15:45, Fri 11 Jan
Post on twitter asking what the most intimidating ground they have been too - guess which club is mentioned the most

[twitter.com]

What is the most intimidating ground you have visited?
15:49, Fri 11 Jan
Some of those replies!
Crystal Palace, someone stuck their middle finger up at me

Reading. Nearly got hit by a stray almond croissant

😊
15:53, Fri 11 Jan
Upton Park
15:58, Fri 11 Jan
Not surprised to see Ninian Park mentioned, the biggest tin shed in the UK and utter nutters. Anyone remember the infamous "Cardiff boot boys spit to kill" chant? From memory, some copper in a Plymouth game contracted meningitis after being spat on by a Cardiff fan.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
Stoke in 80's
Wolves in 80's trying to get back to station was mad
Pompey

On their day:
Bristol City in 89
Bolton in 90\91
15:59, Fri 11 Jan
Can only speak personally but Swansea away at the start of the 94-95 season when we won 2-0 with Claridge & Regis scoring at the old vetch Field or whatever it was called.

The gate was only about 5 thousand but it was 4 thousand taffies on cider & speed & it seemed we had no ‘boys ‘ at all that there that day.

Shit it.
16:01, Fri 11 Jan
Honestly I've never felt intimidated at a football ground.

My skin crawls every time I go to Witton, but that's a different thing.

Closest I've come I suppose was watching England play at Hampden and I had a ticket in the Scotland end. Even then I wasn't exactly intimidated - I just felt a lot of hatred.

The Old Den wasn't much fun I suppose, but that was a more general - it was a depressing hole - kind of thing.
16:03, Fri 11 Jan
Yeah, the Swansea lads used to hang about in the bus station by the ground, hiding behind the bus shelters, waiting to steam out and attack any away fans they saw showing colours.

Again, not intimidating, just a bit shithouse.
16:04, Fri 11 Jan
Maine Rd - the alley ways and maze of backstreets around the ground....had to be on the ball
16:06, Fri 11 Jan
A group of lads asked me for the time ( to suss our accents) so i showed one of them my watch and quite literally ran to the car .
16:06, Fri 11 Jan
Poland away in the early 90's
16:10, Fri 11 Jan
Someone shook their thermos flask at me at Villa Park once. Proper moody!
16:15, Fri 11 Jan
Walking to Ayresome Park through some shit estate could be a bit unnerving
16:15, Fri 11 Jan
Ayresome Park, went there with Blues and with a Forest mate when they played there. Not majorly intimidating but you had to keep your wits about you. Pretty sure they averaged 6'4" and 18 stone and that's just the women. Did AS Bari in Italy, if you've not got a Bari number plate you're fair game to the locals who are off they're rockers anyway. Also done Clyde FC, they make the Glaswegian stereotype seem quite normal in comparison.
16:18, Fri 11 Jan
Post on twitter asking what the most intimidating ground they have been too - guess which club is mentioned the most

[twitter.com]

What is the most intimidating ground you have visited?

I don't think any ground is intimidating once in the ground ... but walking up to the ground i really disliked Milwall, Maine Road and Wolves
16:30, Fri 11 Jan
Wolves was always one i hated because they would just hit anyone near the bridge - normally people who couldn't or wouldn't fight back.
16:33, Fri 11 Jan
Wolves was always one i hated because they would just hit anyone near the bridge - normally people who couldn't or wouldn't fight back.

I think there's a common theme for me with underpasses

I never liked that long alley that the Police made you walk along between the pub and the ground when playing Luton (even though there was never any incidents - just felt vulnerable)
16:35, Fri 11 Jan
Vince knows
Can only speak personally but Swansea away at the start of the 94-95 season when we won 2-0 with Claridge & Regis scoring at the old vetch Field or whatever it was called.

The gate was only about 5 thousand but it was 4 thousand taffies on cider & speed & it seemed we had no ‘boys ‘ at all that there that day.

Shit it.

Yep that swansea one sticks out.
Also bristol city on opening game of season early 90's,they were going for it before the game,hardly any blues there because of the away membership.
16:37, Fri 11 Jan
Vince knows
A group of lads asked me for the time ( to suss our accents) so i showed one of them my watch and quite literally ran to the car .

Was a bit moody 🙂

We tried to keep them busy for a bit, so the driver could get back to the car 😁

Lot of Blues fans had scarves in the back windows of their motors, on the way there. On the way back, there was a lot of back windows missing.

Roughest one I’ve had with Blues, would have to be Perugia. Even after the initial shenanigans, they were trying to ambush us all the way back to town. Then we had the feckers trying to kick the hotel door in 🙄
16:38, Fri 11 Jan
Ayresome park was easily the worst ground but you could get smacked at Burndon Park, PNE and Wigans Springfield Park.