23:30, Tue 8 Jan
Mark Burchill, absolute madness not to sign him. Looked the real deal at the time, pace, awareness and knew how to finish, seemed a raw talent. Was available for something like 1.2m could have been the difference in us going up if not we would have definitely made on profit on him. Done feck all after he left though, rumours of being on coke but for Blues he looked the dogs.

Gary Bull, another bloke who knew where the net was, can't remember why we didn't sign him permanently but he seemed to bang them in for us at the time and his record at forest was decent.
DES
23:32, Tue 8 Jan
Mark Burch I’ll? Bit of overkill here, he scored couple of goals on loan then demanded double the wages previously agreed, Trev wouldn’t have it!
23:35, Tue 8 Jan
DES
I thought your pals Gold & Sully wouldn't cough up the pennies for the transfer fee?

I was at WHL when him and Dele ripped Tottenham to shreds in the cup.
23:38, Tue 8 Jan
Ribeye
I thought your pals Gold & Sully wouldn't cough up the pennies for the transfer fee?

"...and in September 2000 he moved to Birmingham City on a three-month loan, making his debut in a 2–0 home win over Tranmere Rovers.Burchill went on to score five goals in 17 games (10 as a substitute) during the spell.Birmingham wanted to complete the deal but were unable to agree personal terms with the player"
23:39, Tue 8 Jan
Duplicate!
23:42, Tue 8 Jan
Got it the first time 😉

Could be translated as we were too tight to pay him what he wanted (or on the other hand he was a greedy bastard)
23:45, Tue 8 Jan
DES
DES
Mark Burch I’ll? Bit of overkill here, he scored couple of goals on loan then demanded double the wages previously agreed, Trev wouldn’t have it!

Yes, I seem to remember he had a barmy agent. The player was offered a deal with Blues which he was happy with, the agent went along with it and then, at the 11th hour, reneged on the deal without telling Burchill and, as you say, tried to double the wages that had been agreed. Blues told him to feck off. The agent tried to go back to the original deal but Blues were too angry to revisit it. I think Burchill changed agents shortly afterwards.
23:50, Tue 8 Jan
I was a bit disappointed with him. A Celtic mates of mine said it would be a great signing.

Saw him when we played at Gillingham and he seemed totally disinterested.
00:14, Wed 9 Jan
Tony Morley. We had him on loan for a month from the Albion and he scored 3 in 4 or something like that. A class above what we had at the time.
01:52, Wed 9 Jan
Ribeye
Mark Burchill, absolute madness not to sign him. Looked the real deal at the time, pace, awareness and knew how to finish, seemed a raw talent. Was available for something like 1.2m could have been the difference in us going up if not we would have definitely made on profit on him. Done feck all after he left though, rumours of being on coke but for Blues he looked the dogs.

Gary Bull, another bloke who knew where the net was, can't remember why we didn't sign him permanently but he seemed to bang them in for us at the time and his record at forest was decent.
e

Agree Birchill looked a natural finisher, but... Word was he had a taxi waiting after home games, & pissed off back to Glasgow in kit, coat & boots... Really committed team player! Compare to the Juke, Che et al...

KRO
Yum, Yum, Gimme Some...
07:51, Wed 9 Jan
Ribeye

I thought he was going to be a cracking player < Burchill >, his awareness was one of the best i have seen at that time its crackers how he ended up.
08:00, Wed 9 Jan
Ribeye

Chris Wood
08:21, Wed 9 Jan
I don't think we ever had the money or intention to sign him unfortunately
08:44, Wed 9 Jan
jon toral
09:28, Wed 9 Jan
Macheda.

10 goals in 18 games under Mad Lee when many were as sub.

Got offered more at Cardiff, albeit on a free.

The 10 league goals for us is still the most he's got in his career for a single club!
Dictated but not read.

Louie Donowa