TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits
i think they will stop at 7

might end up at 8 but doubt they will be trying for double figures

bit classless this

Alright Steve.
22:11, Wed 9 Jan
jimmysinger
You'll call me old fashioned, but how anyone can take pleasure in that humiliation of a small town club is beyond me. All it exposes is the huge unbridgeable gulf between billionaire clubs and the rest. It demeans the game.

Agree, whole-heartedly. Found it all a bit distasteful if I'm honest....

...unless it was vile on the receiving end, then I'd piss meself, all night long.
22:13, Wed 9 Jan
What a load of shit. What do you suggest? Giving the lower league team a head start?

Shame Lloyd Dyer wasn't still playing for them it would have been more satisfying.
22:14, Wed 9 Jan
some people don't quite get it as far as i'm concerned.

its great seeing someone beaten by a big scoreline it emphasises why they are so good and why the others are good but just nowhere near as good as those that are really good.

when should they stop, 5, 6-0?

lord lummy its not a charity game.
22:17, Wed 9 Jan
Playing a full strength (near enough) team and beating them properly is showing a lot more respect to Burton than playing a load of kids and still winning 3 or 4 to nil.

It’s a cup semi final and they should be going out to put the tie to bed and that’s what they did.
22:17, Wed 9 Jan
Always likely to be a heavy win. It’s more shocking when both teams are in the same division. Bournemouth comes to mind...
22:18, Wed 9 Jan
DES
Phil Neal?
22:19, Wed 9 Jan
Who said anything about giving them a head start? Having a bit of respect for a league 1 team getting to the semi finals without taking the piss out of them would be nice.

Premier league champs showing their muscles and their millions is taking the piss and I can't take any pleasure out of that.
22:20, Wed 9 Jan
isn't that the point to win by as many as possible?

when do you stop?

you've got it all wrong.
22:22, Wed 9 Jan
They really needed that away goal really
22:22, Wed 9 Jan
In the league, when goal difference counts? yes.

Otherwise, no.
22:24, Wed 9 Jan
oliver-smarmy
Who said anything about giving them a head start? Having a bit of respect for a league 1 team getting to the semi finals without taking the piss out of them would be nice.

Premier league champs showing their muscles and their millions is taking the piss and I can't take any pleasure out of that.

Why should they respect them? What you are saying is no different to what Cotterill said about respecting 9 man Sheffield Wednesday. Bonkers.
Man City have respected paying fans and the competition by playing a full strength side. Im sure the burton fans enjoyed getting to see world class players in the flesh rather than a bunch of kids.

anymore and you're in piss taking territory

which is fine, its amusing and fascinating in equal measure but also a bit classless

their desperate atempt to score a tenth was entertaining, says a lot about football that the goal they wanted the most was the hardest to come by
22:27, Wed 9 Jan
You might be right, who knows, I ain't a Burton fan.

I simply didnt take any pleasure out of the millionaire mancs taking the piss out of a league 1 team.
you are crackers.

so if a team gets 7 up just stop???

what if you are 7 up at half time in a two legged league cup tie?

absolute rubbish you are talking i'm afraid.