Re: Paul Harding.

21:19, Wed 9 Jan
Obafemi
Ted McMinn
The Tin Man - I remember sitting in the main stand and watching a reserve game where he came on as a sub. Within 5 mins and before he even touched the ball he blatantly head butted an opponent and without a glance at the Ref or the bench, calmly walked back off the pitch.

Couldn't stand him. Ran like he had wooden legs
21:21, Wed 9 Jan
Vince knows
Didn’t they miss an open goal as well DES late on that literally rolled across the goal line and went out for a goal kick on the old wavy pitch at the tilton end?

Got absolutely steaming drunk before/during/after that game on cans of breaker as a youth .

Yeah loved Thommo, had other good keepers as well around the same time on loan . Alan Miller, Kevin Dearden.

And one weird shit fat one Australian I think? Bob Caitlin? I might have imagined that not sure, it was the 90’s after all.

Alan miller was superb.
Was caitlin from notts co ?
21:26, Wed 9 Jan
Think so rings a slight bell don’t think he played much if at all maybe one game?
21:27, Wed 9 Jan
Bob Catlin, remember Andy Gosney
21:30, Wed 9 Jan
I went to Newcastle on a sunday drew 2-2, im sure he was in goal that day.
21:36, Wed 9 Jan
Andy Gosney was rubbish, he did make 2 worldies one game though for some reason... probably in between letting 3 passbacks in.

Who was in Goal when that wolves geezer scored 3 or 4 when we got mullered at home Roberts or something?
21:45, Wed 9 Jan
Artist
Vince knows
Didn’t they miss an open goal as well DES late on that literally rolled across the goal line and went out for a goal kick on the old wavy pitch at the tilton end?

Got absolutely steaming drunk before/during/after that game on cans of breaker as a youth .

Yeah loved Thommo, had other good keepers as well around the same time on loan . Alan Miller, Kevin Dearden.

And one weird shit fat one Australian I think? Bob Caitlin? I might have imagined that not sure, it was the 90’s after all.

Alan miller was superb.
Was caitlin from notts co ?

Catlin was the keeper who couldn’t kick, could barely reach the halfway line. Story was that one of our scouts went to watch Notts County reserves and reported back that the keeper was someone we should sign. Didn’t give a name, however, and we then made an offer to Notts County for their reserve keeper. This was actually Caitlin but he wasn’t the keeper in the match watched. He duly signed for us.
22:14, Wed 9 Jan
Ah right that’s how I know him, remember that game Newcastle were absolutely flying at the top of the league and we had a bit of momentum after signing saville,moulden,parris & that winger Dave Smith on deadline day and picking up a couple of results .
22:16, Wed 9 Jan
I used to like Dave Smith. Scored a couple of screamers.
22:31, Wed 9 Jan
Think Dave Smith scored at Bristol Rovers In our last away game of the season to help keep us up (the week before the charlton home game)

What a game that Bristol Rovers one was 3-3 watched the first half on a hill overlooking the pitch and the second half in the bedroom of a house with a pitchside view of the match after blagging the owner with a fiver and a bit of bob hope after a few of us went down ticketless.

Think some little bloke with an Afro got a couple for them ,Saunders maybe.
22:38, Wed 9 Jan
I miss being albions feeder club...

Dave Smith
Paul Mardon
Graham Potter
Darren Carter
Darren Purse
Geoff Horsfield
Liam Ridgewell
Ben Foster

Think there were a couple more in the 90s but can't remember.

Remember when Dele used to terrorise them?
22:45, Wed 9 Jan
I do yeah..did he score in that 4-1 home game under Francis when Ndlovu ran them ragged?
22:57, Wed 9 Jan
Wasn't it 4-0?

Dele definitely got 2 and i think Ndlovu got the other 2 or at least one of them.
23:04, Wed 9 Jan
Could well have been 4-0 yes mate, another brilliant one.

Big game at the time that was.
00:02, Thu 10 Jan
Catlin was the guy we signed on loan by accident. Desperate for a goalie, so one of the scouts volunteered that a reserve at Notts County had done a great job in a recent match. So we brought Catlin in.

Scout then saw Catlin in action. "Who's that?" "The bloke you recommended. Notts County's reserve." "No, it wasn't him."

Turned out the scout had seen a youth team player in goal and not Catlin.

Catlin's career was ruined by banning goalies from picking up backpasses - he was a fine shot-stopper but Bambi on ice with the ball at his feet.