10:19, Fri 4 Jan
DES
Don't think I'll bother then with this insight of these two modern musical legends. Anything to do with that Corden tends to get up my snotter anyway.
What it did also show is that they're pretty good musicians. I suppose they were just as boy bands were becoming boy groups. Duran Duran were a full piece ensemble, Bros only had a rhythm section. And by the time they came to Take That the sole contribution was dancing.
[www.nme.com]

A good interview with the director.

Clearly it wasn't a spoof but the most quotable lines came from hours and hours of interview footage edited.
10:06, Fri 11 Jan
bluearmyfaction
What it did also show is that they're pretty good musicians. I suppose they were just as boy bands were becoming boy groups. Duran Duran were a full piece ensemble, Bros only had a rhythm section. And by the time they came to Take That the sole contribution was dancing.

In defence of Take That, Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow became prolific pop song writers/performers.

The irony is Barlow was ridiculed because he couldn’t dance.
10:11, Fri 11 Jan
Did Robbie Williams write any songs? I always thought that Chambers chap did all of his. If he did, then he's gone up slightly in my estimations (albeit still a bit of a bellend)
@LeMod1875
10:17, Fri 11 Jan
Williams co wrote loads with Chambers, most notably Angels, Kids (With Kylie), Millenium, Let Me Entertain You.

As Le Mod said an ego the size of the Chrysler building.
JCL
10:23, Fri 11 Jan
You do need a massive ego to be single frontman, or any band front man.
Imagine it’s hard to strut your stuff to 10’s of thousands of people without fully believing you are awesome, also pretty hard to think you’re not awesome when you have 10’s of thousands of people paying to see you and screaming your name.

I’m not a fan of their music but I respect what they have been able to achieve.

Gary Barlow has written all sorts of musicals and whatnot. Whilst you may not like them or their music, I think it is pretty harsh to say they are not talented. (if anyone has said that)
It's always easier to believe something than understand it.
10:33, Fri 11 Jan
1 Banana
Williams co wrote loads with Chambers, most notably Angels

I think Ray Heffernan would request some of the credit tbf
10:53, Fri 11 Jan
He's credited on them, but Elvis was credited on his singles too.

You can see how Williams' sales drop like a stone as soon as he quit using Chambers. Shows where the real songwriting talent was.
15:07, Fri 11 Jan
bluearmyfaction

You can see how Williams' sales drop like a stone as soon as he quit using Chambers. Shows where the real songwriting talent was.

I’m not 100% sure but I think Williams wrote the lyrics rather than the music.
1 Banana
bluearmyfaction

I’m not 100% sure but I think Williams wrote the lyrics rather than the music.

I am pretty confident he wrote this... bloody hell it's so sh*t, it's so him.

"I'm an honorary Sean Connery, born '74
There's only one of me
Single-handedly raising the economy
Ain't no chance of the record company dropping me
Press be asking do I care for sodomy
I don't know, yeah, probably
I've been looking for serial monogamy
Not some bird that looks like Billy Connolly
But for now I'm down for ornithology
Grab your binoculars, come follow me"

Who ever said "Yeah go on Robbie, I think it's a good idea for you to rap that"?