08:21, Fri 11 Jan
I was on a beach looking forward to the new football season.
08:33, Fri 11 Jan
Ricky Blotto
Probably the best British sportsman of my lifetime, on so many different levels.

I was there on Centre Court when he won his first Wimbledon.

Priceless.

I watched it in a pub in Brighton, sun was blaring. Great memory :)

He was feckin' awesome that day. He destroyed Djokovic.

To have climbed to the very top of the mountain, several times, in an era of such greats and from where he came from as a kid is one of British Sport's outstanding achievements.

Great bloke too, which helps.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
footballisanart
Sir Heisenberg
ZLAMMER
did this ever happen?
No it didn’t.

It was once claimed that he had a Paraguayan shirt when England were about to play them, and he did once say “Anyone but England” but it was all very much tongue-in-cheek.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Why do the English get so upset, and surprised, at their mistreated colonies rooting against them?

Great question
08:43, Fri 11 Jan
Probably the best British sportsman of my lifetime, on so many different levels.

Priceless.

Better than Best? Charlton? Moore? Cavendish? Wiggins? Calzaghhe? Fury? Wilkinson? Hatton? Froch? Camp?
08:44, Fri 11 Jan
IanT

Priceless.

That would have been a fantastic day. I used to go to wimbledon every year in the past and its a great day out.

Funnily enough i missed this match, due to the fact i had a massive argument with the Mrs, i was in Spain at the time and i flew back to see the stones in hyde park on the saturday and flew back early on the sunday morning, i was shattered and she was expecting me to go here and there and i politely told her what to do and done her nut, when i crashed out on the sun bed.

In the end i couldn't be bothered to watch it, and kind of regret it to this day.
08:48, Fri 11 Jan
Fat Buddha

Priceless.

Better than Best? Charlton? Moore? Cavendish? Wiggins? Calzaghhe? Fury? Wilkinson? Hatton? Froch? Camp?

Yep. With the one obvious possible exception.
08:57, Fri 11 Jan
Fat Buddha

Priceless.

O'Sullivan, Hendry, Phil Taylor, Mo Farah...
09:10, Fri 11 Jan
Jacques Moran
Fat Buddha

Priceless.

O'Sullivan, Hendry, Phil Taylor, Mo Farah...

Good Lord...
09:15, Fri 11 Jan
IanT

Really? better than daley thompson? better than the TdF winners (if you think they're not all dopers)? better than redgrave? better than coe? better than botham? better than faldo?
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
09:19, Fri 11 Jan
That's what he said I think 😉
09:22, Fri 11 Jan
Being the best of all time in your sport and taking it to new heights >>> being the 4th best player of your era
09:27, Fri 11 Jan
That must have been epic.

Take the injuries away and he'd of been looking at least 2/3 more slams.
09:28, Fri 11 Jan
He's up there - in an era that has given us 3 double slam winners, he's in the same category as Faldo et al.
09:31, Fri 11 Jan
A_n_E
IanT

Really? better than daley thompson? better than the TdF winners (if you think they're not all dopers)? better than redgrave? better than coe? better than botham? better than faldo?

There's no bigger fan than Ian Botham than me, but yeah.

Considering what he witnessed as a kid, the era in which he peaked, and his great personality including his emotional side, I'd say so.
09:36, Fri 11 Jan
IanT
There's no bigger fan than Ian Botham than me, but yeah.

i believe oldham is quite a big botham fan too, he's seen his penis as well.

IanT
Considering what he witnessed as a kid, the era in which he peaked, and his great personality including his emotional side, I'd say so.

look at the era botham was in, richards et al.

coe's records stood for years.

faldo's era was just as strong with the likes of seve yet he was the best golfer in the world for about 5 years.

but daley thompson is the UK's best of the best. FACT.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast