Utd have played for 8 years has been televised or something? It might even be longer than that.

It is bloody ridiculous.

I think they missed one recently, but the record stood at something absurd like 58 straight FA Cup games at the time.

They did, last year's third round tie against Derby wasn't televised. Reasons stated due to a backlash from the previous year's match being televised which was Man Utd vs Reading in the 3rd Round!
16:48, Thu 6 Dec
BECAUSE...... all those poor fans in Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, South Korea and the Home Counties, how else do you expect them to be able to experience the magic of the FA Cup if they can't see their favourite team play?

Very, very selfish of you.....
JCL
16:59, Thu 6 Dec
LHBlues
MAN UTD V READING

FFS WHY is there a rule that Man Utd have to be on TV can't think of a worse Cup tie...when will we find out our day and time?

I think a lot is due to the fact Sky and BT get all the premiership games, so terrestrial TV doesn’t get the chance to show Live footy with big teams, and like it or Man U are the biggest name.
"Don’t hang about here, its decidedly unhealthy"
17:35, Thu 6 Dec
Assuming moors qualify? I'm going Blackpool next week and I too will be gutted if Blues is Saturday 3pm now
So next year whoever they draw 3rd will unluckily not be televised due to a backlash of United v Reading🙄
17:37, Thu 6 Dec
JCL
No one doubt Man Utd are the biggest team in the World comfortably I'd say it just is a bit annoying them on TV in rubbish cup ties, if they had Woking or Southport yeah fair enough
17:38, Thu 6 Dec
And daftly enough Exeter is a game that should have been on TV that's what the Cup is about
17:39, Thu 6 Dec
Correct
17:39, Thu 6 Dec
Shame the fans won't, they don't want a penny going to the Oystons be a shame if it's Blackpool v Arsenal be Arsenal fans there and that's it
18:24, Thu 6 Dec
Squatnose
Spike

It is bloody ridiculous.

It goes back further than that I'm afraid. January 2005 at home to Exeter City was the last FA Cup game they played that wasn't televised. So much for the "magic of the cup".

Last year 3rd round wasn't televised. Was on a Friday night but not televised.
19:16, Thu 6 Dec
Oldham
You could argue that's their duty as a public broadcaster - to show the game that they can prove will have the highest viewing figures and therefore attractive to the most people.
I'd say that's the duty of a commercial broadcaster.

A public broadcaster should show the more interesting programming and, if necessary, eschewing cheap ratings.
20:04, Thu 6 Dec
Blue Berni
wasn't it man ure who opted out of the cup to play in a world club competition some years back?

That was when little aston got to play Chelsea in final and got well beat. W e all said at the time,that if LA won the cup it wouldn't count because man u wasn't in it😁
20:06, Thu 6 Dec
Man U were forced by the FA to opt out
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
20:12, Thu 6 Dec
It's a frickimg viscious circle. WestHam Blues isn't on telly because we're not popular. We're not popular because we"re not on telly.
20:13, Thu 6 Dec
Our game shouldn't be televised imo
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
21:38, Thu 6 Dec
Spike

It is bloody ridiculous.

They did it for something like 168 ties in a row, until there was such a backlash when their last game against Reading incidentally was broadcast, that they mixed it up a bit.

I like how people always dive in on these threads to look clever about TV ratings. Obviously they're chasing the money but you haven't got a football soul if you think it's ok.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
10:33, Fri 7 Dec
MAN UTD V READING

FFS WHY is there a rule that Man Utd have to be on TV can't think of a worse Cup tie...when will we find out our day and time?

Money money money moneyy MOOONEHHHH!
DES
10:53, Fri 7 Dec
bernie

allegedly it was the FA who thought it would help with a world cup bid (moronic decision in hindsight)

KRO
11:48, Fri 7 Dec
Haircut1000
It's a frickimg viscious circle. WestHam Blues isn't on telly because we're not popular. We're not popular because we"re not on telly.

Dildo & Chopper didn't want people to see all the empty seats in the home areas